PDA

View Full Version : Forceware for laptops

Graphicmaniac
02-25-07, 02:56 PM
Hi guys,

is there a way for update the 86.xx driver on my laptop without put the 84.xx that nvidia release since july ? ....

if i put 93.81 will all work without problems as its doing now?

the reason i want update is for have something in line with the last released games i'm playing

i've a 7400go

nmdelrio
02-25-07, 03:26 PM
It's best to check with your laptop manufacturer.

I have an HP Pavilion dv5191ea with 7400GO, when I tried updating the drivers from the the nVidia website, it refuses to update the drivers. On the nVidia website, it is quite specific which laptop model the current drivers are suited for.

I do not think the 93.81 drivers are for 7xxx GO series. I believe they are for regular desktop GPU cards.

particleman
02-25-07, 08:56 PM
Go to www.laptopvideo2go.com for modified drivers that will work on laptops. I use them on my 2 laptops one with a 7900 GTX Go and the other with a 7600, the modified drivers work great.

Gort
02-26-07, 08:58 AM
I'm running the latest drivers with the before-mentioned .inf file that has my 7900GTX Go in it. Seems fine to me!

Peter

Dragunov
02-26-07, 11:08 AM
Well I tried a modified driver on the laptop of my parents (7300Go) and a no go

mobilenvidia
02-26-07, 01:13 PM
Well I tried a modified driver on the laptop of my parents (7300Go) and a no go
Did you replace the original INF that comes with driver with a modded one ?
This is a vital step that needs to be done manually for those with GPU's not supported in original INF
All GPU's are supported including your go7300.

Dragunov
02-26-07, 01:39 PM
yeah, downloaded it seperately and replaced the original one

But during reboot it doesn't use those drivers, so when I manually install the driver, by going to device manager, and of course choose the folder with the newest driver, it still installs the old one

Graphicmaniac
02-26-07, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the info

i hope wont happen to me the same problems, i'll update as soon as i buy a new usb/playstation 2 adaptor for play my games ehe

mobilenvidia
02-26-07, 10:10 PM
yeah, downloaded it seperately and replaced the original one

But during reboot it doesn't use those drivers, so when I manually install the driver, by going to device manager, and of course choose the folder with the newest driver, it still installs the old one
Turn off Windows update, as this will attempt to reinstall the last WHQL driver it can find.
As modding the INF ofcourse makes the driver non-WHQL, but no other way to add support for all the GPU's.
With Vista x64 you will need to allow Windows update find a WHQL driver let it install then turn Windows update off (auto install only) and install a newer driver.