PDA

View Full Version : I found the secret to get your girls/wives into PC & gaming

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
02-25-07, 06:45 PM
Thats true! :D
& before you imagine something , no i'm not talking about our Action-FPS games but rather some type of the puzzle/mystery games.
these games simply ask you to find clues scattered around the scene or hidden sometimes & then a challenge at the end of the level which is a mini-puzzle game.
whats good about these games is that :
- They dont require much skill
- They dont need high PC hardware reqs (even the most low-end PC can play them)
- They dont need previous keyboard or mouse experiance
- 2 or more people can enjoy them at same time (i.e. you & your girl/wife). actually they better be played that way.
- Guys can enjoy them aswell (you can play them at work or school .. etc)
- High replay value

anyways enough talking & heres the link for the series that got most of the girls i know into them that they are now literally addicted !! :captnkill:
http://www.mysterycasefiles.com/

i suggest you try the games yourself first & by order. Huntsville --> Prime Suspects --> Ravenhearst (the best so far :D) then let your girl try it ;)

of course there are other games of the same gener but i suggest you start with these.
GL!

crainger
02-25-07, 06:47 PM
My Moms loves those Mystery Case Files.

My secret to get my gf into gaming was The Sims.

grey_1
02-25-07, 06:51 PM
I showed my wife desperate housewives. Do I really need to tell how that went?:p

Xion X2
02-25-07, 07:17 PM

They LOVE the Sims. That got my sister absolutely hooked on PC-gaming. That and Oblivion.

Any Lord of the Rings type stuff w/ elves, wizards, etc.. they are often prone to liking. That's why you see so many of them playing MMOs like Vanguard, Everquest, etc. There are a # of girls that play those types of games.

They also get into fighters like Tekken, Dead or Alive, etc.

SH64
02-25-07, 07:27 PM

My boss at work (she's around 45yr) is loving the MCF games! she's even better than me at them :D

true what you said about the Sims , but the problem is that i dont like this game. i wanted a game that i can join my girl when playing & these games suit me very well.

Zelda_fan
02-25-07, 07:31 PM
I once got my woman into world of warcraft. It pissed me off because she hogged up my computer and wouldn't let me play.

MaXThReAT
02-25-07, 07:34 PM

:lol2: My Chinese sex slave likes to play Uru, TDU and GTA:SA.

CaptNKILL
02-25-07, 07:58 PM
I once got my woman into world of warcraft. It pissed me off because she hogged up my computer and wouldn't let me play.
My friend got his girlfriend into Diablo 2 and then World of Warcraft and eventually she was into it more than he was. Then it got out of hand and she was totally addicted and put the game ahead of anything else. She probably still is addicted to it, and I don't think they are together any more.

Pretty sad though that a game can do something like that.

Stoneyguy
02-25-07, 08:12 PM
I got Nancy Drew PC games for my daughters. The wife ended up enjoying them just as much, if not more.

Zelda_fan
02-25-07, 08:31 PM
My friend got his girlfriend into Diablo 2 and then World of Warcraft and eventually she was into it more than he was. Then it got out of hand and she was totally addicted and put the game ahead of anything else. She probably still is addicted to it, and I don't think they are together any more.

Pretty sad though that a game can do something like that.

Fortunately, in my case, it was only a one day thing. After that she basically had no interest in any video game other than the Mario 64 minigames on my Nintendo DS. Which was fine with me. Women are for s3x0ring not video games.

OldOfEvil
02-25-07, 08:55 PM
Sim yo, they just love that game.

SH64
02-25-07, 09:17 PM
I got Nancy Drew PC games for my daughters. The wife ended up enjoying them just as much, if not more.
I'm downloading a Nancy Drew demo right now .. lets see if its worth it!

WeReWoLf
02-25-07, 10:25 PM
My G/f loves WoW, Sims, Desparate Housewives, Battlefield 2, Scarface, GTA series and UT...

Also loves playing tekken and a few racing games.

nVidi0t
02-25-07, 10:48 PM
The secret is World of Warcraft.

ynnek
02-25-07, 11:05 PM
A Wii seems to bring all sorts of people back into video gaming.. Because its relatively easy, and the physical controls are new and novel.

mullet
02-26-07, 12:02 AM
Im very lucky, my wife loves call of duty 1 & 2. She really wants to play the new UT3. I asked her one day why she didn't like WOW or Sims, her reply was if I can't blast or shoot something in the first 5 seconds she isn't interested. What a turn on!!!! :D

crainger
02-26-07, 12:14 AM
LOL

My gf also loves FPS but she suffers motion sickness from them. Its unfortunate because she loves Serious Sam or any game with co-op like Battlefield UT. Although just the other day we tried BF:V and she didn't mention getting sick, even after she had spent an hour or so making strafing runs with me in the helicopters, and I'm a pretty crazy pilot.

We are getting a Wii in a few days, but I aim to also get another 360 to play co-op in games like Crackdown and Saint's Row. I have the spare TV, spare HT speakers, I just need another console and games. (2nd hand will make it even cheaper).

On that note my gf has logged many hours on Live Arcade. In fact I think with 500+ points all come from Live Arcade games.

mullet
02-26-07, 12:19 AM
My wife had motion sickness to but she just played like 40 mins at a time and it will go away. She hasn't had motion sickness in years now.

ynnek
02-26-07, 12:19 AM
On that note my gf has logged many hours on Live Arcade. In fact I think with 500+ points all come from Live Arcade games.

My best friend's fiance is exactly like that too.

Madpistol
02-26-07, 12:21 AM
My girlfriend loves Garry's Mod for HL2. It is so intriguing to her because she can do whatever the hell she wants to.

So yea, that's a winner for me. :D

crainger
02-26-07, 12:28 AM
My girlfriend loves Garry's Mod for HL2. It is so intriguing to her because she can do whatever the hell she wants to.

So yea, that's a winner for me. :D

LOL I can imagine what would happen if my gf tried that... Probably Alyx kicking the entire male cast in the balls. Or some Alyx on Judith action. Most likely the latter after seeing all the lesbian Sims in her neighbourhood.

jAkUp
02-26-07, 12:30 AM
For my girly it was Lego Star Wars, and SIMS. And today, it is still only those 2 games....lol

Maybe Spore will be a good one for her.

crainger
02-26-07, 12:33 AM
Ah yes Lego Star Wars. The co-op in that is awesome, but I ended up playing alone mostly when my better half spent the whole time tippy toeing around the levels as it looked "cute". That and Lando wouldn't stop kissing my hand (I should have been Lando anyway!)

jAkUp
02-26-07, 12:37 AM
Ah yes Lego Star Wars. The co-op in that is awesome, but I ended up playing alone mostly when my better half spent the whole time tippy toeing around the levels as it looked "cute". That and Lando wouldn't stop kissing my hand (I should have been Lando anyway!)

For her is was the Princess Leia dance that was "cute"

SH64
02-26-07, 12:55 AM
Those of you with gf's who like action games are very lucky! my girl can't even use the K&M properly :o