PDA

View Full Version : Battlfield 2142 Lag

CDE_1246
02-26-07, 09:13 PM
My battfield is extremely laggy, the framerate is perfectly smooth but it lags insanely. Does anyone know any thing to fix lag? I am running on the latest version that came out a couple days ago. Thanks for reply.

glennalan
02-26-07, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure if evern the best rigs out there run this game perfectly....

johnkeel105
02-26-07, 11:45 PM
I have had a simular problem with this as well. I get this weird gun lag but everything else around me is smooth. The kicker is that the gun lag only occurs in Windows Vista. It does not happen in XP. Its either a game bug or driver bug as far as I can tell....

CDE_1246
02-27-07, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. Im running on xp. Hmmmm Does anyone have any other suggestions? thanks.

tyler2k1
02-27-07, 07:20 PM
Nick Stam, Director of Technical Marketing at NVIDIA, passed along the following information to reviewers. Since the information is also relevant to NVIDIA's customers, we are passing it along as well.
We have found that some games running under Windows Vista enable 16x Coverage Sampling Antialiasing (CSAA) when 4xAA is selected in the game menu, resulting in deflated performance on Geforce 8800 cards.

The problem occurs with NVIDIA Vista drivers 100.54 and later. The same effect will occur in future "Release 100" Windows XP drivers.

Affected applications found to date include:

Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142
Sin Episodes
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 Lost Coast
To set standard 4xAA in these applications, please set 4xAA in the game, and also enable "Enhance the application" antialiasing mode with a 4x antialiasing setting in the NVIDIA graphics driver control panel.

We are working with developers to implement better in-game CSAA support. You can see CSAA menu selections in Half-Life 2: Episode One and Supreme Commander.

From the front page, you have to manually set the AA in the game for vista and since you are running XP, make sure "Enhanced lighting" is unticked since this causes horrendous problems with many people I know. Also if you are using integrated audio, turn off EAX and turn off VOIP in game. Also I remember reading for BF2 you shouldn't have "broadband" selected for connection speed, I don't know if you want to follow that one, but I remember reading alot of people couldn't handle the upload requirements or something. Hope that helps.

BrownHornet
02-28-07, 02:16 PM
Cool info..

Same problem i ended up turning both my AVG and Xp windows defender to get some decent gameplay in. I still somehow loose connection real fast on some servers or after maybe a hour most servers i start to get a dissconnect which i dont see how with a 10mb broadband line.

BrownHornet
09-08-07, 05:34 AM
I know this is a extremely old thread.

I found out cutting off VOIP will improve anyone connection i found out it was a bug anyone can get in BF2 tried it in both 2142 and BF2. I can get on a decent server now for a few hours sometimes or a few rounds before im bounced off the sever do to a high ping.

i still dont understand that part as i have a 10mb;down 1500;up cable feed.