PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2K7 Released!

Pages : [1] 2

OWA
02-27-07, 01:25 PM
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/7265d39971.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)
Disclaimer: Stole this pic from ENU291's post in the XBL thread. :)

Major League Baseball 2K7 was released today! Best Buy had all the versions readily available. If you like baseball, definitely check it out. It looks really good. Also, if you want to try the demo, there is one on XBL (released yesterday).

Anyway, I picked up the PS3 version and gave the battling a go. I tried doing it kind of "Wii like" by swinging the controller. Surprisingly, I got a couple of hits. Not sure yet if I'll just use the regular batting method or the tilt control yet. Gotta play around with both to see how I fare.

Agreed about MLB 2k7 demo. It had nice feeling about it however I'm not a big sport fan. I especially love how they use cloth physics... it's rather impressive.
I didn't notice that at first but yeah, you're right. Pretty cool. :)

OWA
02-27-07, 02:34 PM
Just got through playing 5 innings and they definitely have a lot of nice touches. For now I think I'll using the motion sensing way of batting since I seem to be doing okay with it. I've gone back to pushing it away from me instead of swinging it like a bat though. I can see why the Wii controllers have a strap. I was worried I'd send the controller through the TV when swinging it.

Buenamos
02-27-07, 02:52 PM
My main complaint with the cloth animation is that the shirts definitely look good, but the pants all look really baggy. Watch when the batters are at the plate.

LurkerLito
02-27-07, 03:01 PM
That sounds interesting. I love the wii sports baseball even if it really doesn't have all the features of a baseball game. I'd be real worried about the PS3 controller flying out of my hands now. I got frustrated at VF5 last night and kind of made the motion to throw the controller to the ground and it slipped out of my and and bounced. It was the first time I realized I could throw a controller by accident.

Alaa
02-27-07, 04:12 PM
No FIFA 2k7??

1337_Like_ThaT
02-28-07, 02:22 AM
Picking up my pre-order tomorrow :)

OWA
02-28-07, 09:49 PM
For the 360 I'm guessing? It's too bad they don't allow all the platforms to play online against each other. I think it's one of the best baseball games yet. The presentation is great and there are a lot of nice touches here and there. My only complaint is that the announcing is sometimes off (like they'll say a pitch hit the dirt when it was just low occasionally). I'm also sure that the computer controlled team has paid off the ump!

|MaguS|
02-28-07, 09:55 PM
OWA, You should look into MLB 07: The Show, Its available for the PS2 currently and will be releasing on the PS3 in April. So far the reviews are higher for it then MLB 2K7.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/769/769140p1.html

kev13dd
02-28-07, 10:22 PM
I bought the original Xbox because World Series Baseball's new game wasn't ganna be released on Dreamcast. It was the first game I bought for the Xbox and I still have it and play it. All the new ones that have come out since then have been dissapointment after dissapointment for just tiny little things that drove me crazy. When and if I ever get my 360 working I'll rent this game and see if it really is the best baseball game yet for a console, because baseball and football are my life on consoles

K

1337_Like_ThaT
02-28-07, 10:39 PM
I picked up my copy on PS3 and Im really liking the whole pictching/base runner system. It's been awhile since I've picked up a EA sports Baseball title so Im not sure if this system was implemented in older versions but its really cool. Graphics are good, but laggy in some areas, especially when looking at the fans in the stadium or when they are giving a tour of the stadium on opening game

OWA
02-28-07, 11:34 PM
OWA, You should look into MLB 07: The Show, Its available for the PS2 currently and will be releasing on the PS3 in April. So far the reviews are higher for it then MLB 2K7.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/769/769140p1.html
Yeah, I saw that when I was looking through the games list at Best Buy. I've never heard of the series but if it's good, I'll probably get it also. Might as well, I bought to NBA games (NBA 07 and NBA2K7).

When and if I ever get my 360 working I'll rent this game and see if it really is the best baseball game yet for a console
Heh, glad you're going to rent it first since I wouldn't want you to buy something over what I say. Too much pressure. :) Actually, you can just get the demo on XBL and try it.

