PDA

View Full Version : What's the best water block solution for watercooling my Intel X6800?

Digital_Trans
02-22-07, 12:38 AM
I've been debating on which watercooling block I should order online. I noticed the Koolance CPU-330 (CPU) Waterblock and would love to upgrade to it. But, before I click the trigger..is there a better watercooling block besides the Koolance CPU-330?
Also, I'll need the Nozzles, 3/8" (10mm) G1/4 Threaded so they attach to my Koolance internal PVC tubing. With so many choices I'd sure like your comments or suggestions. Thank you! :D

buffbiff21
02-22-07, 12:48 AM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=128458&highlight=fuzion

Do you have a lapped IHS or stock IHS?
The results i have seen differ depending on this ^

Supposedly the Fuzion beats out all other blocks, I believe with a less restrictive configuration.
1 vote for Swiftech Storm if you have a powerful pump though. :)

*EDIT* not sure with your tubing.... Maybe you should go with Fuzion?

Xion X2
02-22-07, 02:07 AM
Swiftech Storm is the best block for dual-cores because it jets the water directly over the die and across the cores. For quad-cores, the Fuzion or Apogee GT are better performers because they're not so centralized and spread out over the entire IHS better. They're also slightly concave to fit the IHS better, whereas the Storm isn't as much.

But you need to consider restriction, too. How many blocks are you using? If you're just WC'ng your CPU, then a restrictive block like the Storm won't matter as much. But if you're WC'ng your graphics as well, then you'll need a strong pump like I have to see a real benefit out of the Storm since it's more restrictive.

Zelda_fan
02-22-07, 02:09 AM
I've been debating on which watercooling block I should order online. I noticed the Koolance CPU-330 (CPU) Waterblock and would love to upgrade to it. But, before I click the trigger..is there a better watercooling block besides the Koolance CPU-330?
Also, I'll need the Nozzles, 3/8" (10mm) G1/4 Threaded so they attach to my Koolance internal PVC tubing. With so many choices I'd sure like your comments or suggestions. Thank you! :D

I personally like aquacomputer. Performance wise it is right up there with the best. It may not take the crown, but it is up there. It is mainly designed for low flow systems so if you're using 10mm tubing you may want to go for something else.

Zelda_fan
02-22-07, 02:09 AM
here is aquacomputers block the cpulex XT

http://site.sharkacomputers.com/images/aquacomputer/cuplex-xt/cpx-xt-bse-lg.gif

You can also get it in sterling silver (increased thermal properties), but that will be extremely expensive.

Muppet
02-22-07, 03:44 AM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=128458&highlight=fuzion

Do you have a lapped IHS or stock IHS?
The results i have seen differ depending on this ^

Supposedly the Fuzion beats out all other blocks, I believe with a less restrictive configuration.
1 vote for Swiftech Storm if you have a powerful pump though. :)

*EDIT* not sure with your tubing.... Maybe you should go with Fuzion?
That's a very nice waterblock. I'd really love to see some comparisons.

Xion X2
02-22-07, 05:52 AM
The Fuzion and ApogeeGT seem to run neck and neck with maybe the Fuzion barely edging it out in most of the quad-core testing. But the Storm comes out on top in dual-core testing, still, because of the centralized flow design.

The Storm doesn't do so well w/ quads because of the centralized jets when the quad-cores are spread out over the entire chip, and the Storm isn't a concave block like either the Fuzion or ApogeeGT are. They're actually made concave to fit the IHS of the quads better.

DiscipleDOC
02-22-07, 09:07 AM
DT, have you thought about the Freezone (http://www.coolitsystems.com/)? I am very please with it, and it does not require a lot to set it up. You should definitely do some research on it (if you haven't already). I know a lot of people already have one, and I am definitely happy with it.

Digital_Trans
02-22-07, 10:46 AM
Great! suggestions.....thank you! :)

Zelda_fan
02-22-07, 10:47 AM
The Fuzion and ApogeeGT seem to run neck and neck with maybe the Fuzion barely edging it out in most of the quad-core testing. But the Storm comes out on top in dual-core testing, still, because of the centralized flow design.

The Storm doesn't do so well w/ quads because of the centralized jets when the quad-cores are spread out over the entire chip, and the Storm isn't a concave block like either the Fuzion or ApogeeGT are. They're actually made concave to fit the IHS of the quads better.

what website do you go to for waterblock testing?

Xion X2
02-22-07, 01:28 PM
Xtremesystems, liquid cooling forum. A lot of guys over there have benchmarked these blocks w/ numerous mounts.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131297

DiscipleDOC
02-22-07, 01:45 PM
No Danger Den?
Danger who? :p

Zelda_fan
02-22-07, 01:46 PM
No Danger Den?

Danger Den is not really respected in the enthusiast community.

Toss3
02-22-07, 03:24 PM
Danger Den is not really respected in the enthusiast community.
I thought Danger Den along with Asetek were the best WC brands out there? :o

Digital_Trans
02-22-07, 03:24 PM
Well I'm going to wait it out for the Koolance CPU-330 (CPU) it's due out on the 28th of Feb. 2007 Koolance has been good for me over the past few years I must say.

Zelda_fan
02-23-07, 01:10 AM
Guess I am just a n00b. Been thru Koolance, Thermaltake, and now using Danger Den stuff exlusively (spoke with one of the founders in person a few days ago . . .the dude pwned my at the PDXLAN 9 mod competition - the dude is really down to earth). I try to support local companies when possible (as long as they have good products and services) which is why I use Danger Den, Mountain Mods, and Smooth Creations. I can walk in and talk to them in person if need be.

I am always willing to expand my horizons tho. Hope to learn a thing or two from y'all. Thanks for being n00b friendly ;)

DangerDen is ok. It isn't like their blocks leak or anything like that. It just seems as though they don't really pay attention to detail when they machine the parts.

Take for example the 8800 DD full cover block.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126356&highlight=8800

TERRIBLE workmanship. Does not look like professional machining.