PDA

View Full Version : Keeping 8800GTS Overclocks After Reboot

SLippe
02-23-07, 06:44 AM
How are you all keeping your overclocks after reboot? I'm using WinXP and the 97.92 drivers. Does Rivatuner or ATITool keep settings after reboot? I hate having to reset the overclocks every time.

alitayyab
02-23-07, 10:08 AM
yes riva tuner does keep clocks after reboots.

SlieTheSecond
02-23-07, 02:03 PM
In riva tuner. Where you overclock.
Click the checbox that says "apply overclocking at startup"

john19055
02-24-07, 01:00 AM
I notice with RivaTuner after I turn it back on and look at the monitor it has my core clock back to default but the memory stays over clock ,but it still shows to be overclocked in RT gaphic card overclock section ,and I have it set to save clocks.Is this just a problem with RT monitor of Clocks ,temps and fan speeds.

ATOJAR
02-24-07, 06:06 AM
Im using RivaTuner 2.0 final to get these overclocks(see image)it saves/boots fine for me! ..... my card sits idle at 52c-53c and under load(playing games) goes to 60c-65c!

alitayyab
02-24-07, 03:00 PM
I notice with RivaTuner after I turn it back on and look at the monitor it has my core clock back to default but the memory stays over clock ,but it still shows to be overclocked in RT gaphic card overclock section ,and I have it set to save clocks.Is this just a problem with RT monitor of Clocks ,temps and fan speeds.

run a 3d app in windows and see the core freq go up!!!
it the 2d/3d thing. in 2d it keeps things at default. only when it detects a 3d app launch is the core freq changed!

although u can change so that it keeps the core oc'd all the time. (atleast i think u can)

Nasgul
02-25-07, 10:26 AM
I use nTune to unlock the overclocking feature (I don't know if I still can use nVTweak but nTune is fine) and the Classic Control Panel to keep the OC at every start up.