I picked up my copy on PS3
Add me to your friends list if you want to play online sometime although I'm sure I won't be very good. I've been playing Marvel_us in NBA2K7 and I think I'm 0-10 or so against him. Occasionally I keep it close. :)

kev13dd
02-28-07, 11:47 PM
Heh, glad you're going to rent it first since I wouldn't want you to buy something over what I say. Too much pressure. :) Actually, you can just get the demo on XBL and try it.
Actually, I don't understand exactly how my college works. They give Xbox 360 high priority for bandwidth. But they also cap it- so my download speeds, while consistant and constant, are verrrrrrrrry slow. It took over 3 and a half days for Crackdown, and that was about the same size as the 2k7 demo will be. So renting might be better =). Plus you have the PS3 version- and well... ya know... ya :p

K

OWA
02-28-07, 11:54 PM
Geez, yeah, renting definitely seems like the better option. Wow, that's a long time to download a demo.

1337_Like_ThaT
03-01-07, 12:20 AM
Add me to your friends list if you want to play online sometime although I'm sure I won't be very good. I've been playing Marvel_us in NBA2K7 and I think I'm 0-10 or so against him. Occasionally I keep it close. :)

Sure, Is OWA your PSN name? Let me know and I'll challenge you when I see you onlien

OWA
03-01-07, 09:09 AM
Yeah, it's OWA.

Mr. Hunt
03-01-07, 09:11 AM
Just here to say... BASEBALL SUX!

Lol sorry... but I can't stand baseball... such a boring game... and the season lasts forever and so do the games.

Ancient
03-01-07, 09:24 AM
Just here to say... BASEBALL SUX!

Lol sorry... but I can't stand baseball... such a boring game... and the season lasts forever and so do the games.
Still chafing that there's no Riverdance Riverdance Revolution under development?

Imbroglio
03-01-07, 09:30 AM
Still chafing that there's no Riverdance Riverdance Revolution under development?

haha, mr. hunt wants the tap shoe controllers with shock g-strings so he can feel flatley right where it counts.

jakelong
03-01-07, 10:20 AM
kinda OT but I wish EA and Codemasters had put some time and effort to develop a next gen Cricket game. Its sad that the biggest single sports event after FIFA world Cup is happening next month and theres no videogame to commemorate it!!!

ENU291
03-01-07, 10:28 AM
kinda OT but I wish EA and Codemasters had put some time and effort to develop a next gen Cricket game. Its sad that the biggest single sports event after FIFA world Cup is happening next month and theres no videogame to commemorate it!!!
The problem is that Cricket is not a popular sport in the US or Japan so development of a title like that will have a lower priorty for developers. :(

OT: Hunt why do you come into a Baseball thread and bark that you think Baseball sux??!?! You must love getting flamed!

OWA
03-01-07, 04:07 PM
Hmm, after reading some of the reviews, maybe it isn't the best yet. They seem to rate it as good but say it still needs work and caught some issues I haven't noticed yet. The X360/PS3 are around 80%, the Xbox/PS2 are around 70%.

X360: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/936391.asp

Xbox: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/936392.asp

PS3: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/936393.asp

PS2: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/936394.asp

Imbroglio
03-01-07, 05:20 PM
the game is good but i'm not going to spend $60 on it. i feel that ncaa baseball is a far superior game, gameplay wise. yes it's only on the ps2 and the graphics aren't the greatest, but the gameplay is fluid and fun and has a lot of great features that this baseball game severly lacks, especially in the fielding aspect.

kev13dd
03-01-07, 06:36 PM
Ya, all the reviews I read sounded like... well, sounded like a good game, but nothing special. It sounded identical to the game I purchased years ago, just with better graphics. I'll grab it off ebay in a few months once the baseball season takes hold of me, but like it's been said, doesn't sound like a 60 dollar game. Sounds solid, but not feature complete

K

OWA
03-24-07, 09:02 PM
Finally tried this online with 1337_Like_ThaT. It was a lot of fun and a really good game. Unfortunately, he hit a couple of homers late in the game to beat me. :( Online play is so much better though since I always think the computer (console) is cheating. :)

sytaylor
03-25-07, 09:39 AM
Any word on a UK release? Highly doubt it since they haven't put a demo on XBOX Live yet. I'd love Visual Concepts to do a footie game though.