PDA

View Full Version : At least they have acknowledged every bug

Pixelsmack
02-23-07, 05:45 PM
From the current news item on NVNEWS (http://www.nvidia.com/object/vista_driver_news_022207.html); NVIDIA's detailed list of what is broken covers everything I am having issue with.

So maybe there is hope they will address the issues.

They've handed everyone one real sh-- burger and now they need to get a taste themselves.

lowdog
02-23-07, 05:52 PM
I highly doubt the title of your thread is accurate. Personally I feel they haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg as far as bugs go. :thumbdwn:

jAkUp
02-23-07, 06:08 PM
I highly doubt the title of your thread is accurate. Personally I feel they haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg as far as bugs go. :thumbdwn:

Do you have anything to add? If so list them.

OWA
02-23-07, 06:14 PM
I highly doubt you'll stop complaining even if they do manage to fix every single bug.

ArrowMk84
02-23-07, 06:19 PM
It's a good statement - it shows Nvidia is working on the problems, and hopefully we'll have fixes soon. What I'd like to see, but most certainly won't due to the nature of the information, is a scrubbed web-accessible database of open issues. Then we could tell Nvidia's bugs from other vendors, at least.

inSpirAcy
02-24-07, 05:27 AM
Well, I hope that's not every bug - just the more popular ones.

Because overlay brightness/contrast correction was removed from the driver in the early betas and has never been put back. They mention the desktop color correction bug (yay) but not the obvious missing feature, even though I reported it.

Really need a proper bug database. :(

vas
02-24-07, 07:33 AM
Well, I hope that's not every bug - just the more popular ones.

Because overlay brightness/contrast correction was removed from the driver in the early betas and has never been put back. They mention the desktop color correction bug (yay) but not the obvious missing feature, even though I reported it.

Really need a proper bug database. :(
I agree, they need to set up a system similar to the one used by microsoft for their OSes, where your specific bug entries could be tracked. This way we'll know whether they will bother fixing it or even if they recognise that as a bug at all.

lowdog
02-24-07, 05:54 PM
Do you have anything to add? If so list them.

How do you "LIST" all the grapicall anomalies that the multitude of people on this site alone are saying they are experiencing in a broad spectrum of games right across the board.

Just look in the thread about games issues, have Nvidia aknowledged ALL of those in their last statement????

lowdog
02-24-07, 05:56 PM
I highly doubt you'll stop complaining even if they do manage to fix every single bug.

Hey OWA, if there were NO problems there would be NO complaints....pretty simple isn't it.

therapture
02-24-07, 09:50 PM
Hey OWA, if there were NO problems there would be NO complaints....pretty simple isn't it.

Yes, but people like you whine all the time, incessantly, and it gets old....

nekrosoft13
02-24-07, 10:06 PM
there are way more bugs then those listed on nvidia site (but at least its a step in the right direction)

just look throught this thread (just one of many)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85970

kevJ420
02-24-07, 10:48 PM
can anybody give me a link to all problems submitted? it would be highly appreciated.

my other question, are the flat panel options supported back w/ the geforce fx still able to be done/work exactly the same w/ the 8800gtx? i'm deeply worried that the hardware isn't capable of it 100% the same as the geforce fx.

lowdog
02-25-07, 03:02 AM
Yes, but people like you whine all the time, incessantly, and it gets old....

Thats because the problems are incessant. I'm not one to just suck it up like some and bury my head in the sand to make believe an issue doesn't exist. These guys arn't demi gods and I have no intrest in idol worship.

lukrad
02-25-07, 09:34 AM
SLI doesn't work at all. It's just there checked, but it has no effect. Overall performance is the biggest bug with the drivers, and they didn't mention it. :thumbdwn:
If Vsync can't be supported via Control Panel, they should remove it instead of preparing explanation in a help. Having Ntune and Display Panel separated is really stupid idea, because both apps share same library.

johnkeel105
02-25-07, 12:43 PM
When they get Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam working properly then I will be perfectly happy. But they have a good list of things to fix so far. I am also looking foward to some performance enhancements...

