PDA

View Full Version : Wii dominates Jan charts. TP goes platinum

Zelda_fan
02-26-07, 01:45 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/766/766501p1.html

Hilariously enough the PS2 is selling better than the PS3.

The Wii sold 2x the units of the PS3.

Zelda Twilight Princess sales are up to 1.1 million in America giving it platinum status.

|MaguS|
02-26-07, 02:03 PM
Only 1.1 Million? Ouch, expected it to do alot better then that...

Lyme
02-26-07, 02:09 PM
Been playing Zelda for the last week, good gameplay. I prefered the cell shaded windwaker.

thor1182
02-26-07, 02:12 PM
Been playing Zelda for the last week, good gameplay. I prefered the cell shaded windwaker.

O.o

Zelda_fan
02-26-07, 02:21 PM

That's only in America. Worldwide, it's around 3-4 million.

edit: plus you have another million in worldwide sales from the gamecube version

|MaguS|
02-26-07, 02:38 PM
That's only in America.

3 Months to sell over a million, thats not good at all for a title of such magnitude. Thats like the poor performance FFXII had in the states upon its release... guess the market is getting tired of the long running series...

You can spin it anyway you want man but in all honesty im sure you would agree with me that a title like TP should have sold far more considering how long its been delayed and its hype. I expected it to have broken the 1 million mark at launch...

TiKiMaN1
02-26-07, 02:51 PM

:confused: Hmmm.... lets see the Wii has sold about 4.7 million units. Of that 4.7 million user base 1.1 Million Zeldas have sold. I would consider that extremely awesome. Especially considering the the 360 has a 10.5 million user base and has sold 2.5 million copies of Gears of War.

|MaguS|
02-26-07, 02:52 PM
When the game is considered to be a system seller (aka many people getting a Wii just for the game) I would have expected it to be more of a 2:1 ratio rather then 4:1

Remember also that when compared to the X360 the Wii has far fewer titles to choose from, I would think Zelda to be one of the first people would go for since theres no Mario right now so it would be the largest game released for the console to date.

Looks like Wii Sports stole some of its thunder...

Zelda_fan
02-26-07, 02:55 PM
When the game is considered to be a system seller (aka many people getting a Wii just for the game) I would have expected it to be more of a 2:1 ratio rather then 4:1

If you look at the worldwide sales it is a system seller. How many Wii's have been sold in America? Maybe 2 million? That's greater than a 2:1 ratio.

Zelda_fan
02-26-07, 02:55 PM
Not only that, but on launch I remember a report came out saying that Zelda had something like a 90% penetration rate.

Zelda_fan
02-26-07, 02:57 PM
:confused: Hmmm.... lets see the Wii has sold about 4.7 million units. Of that 4.7 million user base 1.1 Million Zeldas have sold. I would consider that extremely awesome. Especially considering the the 360 has a 10.5 million user base and has sold 2.5 million copies of Gears of War.

Tiki, you're not getting the whole story from Magus. 4.7 million is how many Wiis have sold worldwide. 1.1 million is how many Zeldas have sold in America. So the ratio is more like 2:1.

TiKiMaN1
02-26-07, 03:05 PM
Tiki, you're not getting the whole story from Magus. 4.7 million is how many Wiis have sold worldwide. 1.1 million is how many Zeldas have sold in America. So the ratio is more like 2:1.

:D Either way is fantastic IMO.

jakelong
02-26-07, 05:59 PM
I think I am missing something here. I tried really hard to like Zelda but couldnt. I found myself enjoying Rayman Running Rabbids and Trauma Center much more. Even had my wife laughing in splits; and she usually frowns if I spend excess time on video games.. Zelda seemed tedious and slow, and frankly not going anywhere at all, or maybe I am just being daft

ralinn
02-27-07, 10:14 AM
Action adventures aren't for everyone I guess :)

nemecb
02-27-07, 10:46 AM
Yeah, although in fairness it took me a long time to really get into Zelda too. I was just kind of playing through about the first 10 hours or so, but then the story started to pick up a little and now over 30 hours in I'm thoroughly enjoying it. On the other hand, I was a little disappointed with Rayman (and I feel terrible about that because it was a Christmas present from my brother:(). I probably should have just skipped the story mode at first because it's really pretty weak. None of the minigames are that hard to beat so it got a little boring. It seems like it might be more fun just competing against other people for high scores though, so I'll have to pull it out again at a party.

jakelong
02-27-07, 12:55 PM
you are right abt Rayman, it sucks to play alone. But you have to unlock them for multiplay....I only play if my wife's watching, so she can laugh at my antics and that helps me get into the the game :D

zoomy942
02-27-07, 01:15 PM
thats how i was with wario. cheryl will play it also, but when she doesnt i like her to watch.

Q
02-27-07, 01:22 PM

Looks like Wii Sports stole some of its thunder...

You've got it right there. Wii Sports has really done wonders for the Wii. This game has made the Wii THE system for parents. I can't believe how many baby boomers have shelled out the money for the system with no kids left in the house.

zoomy942
02-27-07, 01:24 PM
Who cares about the Wii

Bad graphics
Bad games
The motion detection isn't fun and is only for stupid fat kids who think it is like exercise

go away troll:thumbdwn:

thor1182
02-27-07, 01:24 PM
Who cares about the Wii

Bad graphics
Bad games
The motion detection isn't fun and is only for stupid fat kids who think it is like exercise

go find another thread to go troll.

NaitoSan
02-27-07, 01:35 PM
Who cares about the Wii

Bad graphics
Bad games
I guess you don't care about gameplay. :rolleyes:

No need to troll, we don't have problem if anyone don't like Wii for various reasons but no need shove it in people's mouth whom owns Wii.

IMO, Wii brings back pure fun that I used to enjoy when I was a kid. :) It's good to be kid again.

nemecb
02-27-07, 01:36 PM
Who cares about the Wii

Bad graphics
Bad games
[Insert generic troll comment here]

BTW, I'm highly disappointed that I couldn't find a "Troll RLY" image on the owl site. Somebody get on that.:angel:

zoomy942
02-27-07, 01:38 PM
EDIT : that pic is way too big