PDA

View Full Version : Francesco or Oscuro for No Leveled Oblivion?

Epyx
02-18-07, 02:59 AM
Just wondering if anyone has tried both Francesco's or Oscuro's no leveled aspect portion of their respective mods?

Any opinions on which is better? I assume there is conflict using both? Does one have better creatures/items/rules etc?

Any help would be appreciated!

admiral1313
02-18-07, 04:33 AM
I have played both, so I think I can help you. Francesco's is more random in nature than OOO. It retains the levelled lists, it just adds minimum and maximum level. OOO's creatures and loot are almost intirely hand-placed. This makes OOO much harder than vanilla and certainly harder than Fran's, as some areas will be off-limits to you until you level-up a bit. Personally, I prefer OOO because it has everything and it resembles Morrowind's style of play more closely. Just be prepared for the fact that you will not be able to finish the game at level 1, as you can with vanilla.

And another recommendation, if you decide to play OOO. You should install the Lite version and choose what other plug-ins you want. I didn't like the slow levelling (3x slower than vanilla) of the full version so I chose lite and customised OOO to my liking.

iron99
02-18-07, 07:00 AM
The OOO is quite hard at levels 1 -10, but by the time one gets to level 20 it's way too easy. Although I really enjoyed the challenge of getting the ability to wear "light" braided armor when I was at level 5. That was fun!

Fran's Mod is better as it's still a challenge beyond level 20.

Try both maybe :)

radekhulan
02-18-07, 07:58 AM
I prefer OOO, as it is more "realistic", although can be a real challenge sometimes. If you are playing Oblivion for the second time, I would say OOO is better, but for the first time (Oblivion newbie), you might want to try Francesco's mod as well.

Epyx
02-18-07, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the information and suggestions guys, appreciated!

radekhulan
02-18-07, 02:01 PM
Btw, these plugins + Qarl's Texture Pack III + LOD 4096 + normal map fix make Oblivion a whole new game:

http://radekhulan.cz/img/oblivion/oblivion-poradi.png

Epyx
02-18-07, 02:59 PM
Btw, these plugins + Qarl's Texture Pack III + LOD 4096 + normal map fix make Oblivion a whole new game:

Oh for sure...as far as graphical and quest mods I am stocked to the max with the above and much more...just the gameplay/balance mods I wasn't too sure about...

Although your list above has given me a few others to try! Like the Windows LIghts? That one sounds interesting and atmospheric :)

Thanks.

radekhulan
02-19-07, 05:55 AM
Although your list above has given me a few others to try! Like the Windows LIghts? That one sounds interesting and atmospheric :)

Thanks.

Oh, IWR (Illumination Within Revived) makes nights in town a whole new experience, way more realistic. I love this mod. Just get its "optimised" version / patch by Martigen, consumes less CPU power.

admiral1313
02-19-07, 01:28 PM
Purge Cell Buffers? I didn't know there was a mod for that- at least a mod that doesn't require OBSE to run. I'll give it a try!

radekhulan
02-19-07, 06:38 PM
Purge Cell Buffers? I didn't know there was a mod for that- at least a mod that doesn't require OBSE to run. I'll give it a try!

It is a great mod. Before I had some exits to desktop, probably because 768MB video RAM was full. With this small mod, Oblivion is rock stable, it will purge video RAM when loading a new area first:
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=2388

Epyx
02-19-07, 07:18 PM
Wow you aren't kidding...i haven't had a crash since installing this mod. Suprised not more is said about it in the community.

Thanks for sharing your mods!

CaptNKILL
02-19-07, 07:35 PM
I'm going to download that mod right now. The random crashes are the only things stopping me from playing the game right now and I'm pretty sure they were caused by all of the huge mods I installed. :p

Camp0rz
02-19-07, 09:39 PM
O3 is loads better than francescos. It's crazy, crazy hard at first, but it makes you really feel like you earned your loot. O3 alone just gives the game an entirely different feel.