PDA

View Full Version : why do people think dx10 games look good?

Pages : [1] 2

kevJ420
02-26-07, 07:52 PM
i was just looking at my pc gamer. they dx 9 and 10 games are horrible looking. they look like nintendo 64 games. every single one of them. fog covers up 90% of what should be viewable. i don't like z-cull either. it causes the draw distances to be shorter. i'm very mad that it can't be disabled. i wouldn't mind if someone told me i was going to die tonight. i wish all of these performance boosting image quality decreasing features could just be disabled. i don't need to go past 30 fps, let alone 60, unless it's f-zero, which would never be on a pc anyway. why can't there be choices for those who care about iq? i want to turn off all or most compression, the z-cull, the fog or choose a different type, i want to be able to choose my supersampling points, msaa sucks, i want to be able to not have features trimmed from the driver that prevent older games from running 100%. are all of those iq decreasing features really that necessary? and the thing that's worst of all about it, is that nvidia and ati force these things instead of giving the option. i know what i want my games to look like, i don't want someone else to make the decision for me. those who want maximum image quality and compatibility are totally SOL.

jAkUp
02-26-07, 08:04 PM
WTF?

Show me some DX10 screens.

DX10 has nothing to do with Fog, but has everything to do with utilizing the geometry shader, more advanced instancing, etc. Mainly performance increases.

|MaguS|
02-26-07, 08:06 PM
What Dx10 game and What Dx9 game were you looking at? I can make pong in either of them and it wouldn't look better then NES unless I radically changed the look. I really think most of your posts are made to stir up **** because they are so ****ing stupid that I would rather read a post from Nv40.

brady
02-26-07, 08:10 PM
I would rather read a post from Nv40.

LOL! I doubt this guys realizes just how mean that was.

|MaguS|
02-26-07, 08:14 PM
LOL! I doubt this guys realizes just how mean that was.

I seriously don't know which one of them is worse, they both act like they know so much but neither can put together a proper sentence. People need to realize that to be taken seriously they need to atleast make an effort to sound/look intellegent. All I see from this guy is...

blah blah blah fog blah blah blag RGSS blah blah blah I love Nv40 blah blah blah

mrrolf
02-26-07, 08:16 PM
The DX10 (and DX9) version of Conan doesn't look so hot.

|MaguS|
02-26-07, 08:19 PM
The DX10 (and DX9) version of Conan doesn't look so hot.

It's also a MMO which never fully pushes anything special. Some would say that just looking better then the average game while having hundreds of people on screen at once is dam good graphics... which I agree. Graphics aren't all about bump maps and HDR but what they can achieve extra with the engine.

Stoneyguy
02-26-07, 08:24 PM
i wouldn't mind if someone told me i was going to die tonight.

That alone screams therapy. :screwy:

mike686
02-26-07, 08:28 PM
Someone's been playing a little too much TMNT.

nekrosoft13
02-26-07, 09:26 PM
i don't even read his post, it just looks likea big blob

Xion X2
02-26-07, 10:19 PM
but wouldn't it to farts simulated? lol.. and here we were all the time. rgss to beat that ass given anything up but down. and i'm to die tonight. but all the way dude and rgss to the balls on the wall or something that like. clinton whippersnaps bubble gun ninja turtles.. lol. lol am all the fruit nipple chigger. to tell him what would like is what would give but we all know teenage mutant. all over the place tape on the internet of rats taco bell new york city. make sure never happen again issuing bill of right. plus rats running around taco bell meat is fresh. great show i promise.

|MaguS|
02-26-07, 10:23 PM
but wouldn't it to farts simulated? lol.. and here we were all the time. rgss to beat that ass given anything up but down. and i'm to die tonight. but all the way dude and rgss to the balls on the wall or something that like. clinton whippersnaps bubble gun ninja turtles.. lol. lol am all the fruit nipple chigger.

to tell him what would like is what would give but we all know teenage mutant. all over the place tape on the internet of rats taco bell new york city. make sure never happen again issuing bill of right. plus rats running around taco bell meat is fresh. great show i promise.

