PDA

View Full Version : Average or hot?

Pete06
02-23-07, 05:52 AM
Got the desktop working recently, but I'm a tad concerned, the CPU at idle sits in the 29-32C range and goes up to about 40C when I'm playing Microsoft Train Simulator with Folding@Home and other apps in the background. The CPU is at stock speeds and Rambo says his maxes at 45C and his is at 3.03GHz.

Do I need a case fan to help get the air circulating in the tower box?

Toss3
02-23-07, 06:08 AM
Got the desktop working recently, but I'm a tad concerned, the CPU at idle sits in the 29-32C range and goes up to about 40C when I'm playing Microsoft Train Simulator with Folding@Home and other apps in the background. The CPU is at stock speeds and Rambo says his maxes at 45C and his is at 3.03GHz.

That doesn't sound bad at all, I'd say those temps are pretty normal. It's never wrong to add some more cooling though.

Xion X2
02-23-07, 11:45 AM
Temps are normal.

einstein_314
02-23-07, 03:42 PM

I'd say those temps are perfectly normal....Well they're pretty much what I get with my Opty 175 @ 2.6Ghz....

What CPU do you have? That would help immensly....