PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube memory cards

jakelong
02-27-07, 09:03 AM
I got my first gamecube game yesterday, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, on my wii. When the game started, it said to put in a memory card or I cannot save. I thought it saved on an SD card which I have. What is the minimum capacit that I would need to save games?

saturnotaku
02-27-07, 09:11 AM
GC saves need those specific memory cards. If you have an EB or Gamestop near you, call and ask if they have any used ones. You should be able to find third-party ones for less than $10.

Ninjaman09
02-27-07, 09:14 AM
Best Buy still sells Gamecube cards as well - you should check that out.

jakelong
02-27-07, 09:21 AM
theres a 16x 64mb Madcatz one at BB for 15 bucks. Is that enough?

saturnotaku
02-27-07, 09:23 AM
That's more than enough. Sports games by far use the most memory, and you'd have to play just about every single Madden, Tiger Woods, NBA, and NHL game to even make a small dent in a 64 MB card.

zoomy942
02-27-07, 10:17 AM
ive been real tempted to get some GC games. mainly paper mario(to see what all the hub-bub is about) and mario toadstool golf. but theres something about not being able to use the classic controller that just bugs me

nemecb
02-27-07, 10:37 AM
but theres something about not being able to use the classic controller that just bugs me
Why? You really like using that pseudo-wireless ergonomic disaster? Wavebird FTW!:D

I bought a 16 meg card brand new from Amazon for about $15 with free shipping because I also bought TimeSplitters 2 to get me over $25. I decided that was plenty big because I wasn't going to be playing the GC versions of sports games anyway, and I figured I was safe buying the Nintendo branded one. It would piss me off to no end to lose all of my savegames because I skimped and bought a third party card for a few dollars less.

zoomy942
02-27-07, 10:43 AM
well, cause i dont like lots of extra styff lying around. and if i get a gc game, then ui have to invest in a wave bird then invest in a memory card. too much up front for me. i'll get a DS before i do all that:)

nemecb
02-27-07, 10:51 AM
I figure it was worth buying that stuff though. I basically get a GC + wavebird + memory card for about the price of a used GC.

The other drawback of GC peripherals would be that you have to leave the side doors on the Wii open to use them, but since I'm one of the few who doesn't really like the way the Wii looks anyway that doesn't bother me. I didn't buy it for the aesthetics.:)