OWA
02-25-07, 01:21 PM
Thats because the problems are incessant. I'm not one to just suck it up like some and bury my head in the sand to make believe an issue doesn't exist. These guys arn't demi gods and I have no intrest in idol worship.
How does that saying go...the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If you always have problems with nvidia hardware/software, why do you continue to purchase their products?

lowdog
02-25-07, 10:19 PM
How does that saying go...the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If you always have problems with nvidia hardware/software, why do you continue to purchase their products?

Then that definition applies to everyone if you analyse it for it's worth. Why Nvidia?....because their pretty much the only one there atm, in other words there is no competition for them, it's not like there are 10 other graphics card companys doing the rounds at present.

Problems, yeah I'm having problems, the same problems everyone else is having problems with.

jAkUp
02-25-07, 11:10 PM
Then that definition applies to everyone if you analyse it for it's worth. Why Nvidia?....because their pretty much the only one there atm, in other words there is no competition for them, it's not like there are 10 other graphics card companys doing the rounds at present.

Problems, yeah I'm having problems, the same problems everyone else is having problems with.

Sure, but is Vista the only O.S. you can run?

lowdog
02-25-07, 11:57 PM
Sure, but is Vista the only O.S. you can run?

I have a dual boot with XP Pro on one set of raid0 raptors and Vista 64bit on another set of raid0 raptors.

Sure there are many less issues with 8800GTX in XP as compared to Vista when it comes to gaming and forceware driver compatibility. I'm getting used to Vista in antisipation for upcoming DX10 titles and truly hope it works out sooner than later.

I'll use XP for any new game titles that come out in the near furure and will also test out there functionality in Vista for the sake of it. But, when a DX10 title hits which is inevitable, I sure as hell hope (which I'd say many will agree on) that forceware driver functionality has progressed to the point of delivering on all the hype mentioned regarding DX10 and the 8800 series.

kevJ420
02-26-07, 04:09 PM
dx 10 games aren't going to look any good, b/c they'll have unimpressive draw distances and the terrible new fog and lots of aliasing (and if not it will only be purged by shaders and games that are already out will still look terrible, so that's not an acceptable fix.) and also blotchiness mostly in skies will still be as apparent as ever. makes me want to die really.

kevJ420
02-26-07, 04:13 PM
I have a dual boot with XP Pro on one set of raid0 raptors and Vista 64bit on another set of raid0 raptors.

Sure there are many less issues with 8800GTX in XP as compared to Vista when it comes to gaming and forceware driver compatibility. I'm getting used to Vista in antisipation for upcoming DX10 titles and truly hope it works out sooner than later.

I'll use XP for any new game titles that come out in the near furure and will also test out there functionality in Vista for the sake of it. But, when a DX10 title hits which is inevitable, I sure as hell hope (which I'd say many will agree on) that forceware driver functionality has progressed to the point of delivering on all the hype mentioned regarding DX10 and the 8800 series.
hype mentioned regarding DX10 and the 8800 series. I
meant to quote that. why should there be any hype about dx 10?

Slammin
02-26-07, 04:26 PM
dx 10 games aren't going to look any good, b/c they'll have unimpressive draw distances and the terrible new fog and lots of aliasing (and if not it will only be purged by shaders and games that are already out will still look terrible, so that's not an acceptable fix.) and also blotchiness mostly in skies will still be as apparent as ever. makes me want to die really.

"makes me want to die really."

HAHAHA!

Really, if you are that close to the edge, then maybe I shouldn't prod you, but have you heard the latest? DX10 will only render in 256 colors MAX! :D

Ruined
02-26-07, 05:55 PM
I can't get PowerDVD Ultra to play back HD DVDs despite passing the hardware test (get black screen and failure to initialize) on Vista x64; I think it is a combination of PowerDVD and Nvidia driver bug.