PDA

View Full Version : Resistance: Episode One - COMING SOON!

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
02-27-07, 05:12 PM
Looks like PS3 owners are going to get a taste of Episodic Content with Resistance, now this is me spinning the story abit but what Harrison is saying does sound like we will get more SP content for the game...

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157534

The downloadable content, according to Harrison, will extend the current story of Resistance while adding new locations to the game. We imagine that this includes new multiplayer maps as well. Now if this content is well received -- and we don't know how much this additional content will cost -- Harrison says it'll "keep the engagement with the game going between now and should there be a sequel at some point in the future."

Can't freaking wait!

Marvel_us
02-27-07, 05:20 PM
Sounds good to me. Curious to see what else they are going to add. Hopefully we get some new weapons as well.

Buenamos
02-27-07, 05:29 PM
meh, I played it for a lil while but it got pretty repetitive.

jakelong
02-27-07, 05:38 PM
Oh Buenamos, you just earned the wrath of them boys above you!!!!

Marvel_us
02-27-07, 06:08 PM
Oh Buenamos, you just earned the wrath of them boys above you!!!!

Why would he? It's his opinion. He gave a reason for not liking it, while not just saying "Resistance sucks!"

Arioch
02-27-07, 06:26 PM
Sounds good to me. I still need to get around to finishing the game though - been playing coop on Crackdown the last couple days..

crainger
02-27-07, 06:28 PM
Resistance sucks! :D

OWA
02-27-07, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure if I like the game or not since I haven't made it past the opening sequence in the demo. If I'm lucky, I stay alive for maybe 30 seconds or so.

Marvel_us
02-27-07, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure if I like the game or not since I haven't made it past the opening sequence in the demo. If I'm lucky, I stay alive for maybe 30 seconds or so.

That's probably one of the hardest parts in the game tbh. Your life doesn't regenerate and I think health is non existent.

OWA
02-27-07, 07:45 PM
Oh, well that's kind of encouraging. Does the full game start out a little easier? If so, maybe I'll pick it up. The demo kind of discouraged me from trying it out since I haven't had much fun getting killed over and over in just that one area.

|MaguS|
02-27-07, 07:48 PM
Oh, well that's kind of encouraging. Does the full game start out a little easier? If so, maybe I'll pick it up. The demo kind of discouraged me from trying it out since I haven't had much fun getting killed over and over in just that one area.

Just get it man, its a good game once you get further into it.

Marvel_us
02-27-07, 07:48 PM

I played it on normal and passed it. Just keep at it and before you know it you will be aiming spot on and not staring at the sky/floor whenever something jumps out at you. You can try it on easy and see if that helps. Once you pass that level you will be able to allow you life to replenish to the nearest segment which really helps....until you get to the stages where they throw everything at you but the kitchen sink.:p

Mr. Hunt
02-27-07, 08:52 PM
Yeah... before I played the full game I downloaded the demo and got so pissed... the demo is way more difficult than the full game.

GamerGuyX
02-27-07, 09:34 PM
This is going to be absolutely AWESOME! Resistance is the best game I've played for any next-gen console and I cannot wait to hear more of the story!

What are you kidding me or what? ****ing GET BETTER AT THE GAME!

**** isn't made for little kids so don't expect your hand to be held while playing.

Bad_Boy
02-27-07, 09:49 PM
I dunno, it doesnt quite sound like episodic content for resistance to me. The way that phil harrison quote is phrased, it just sounds like more like DLC single/multiplayer player maps (for a fee).

I don't expect Insomniac to go all out on episodic content on resistance when they are hard at work on Ratchet and Clank Future. I don't expect much more than MP maps imo.

Not that that would be a bad thing, It's just I think you may have taken too much from the quote. But I guess we will find out sooner or later, possibly at GDC.

|MaguS|
02-27-07, 09:54 PM
A Single Player map would technically be an expansion to the current game meaning episodic, not in the length of 10 hours of gameplay but I can see them adding 2 hours or so per download. He stated that they plan to expand the story so thats more then just an MP Map or a quick and dirty SP Map to kill aliens.

OWA
02-27-07, 11:52 PM
Well, I guess I'll pick up Resistance tomorrow when I go looking for the F1 game.

Toss3
02-27-07, 11:57 PM
Resistance sucks! :D
****ING XBOX371 FANBOYZ!! 1'M G01nG t0 k1lL y0ur 455!! Go play with your wii, as the ps3 graphics AND CELL ARE GOING TO r0cK mY SH1tz0r5!! (nana2)

GamerGuyX
02-28-07, 12:54 AM
Well, I guess I'll pick up Resistance tomorrow when I go looking for the F1 game.

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/bitch.gif

Stop being so passive aggressive you son of a bitch!!! Flame meeeeee!!!!! :p

crainger
02-28-07, 01:04 AM
****ING XBOX371 FANBOYZ!! 1'M G01nG t0 k1lL y0ur 455!! Go play with your wii, as the ps3 graphics AND CELL ARE GOING TO r0cK mY SH1tz0r5!! (nana2)

:D

saturnotaku
02-28-07, 05:23 AM
A Single Player map would technically be an expansion to the current game meaning episodic, not in the length of 10 hours of gameplay but I can see them adding 2 hours or so per download.

IMO, it's all going to depend on what they want to charge for content such as this. If it's only two hours worth of SP, they better not charge more than $5-10 for it, especially if they plan on releasing a fairly large series of episodes.

OWA
02-28-07, 05:24 PM
What are you kidding me or what? ****ing GET BETTER AT THE GAME!

**** isn't made for little kids so don't expect your hand to be held while playing.
Well, I just picked up Resistance while I was getting the F1 game. I assume by your message, it's just your way of volunteering to hold my hand through it? :)

|MaguS|
02-28-07, 05:32 PM
Well, I just picked up Resistance while I was getting the F1 game. I assume by your message, it's just your way of volunteering to hold my hand through it? :)

Virginia isn't too far from Florida... Come on over, I will fire up some Coop! ;)

OWA
02-28-07, 06:57 PM
Sure, I'll be there in around 12-16 hours depending on what part of Florida you live in. :)

Well, y'all were right. The full game is much better and I've lasted long enough to get through a couple of areas. I think I've finally settled on whether to invert the y-axis or not also. I still end up looking at some random place when I'm under pressure and trying to fire quickly but oh well, at least I'm not dying in the first 30 seconds.

Bad_Boy
03-01-07, 03:44 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157571
Insomniac Podcast coming tomorrow.