PDA

View Full Version : Wing Commander Arena

TiKiMaN1
02-26-07, 06:37 PM
I know...I know...put it in the console section TiKi. But Wing Commander will always be near and dear to my PC Gaming Heart.:D

Kilrathi:rw:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sim/wingcommanderarena/news.html?sid=6166308&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;7

J-Mag
02-26-07, 06:42 PM
"Longtime Wing Commander fans might recognize that this will be the first time players will be able to pilot the Kilrathi ships"

What? Thats bull**** I remember piloting some kilrathi fighters in one of the wingcommanders.

NaitoSan
02-26-07, 07:02 PM
I talked with good friend at EA and he has early build of it. He said it sucks. :( After watching a couple of videos... yeah it doesn't look so good. 2D Plane in 3D world... what?

Well I hope this is the beginning of WC series. True next-gen WC game would be awesome.

TiKiMaN1
02-26-07, 07:32 PM
I talked with good friend at EA and he has early build of it. He said it sucks. :( After watching a couple of videos... yeah it doesn't look so good. 2D Plane in 3D world... what?

O crap.:(

Well I hope this is the beginning of WC series. True next-gen WC game would be awesome.

I would love a Next-Gen Wing Commander using DX10.:D

J-Mag
02-26-07, 07:43 PM
I would love a Next-Gen Wing Commander using DX10.:D

Yeah and they really need to make the Tiger's Claw an Open Sandbox type environment... I just loved the atmosphere being inside the carriers in the originals and they only had like 4 or 5 locations.

TiKiMaN1
02-26-07, 08:31 PM
Yeah and they really need to make the Tiger's Claw an Open Sandbox type environment... I just loved the atmosphere being inside the carriers in the originals and they only had like 4 or 5 locations.

:tiki: This is making miss the Wing Commander Series too much.:(

Does anyone know if you can play the originals on XP?:D

Stoneyguy
02-26-07, 08:31 PM
Put this in the console section.
Seeing WC humiliated like this saddens me.

toxikneedle
02-26-07, 08:37 PM
quick someone call the carepolice!

just kiddin tiki :P

TiKiMaN1
02-26-07, 08:41 PM
quick someone call the carepolice!

just kiddin tiki :P

:p

toxikneedle
02-26-07, 09:23 PM
If MS really wanted to make a game to feel like the old Wing Commander games, they would need to release it on 14 CDs, not on the marketplace.

TiKiMaN1
02-26-07, 09:25 PM
If MS really wanted to make a game to feel like the old Wing Commander games, they would need to release it on 14 CDs, not on the marketplace.

:rofl That's very true. The installs used to take forever....and ever.....and ever.

superbooga
02-26-07, 11:22 PM
Tikiman, if you want to play the originals, you can always use DOSBox. There should be Windows native versions of WC3 and 4, but don't know if they work in XP.

Also, since the size limit has been increased, and video compression technology has improved a lot, I think they could release something like WC3 and 4 for XBLA.

NaitoSan
02-27-07, 01:57 AM
That'd be sweet. Or have EA re release all in one DVD for 360/PS3 or even PC like they did with Command and Conquer for PC.

Mr. Hunt
02-27-07, 05:14 AM
EA is involved... OF COURSE they ruined it... when I first heard about Wingcommander coming to 360 Market place I was hoping for the ORIGINAL games ported... I loved those games and the cutscenes owned.... but no... instead we get some crappy game.

MaXThReAT
02-27-07, 10:05 AM
:tiki: This is making miss the Wing Commander Series too much.:(

Does anyone know if you can play the originals on XP?:D

I play privateer all the time in XP, HUGE fan of WC, not sure if the older ones will run but I'll bet they would. When I first saw reports of this I was so stoked, then I found out it was only consoles, then I saw the screenshots. :thumbdwn:

MowTin
02-27-07, 12:30 PM
Whatever happened to the space combat flight sim?

There was Xwing vs Tie Fighter -- I really loved that game. But back then broadband wasn't as available so multiplayer was very very laggy with few players.

I think today you could have a fantastic Xwing vs. Tie Fighter.

And does anyone remember FreeSpace 2? That was amazing. I loved that game.

I don't understand what happened to this genre.

Ninjaman09
02-27-07, 02:45 PM
Whatever happened to the space combat flight sim?

There was Xwing vs Tie Fighter -- I really loved that game. But back then broadband wasn't as available so multiplayer was very very laggy with few players.

I think today you could have a fantastic Xwing vs. Tie Fighter.

And does anyone remember FreeSpace 2? That was amazing. I loved that game.

I don't understand what happened to this genre.
My thoughts exactly...

used to be my favorite genre. :(

TiKiMaN1
02-27-07, 02:45 PM
One of my favorite genres too.:(

Ninjaman09
02-27-07, 02:59 PM
My favorite was probably TIE Fighter Collector's Edition, followed closely by Freespace 2. That series should have continued.