PDA

View Full Version : Is ASUS serious? (My mobo RMA)

sirplayalot
02-21-07, 11:49 PM
So, I sent in my P5NSLI mobo to RMA last monday and it finally came back in today. I was happy that I can finally put my PC back together and play some games! But what happens...I open the motherboard to find actual peices of the mobo falling off...The first thing that I noticed was that 2 clips that snap in the ram were broken off and laying on the bottem of the box it was shipped in. Then I noticed the CPU socket cover was cracked and the pins on the mobo had thermal paste on em! Also, you can see physical damage on the screw holes in the mobo, you can tell that there was forced used to screw this motherboard into a case. And the funniest thing about all of it is that they left a motherboard mount and screw screwed into the motherboard...

This has to be the worst RMA expierience I have ever had in my life! I will be calling ASUS tomorrow to get this sorted out...

sirplayalot
02-22-07, 08:30 PM
Just an update:

Called them up today, service guy asked me to send him pictures over email so I did. He is sending FedEx to pick up the motherboard package tomorrow from my house and he is overnight shipping me a replacement board tomorrow morning.

shabby
02-22-07, 08:40 PM
Post the pictures! :)

sirplayalot
02-22-07, 09:00 PM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6529/moboie4.jpg

heres 2 of em...its hard to take a pic of the thermal compound because its so small and spread out...hopefully i can get my sisters sony digicam which takes amazing pictures!

nmdelrio
02-23-07, 06:50 AM
now that really sux!

Lfctony
02-23-07, 07:29 AM
Over here in Cyprus some companies are actually dropping Asus from the makes they carry, because of the bad RMA support...