Gah, His sickness is spreading!

Q
02-26-07, 10:26 PM
but wouldn't it to farts simulated? lol.. and here we were all the time. rgss to beat that ass given anything up but down. and i'm to die tonight. but all the way dude and rgss to the balls on the wall or something that like. clinton whippersnaps bubble gun ninja turtles.. lol. lol am all the fruit nipple chigger. to tell him what would like is what would give but we all know teenage mutant. all over the place tape on the internet of rats taco bell new york city. make sure never happen again issuing bill of right. plus rats running around taco bell meat is fresh. great show i promise.

I've been getting a LOT of SPAMS that read just like this. :headexplode:

:rofl

johnkeel105
02-26-07, 10:49 PM
Funny I thought the few shown screenshots of Directx 10 looked great. Company of Heroes had alot better lighting and the water effects for MSFT Flight Sim looked alot better too. Not to metion how great Alan Wake looks.

Xion X2
02-26-07, 11:03 PM

Xion X2
02-26-07, 11:06 PM
Pure crapola.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/008/931665_20070109_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/008/931665_20070109_screen003.jpg

jAkUp
02-26-07, 11:07 PM
Funny I thought the few shown screenshots of Directx 10 looked great. Company of Heroes had alot better lighting and the water effects for MSFT Flight Sim looked alot better too. Not to metion how great Alan Wake looks.

Where are the CoH screenies???!

|MaguS|
02-26-07, 11:34 PM
Pure crapola.

Pfft MK 3 with Physx looks better... look at all that Fog and poor polygon counts. Hell they could atleast support RGSS... ****ing loser developers.

Madpistol
02-27-07, 12:24 AM
Pure crapola.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/008/931665_20070109_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/008/931665_20070109_screen003.jpg

meh... far cry looks better. :D ;)

crainger
02-27-07, 12:41 AM
Pure crapola.

Yeah 360 has much better graphics IYHO. :p

Sorry I couldn't resist.

einstein_314
02-27-07, 01:00 AM
i was just looking at my pc gamer. they dx 9 and 10 games are horrible looking. they look like nintendo 64 games. every single one of them. fog covers up 90% of what should be viewable. i don't like z-cull either. it causes the draw distances to be shorter. i'm very mad that it can't be disabled. i wouldn't mind if someone told me i was going to die tonight. i wish all of these performance boosting image quality decreasing features could just be disabled. i don't need to go past 30 fps, let alone 60, unless it's f-zero, which would never be on a pc anyway. why can't there be choices for those who care about iq? i want to turn off all or most compression, the z-cull, the fog or choose a different type, i want to be able to choose my supersampling points, msaa sucks, i want to be able to not have features trimmed from the driver that prevent older games from running 100%. are all of those iq decreasing features really that necessary? and the thing that's worst of all about it, is that nvidia and ati force these things instead of giving the option. i know what i want my games to look like, i don't want someone else to make the decision for me. those who want maximum image quality and compatibility are totally SOL.
:wtf:

You like to complain a lot don't you?

mike686
02-27-07, 01:45 AM
I don't know why, but I forsee a *BANNED* under kevpla1@cox.net's name in the future.

Wolfhound
02-27-07, 01:49 AM
You know what a comma is?, Im tired of reading your posts, youre the only person I see in this forum that start post for crying an moaning and without any sense to me an the rest of mortals... RGSS, TMNT... etc... :headexplode:

nemecb
02-27-07, 10:31 AM
LOL, I love this guy. He wants to turn off z-culling, which would solely have the effect of severely hurting performance while having absolutely no effect on what you see on the screen. I'm not sure WTF he's talking about in the rest of his post, but based on the fact that he doesn't know what a basic graphics function does I'd guess he's BS'ing about all the antialiasing stuff too.

johnkeel105
02-27-07, 10:47 AM
As for Company of Heroes screenshots I could have sworn that I saw some out there on the net somewhere. I could be mistaken tho. Still the ones we have seen are awesome!!:afro: