PDA

View Full Version : 93.71 and Coolbits 2 Memory clock problems!

[EOCF] Tim
02-26-07, 07:52 PM
Coolbits 2 does not work with the 93.71 driver, it bumps the memory clocks way up, causing lock ups and everything, searched the net, and other people have it too.

Real nice to have your GFX memory at 3.47Ghz! :o

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Eliminator
02-26-07, 09:14 PM
just use riva tuner... coolbits is completely broken in the 93.xx drivers

[EOCF] Tim
02-26-07, 09:28 PM
just use riva tuner... coolbits is completely broken in the 93.xx drivers

Wow, that sucks, okay, I will use Rivatuner, its been a while though! :)

rewt
02-27-07, 01:19 AM
Tim']Does anyone know why this is happening?

Simply put, nvidia messed up the drivers. :p It also shows my clock speeds doubled on the clock frequencies page, even when overclocking is disabled.

I personally stay away from any drivers higher than 91.xx. There are just too many bugs for me.

But yes, RT can solve this particular issue with newer drivers. The trick is to force the alternate startup daemon (this can be done under power user settings).

[EOCF] Tim
02-27-07, 05:17 AM
Simply put, nvidia messed up the drivers. :p It also shows my clock speeds doubled on the clock frequencies page, even when overclocking is disabled.

I personally stay away from any drivers higher than 91.xx. There are just too many bugs for me.

But yes, RT can solve this particular issue with newer drivers. The trick is to force the alternate startup daemon (this can be done under power user settings).

Allright thanks! I decided to go back to 91.47, because I also had shimmering with the latest drivers. But these drivers are good. :)