PDA

View Full Version : CSAA Vista Information

OWA
02-27-07, 04:37 PM
I checked and didn't see this posted but if I missed it, feel free to delete this thread...

MikeC posted some information from Nvidia on CSAA in Vista. I didn't want to copy his whole post so here's a small blurb but the front page provides all the details and how to correct the issue.

We have found that some games running under Windows Vista enable 16x Coverage Sampling Antialiasing (CSAA) when 4xAA is selected in the game menu, resulting in deflated performance on Geforce 8800 cards.

http://www.nvnews.net/

kevJ420
02-27-07, 06:24 PM
i'm really worried that this is an issue that's going to be prioritised high at the expense of everything else. the performance is perfectly fine w/ having 16x csaa-performance level forced with any other aa mode. and probably even 64 x csaa in most games. after all, csaa was performance minded anyway.

They should be improving image quality and compatibility/stability and adding more features and options.

AdamK47
02-27-07, 08:58 PM
We are working with developers to implement better in-game CSAA support.

Translation: We're passing the buck on to the developers.

OWA
02-27-07, 09:25 PM
It sounds like to me that they're trying to get the CSAA option added to games. Like you'll see the 6x mode for ATI and the 8x mode for Nvidia sometimes.