PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP '07 Announced

jAkUp
02-27-07, 02:54 PM
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/768/768265p1.html

Xion X2
02-27-07, 02:58 PM
NNYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !

Ah man, that looks sweet! I loved the last one on the 360, and this one's coming for the PC! Can I get a hell yea!?

http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/ve3d/image/article/768/768265/moto-gp-07-announced-screenshots-20070227100919449.jpg

Let's just hope Ubi doesn't port it, lol. :D

OWA
02-27-07, 03:02 PM
Nice and it's good to see they're bringing it to the PC.

ynnek
02-27-07, 03:02 PM
thats cool..

but the motogp 800cc bikes are so new, even the right now the actual manufacturers and teams are still tweaking and learning them..

so hows this game suppose to model them? :)

EDIT: This sounds like a more arcade like game..

Besides, I can't imagine trying control a motorcycle with a stick.. It just wouldn't make any sense... the controls won't be intuitive when it comes to turning..

nekrosoft13
02-27-07, 03:16 PM
two previous verisons where on PC also

jAkUp
02-27-07, 03:17 PM
Hopefully they have ragdoll crashes :D

Xion X2
02-27-07, 03:28 PM
Ragdoll physics in this game would be awesome. I used to just kick back w/ the last one and crash just for the hell of it and watch the guy go flying through the air and roll on the ground for about a half mile. Head-on collisions w/ other racers were especially fun. :D

The game isn't as "arcade" as you might think. Controls were an absolute dream playing it on the 360 controller--very precise. And the trigger buttons allowed for accurate acceleration/braking since you could press them down in increments just like the real thing.

I hope they'll incorporate online play for the PC version. It was fun watching so many n00bs wrecktacular the hell out of the last one on Xbox Live. :D

ynnek
02-27-07, 04:17 PM
Ragdoll physics in this game would be awesome. I used to just kick back w/ the last one and crash just for the hell of it and watch the guy go flying through the air and roll on the ground for about a half mile. Head-on collisions w/ other racers were especially fun. :D

The game isn't as "arcade" as you might think. Controls were an absolute dream playing it on the 360 controller--very precise. And the trigger buttons allowed for accurate acceleration/braking since you could press them down in increments just like the real thing.

I hope they'll incorporate online play for the PC version. It was fun watching so many n00bs wrecktacular the hell out of the last one on Xbox Live. :D

I guess.. Although on a motorcycle, there is a separate front and rear brake.. and controls are vastly more different than trigger controls :) Also, since there are so many nuances of turning and controlling a motorcycle.. I guess they simply just filter out the controls to simply making the player "turn"?

IOW, a motorcycle's controls are a lot more complicated to simulate than car controls. I don't see how they can be simulated without a full modeled bike to sit on. So thats what I mean it will be much more arcade than simulation.

That being said, I'm sure it has potential for being an extremely fun game!

SwedX
02-27-07, 06:08 PM
Great news as the 06 Version dident make it to the Pc :)
so one can crank up the AA/AF levels.
just look att the lovely AF settings in that pic, thats the lovely IQ blur what is Xbox 360 heheh

DiaBlo666
02-27-07, 06:17 PM
I guess.. Although on a motorcycle, there is a separate front and rear brake.. and controls are vastly more different than trigger controls :) Also, since there are so many nuances of turning and controlling a motorcycle.. I guess they simply just filter out the controls to simply making the player "turn"?

IOW, a motorcycle's controls are a lot more complicated to simulate than car controls. I don't see how they can be simulated without a full modeled bike to sit on. So thats what I mean it will be much more arcade than simulation.

you can skip the "this is no real life" bs and buy the bike you want. This is a game fyi, nothing is perfect.

CaptNKILL
02-27-07, 06:48 PM
I played one of these a few years ago. VERY fun. :)

Hopefully they release a demo.

Xion X2
02-27-07, 07:06 PM

Well, I've ridden a crotch rocket and know that nothing can come close to the real thing. But MotoGP doesn't control like a car simulator or rally racer; it actually does kinda feel like you're on a motorcycle. Controls are more sensitive and you can spin out easy by overbraking the front and not keeping an even balance between the front/rear brakes. The turning is also very sensitive and, I think, works quite well with the analog sticks, and so does the braking/acceleration since you can adjust it in increments with the two triggers on the 360 controller.

Overall, I'm sure it is more arcade than sim, but it's still a heck of a lot of fun. The sense of speed is awesome, and the controls were very solid, IMO.

But if you want real life, just go out and get yourself a Hayabusa. :)

ynnek
02-27-07, 08:19 PM
But if you want real life, just go out and get yourself a Hayabusa. :)

Thats my plan... working up to it. :D Cutting my teeth on a SV650S first.. Give me another year or so before I get my track toy.. :) (although a Hayabusa seems too big and bulky for its own good on a road course)

agentkay
02-27-07, 08:30 PM
Thats my plan... working up to it. :D Cutting my teeth on a SV650S first.. Give me another year or so before I get my track toy.. :)

Actually a SV650 can be quite a blast on the track as well. It isnīt very heavy, has a good corner speed and its easier to ride fast at the limit than the really powerful bikes (1000cc). Iīve seen quite a few 650 racers that pwned 1000 racers on slower-medium fast tracks.

ynnek
02-27-07, 08:44 PM
Actually a SV650 can be quite a blast on the track as well. It isnīt very heavy, has a good corner speed and its easier to ride fast at the limit than the really powerful bikes (1000cc). Iīve seen quite a few 650 racers that pwned 1000 racers on slower-medium fast tracks.

yea, but this sv650 will be my daily use roadbike.

My next bike will most likely be a weekend/track toy.. something like an older used 600 or something.

Basically, I don't want to have to worry too much about crashing a track bike, and be left without a bike for daily riding.

Another consideration would be making the sv650 a track bike and getting a 2nd bike as a daily bike. Who knows.

Or getting a track only bike, and selling the sv650 and getting another bike for daily riding..

Either way, i"d like to have two bikes, one that I can beat on and potentially sacrifice on the track without feeling too bad.

But I'm giving myself another year or so of putting around normally, before I delve into all that.. Besides, I gotta still save up some more cash. :)

LORD-eX-Bu
02-27-07, 08:57 PM
I still play MotoGP 3 URT:D I love playing that game online, this one looks cool, lets hope the port isn't crap.

LORD-eX-Bu
02-27-07, 08:59 PM
I think you'd have more fun at the track with a 600 vs a 1000, you fly around corners and turns in ways that a 1000 couldn't:lol:

998cc inline four FTW!tho for the street:D

ynnek
02-27-07, 09:06 PM
yup. totally agree with you.

LORD-eX-Bu
02-27-07, 09:51 PM
you'll learn more about your bike in one track day than you already have in all the time you've been riding:D

agentkay
03-02-07, 11:12 AM
The first 4 screenshots, but unfortunely they are only of average quality due to compression.

http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell/screenshots/motogp_07/52691/motogp_07.html