PDA

View Full Version : CPU Drivers!

ATOJAR
02-25-07, 03:57 PM
Hi,

I have a question, now it may seem a stupid question to some of you guys BUT i have made the switch from a AMD 64 dual core 4200+ to a intel C2D E6600 and know nothing really of the new intel C2D chips, with my older AMD i used to have to put the AMD processor drivers in (for XP) and also the dual core optimizer..... is there any sort of drivers like this for the intel C2D E6600 chips?

It may sound like a noobish question but im a noob when it comes to intel.... but so far i am very happy with its overall performance compared to my old 4200+!

Thanks in advance.

Zelda_fan
02-25-07, 06:46 PM
I would re-install the operating system anytime you change the mobo/CPU, but there aren't any special drivers needed for the Core2.

Redeemed
02-25-07, 06:58 PM
I would re-install the operating system anytime you change the mobo/CPU, but there aren't any special drivers needed for the Core2.

Though my recommendation would be the same- reinstalling Windows isn't entirely necessary. Better? Yes. Necessary? No.

I just went from a EPoX 8NPA SLi with a A64 3400 (s754) to an Opteron185 on an ASUS A8N32-SLi Dlx. All I did was uninstall all of the drivers (for literally everything) before I did the upgrade. Haven't had an issue- except for my temps. But that's a different story.

grey_1
02-25-07, 07:43 PM
I'm in agreement with Zelda_fan. We all know how great windows is at cleaning out all of an old program driver //sarcasm off_ I would definetly re-install going from amd to intel. I have swapped nforce for nforce before, but not amd to ntel.
A new install doesn't take long at all anyway and may avoid some problems down the road for you.

ATOJAR
02-27-07, 05:20 AM
Oh.... dont worry about that i did a fresh install..... changing the motherboard, cpu and ram i think its the best thing to do!..... i was just wondering if there was any intel cpu drivers/optimizers... although it dont look like there is!