PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new mobo install, POST beep/vid card error

Wheeler08
02-26-07, 12:43 PM
I swapped out mobo's, and hooked everything up, when I do, I get one long beep and 2 short ones. My mobo has the award bios. I looked it up and it says this is the error: 1 long, 2 short Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information

I have a Asus A8N5X mobo, and a evga 7900GT vid card. Everything looks hooked up right. I've tried taking it out and putting it back in, that didn't help.

Any ideas? Thanks

SlieTheSecond
02-26-07, 03:27 PM
Take the video card out again and re seat it. Make sure it goes in even and all the way. And don't forget to hook the power up to the video card.

thedude3213
02-26-07, 04:40 PM
try resetting the CMOS.

Wheeler08
02-26-07, 05:44 PM
Tried clearing cmos, that didn't work. Tried having just the memory, cpu, and vid card hooked up and turning it on, still getting the 3 beeps. Any more ideas? Its not a new vid card, used it with old mobo

Wheeler08
02-26-07, 05:59 PM
Ha, i feel like a noob. I thought I had memory installed like the mobo manual said, but guess I had them in the opposite slots than they were supposed to be. So its fine, for now...Thanks for all the help!

SlieTheSecond
02-26-07, 06:00 PM
Do you have another computer to test the video card in?