PDA

View Full Version : XB 360: Crackdown

Pages : [1] 2

thor1182
02-21-07, 01:53 PM
What are your thoughts on this for those who got it?

I find it a guilty pleasure for some reason. Something about those orbs... have to get them all.

Oh, and I am sorry random pedestrian I just ran over, I am still learning how to drive...

Imbroglio
02-21-07, 02:02 PM
the demo was a lot of fun, my only issue is i can't justify $60 for it, as mlb2k7 is around the corner and probably going to be taking up my time for a while.

Mr. Hunt
02-21-07, 02:12 PM
I found it fun... but I wouldn't spend 60 bucks on it... maybe if it gets down to 20... I hate Halo so the halo 3 "beta" or whatever doesn't matter to me, and I feel the demo is basically the full game, only with a smaller play area.

Buenamos
02-21-07, 02:58 PM
I've had the game for almost 2 weeks now and I gotta say that the game has some great gameplay but the story or lack of story is a big downfall. Basically, my roommates and I beat the game the first day we got it, then totally maxed out all of our stats, and now we're working on getting all of the agility orbs and question orbs.

Like I said, the gameplay is great but at the same time I'm still disappointed. Why? Because the next-generation of games is here and this is almost a step in the wrong direction. The engine has some great lighting, it uses pretty high res textures if you really look, the draw distance is impressive, and the explosions look great. But the next generation isn't just about making it look great, it's taking the current limitations to another level - there isn't any hidden goodies other than the orbs, no secret cars, no way to change the look of your guy, etc.

From my standpoint, I view the game as another GTA but with better graphics and powers, but takes away all the features that they crammed into the GTA series.

All in all, it's a great game but definitely feels a bit rushed.

brady
02-21-07, 06:16 PM
I actually find the game refreshing. There's a city and some bad guys. Kill bad guys and do whatever you want. I had a blast today jumping cars with some dude on live. I have not beat the game yet and I don't even know if I every will. I'm just trying to max my stars out and find fun random crap to do.

The most fun I've had yet is actually playing 1 on 1 deathmatch with a formidable opponant. If you think you can take me bring it on!

Buenamos
02-21-07, 06:24 PM
I actually find the game refreshing. There's a city and some bad guys. Kill bad guys and do whatever you want. I had a blast today jumping cars with some dude on live. I have not beat the game yet and I don't even know if I every will. I'm just trying to max my stars out and find fun random crap to do.

The most fun I've had yet is actually playing 1 on 1 deathmatch with a formidable opponant. If you think you can take me bring it on!

add me: iRanduMi

...its on like donkey kong.

OWA
02-21-07, 06:56 PM
Buenamos is always playing Crackdown. You're gonna get crushed! :)

kev13dd
02-21-07, 09:27 PM
It's taken practically a day to download the demo, so when it finally gets done I'll have a taste of it. I love the idea behind the game, but I can't see lasting gameplay after you beat it. Maybe spend a day or two collecting more orbs, but that's ganna hit a wall. It seems like an addicting game, but not one that will hook people for long

K

crainger
02-21-07, 11:19 PM
I love it!

six_storm
02-22-07, 11:48 AM
I yanked a copy from work and will probably fire it up later today after my Java test. Woo!

crainger
02-22-07, 07:02 PM
Just wondering. After you finish the game can you go back a replay it without having to start over with the skills?

saturnotaku
02-22-07, 07:30 PM
I get my 360 back tomorrow (finally) and will be firing this up with my friends this weekend. Can't wait. :D

sirplayalot
02-22-07, 11:00 PM
Was at Best Buy and decided to pick this up after playing through the demo! Fun game! :)

Also get a nice Halo 3 beta soon...so thats awsome as well! :D

six_storm
02-23-07, 10:38 AM
Got to play for about 30 mins yesterday and I am impressed. I haven't played my 360 in about 2-3 weeks so this game gave it some fresh air. Graphics are lifelike because of the art design, which rocks. Controls are good and so is the sound. Doubt if I would buy it but since I work at BB, guess I could pratically keep it. :D

crainger
02-24-07, 03:49 AM
I finished the main story... Kinda cool ending even though there was no actual story.

I love the fact I can now go back in and kick ass. I love playing with the enemies now all my skills are maxed. My favorite thing to do is shot a guy in the leg, wait for him to get up. Pull his secondary weapon, shot that out of his hand then... Well The choice is his. Does he feel lucky?

Peoples-Agent
02-25-07, 07:10 AM
Just wondering. After you finish the game can you go back a replay it without having to start over with the skills?

That's what I was wondering.

Fancy playing it through again on Psychotic mode with my souped up agent.

Arioch
02-25-07, 10:49 PM
This game is a blast to play, especially on coop. I hope Rockstar is making a note of how they could implement coop into their game. I am also addicted to finding agility orbs in this game. I wasn't even going to buy this game originally as I did not care for the Halo 3 beta but the coop implementation is fantastic and made it is must-buy for me.

ENU291
02-25-07, 11:06 PM
This game is a blast to play, especially on coop. I hope Rockstar is making a note of how they could implement coop into their game. I am also addicted to finding agility orbs in this game. I wasn't even going to buy this game originally as I did not care for the Halo 3 beta but the coop implementation is fantastic and made it is must-buy for me.
I agree. This game is awesome! In Coop mode there are so many crazy things you can do like surfing the car your partner is driving or racing each other on the highways. This game is pure fun plain and simple. I'm enjoying every minute of it. I also recommend you guys pick this up.

Destroy
10-04-08, 09:44 AM
Necro happens when one just buys a 360..

Tried the demo for an hour. Gameplay is rather satisfying with good weapon sounds and definitely gives one a sensation of being a kickass protagonist. Yet at the same time the lack of cohesive story and cartoony art or kiddie style bring the game down with lack of refinement and immersion.

I liken this game to a Lambo Diablo with wire spoke wheels, at its heart is badass yet has a minor quirk that brings it short from being great.

HiCZoK4
10-04-08, 01:58 PM
I got it and I love it. its must have game. Plenty of leveling which gets very addictive. Also graphics are very nice. One of best Sandbox game couse there is no plot.

Camp0rz
10-04-08, 02:26 PM
There is a plot.. It's a weak, badly told plot. But it's there.

I bought it because I wanted in on the H3 demo.

NaitoSan
10-05-08, 02:30 AM
I have it and haven't played it. :o I got it because of Halo 3 beta.

NarcissistZero
10-05-08, 09:22 AM
I remember when I bought the game and saw the beta card, I said "do they really think people are lame enough to buy a $60 game for a Halo beta?"

I guess they were right ;)

I like Crackdown, it's a very good game. The art style was really cool in my opinion, like a living animation setting. The superpowers were cool and overall it just was fun the play. Biggest downfall was the lack of a real plot and the fact every boss/mission was just a normal gang with more health bars. The missions didn't force you to use your powers in unique ways, like throwing cars at bosses... you just ran in and shot a guy until he died.

Destroy
10-05-08, 09:38 AM
I remember when I bought the game and saw the beta card, I said "do they really think people are lame enough to buy a $60 game for a Halo beta?"

I guess they were right ;)

Yup, several of my friends bought this game solely for the Halo beta.

saturnotaku
10-05-08, 10:09 AM
Yup, several of my friends bought this game solely for the Halo beta.

That's what I did, but I ended up playing Crackdown far, far more than Halo. Crackdown is one of the under-appreciated gems in the 360 library.