PDA

View Full Version : Next Forceware WinXP drivers?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

KickAssCop
03-01-07, 06:46 AM
When are they coming? 8800 series does need new drivers for sure.

loafer87gt
03-01-07, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath. Until Nvidia gets their Vista drivers sorted out, they likely aren't going to put any more effort into the XP drivers. What do they care if our cards don't work as promised? They already have our money. As far as they are concerned, 3DMark06 is working fine on the cards, and that is all that seems to matter. On the plus side, over the Nvidia forums where I inquired about the same thing one of the devs hinted at the possibility of at least one more set of XP drivers for the 8800. Lets cross our fingers that this rumour is true and that at least some of the bugs are quashed (22 pages worth and counting last time I had checked) before they totally abandon the 99% of us still using XP as our primary OS.

banned1011
03-01-07, 08:40 AM
Yea, it's been said before... I think XP is dead. They dont have the resources to continue for both OSes. The big push here is for MS and Vista.

KickAssCop
03-01-07, 09:19 AM
Ok can you please post some links to tell me XP is dead for nVidia. If this is the case I think I will be selling off this 8800GTS and nabbing nothing until we get R600. This is really bad since I don't give a **** about vista until that bug ridden piece of **** OS problems are resolved.

Just one driver. Wtf?

SLippe
03-01-07, 09:22 AM
And what if R600 ends up in the same boat?

kevJ420
03-01-07, 09:30 AM
And what if R600 ends up in the same boat?

It will end up on a worse boat in respect to this. ATI's compatibility is even worse than nvidia's. That is not going to change. No 3dfx to save us=(

Vasot02
03-01-07, 10:15 AM
This is really bad since I don't give a **** about vista until that bug ridden piece of **** OS problems are resolved.

+1

I am not planning to go to the bloatware Vista either, not until they release a Service pack...

If Nvidia does not do nothing about XP i am probably going to ATI
Already the latest 7.2 Catalysts support both XP and Vista

ATI's compatibility is even worse than nvidia's.

In what ??

Dragunov
03-01-07, 10:32 AM
Vista is a great OS, no problems yet

Tranceaddict
03-01-07, 11:54 AM
I just want the 8800 to properly support OpenGL games like UT and COD/COD:UO in XP. I really had it with Nvidia, first it was 3 RMAs for my 7900GT POS, and now I love my 8800GTS, but the forementioned games do not work well.

kevJ420
03-01-07, 12:19 PM
+1

I am not planning to go to the bloatware Vista either, not until they release a Service pack...

If Nvidia does not do nothing about XP i am probably going to ATI
Already the latest 7.2 Catalysts support both XP and Vista

In what ??

everything

kevJ420
03-01-07, 12:28 PM
I just want the 8800 to properly support OpenGL games like UT and COD/COD:UO in XP. I really had it with Nvidia, first it was 3 RMAs for my 7900GT POS, and now I love my 8800GTS, but the forementioned games do not work well.

I agree 100%. I'm pretty damn unhappy that those games are still having issues, b/c I never beat Call of Duty. I was looking damn forward to getting Unreal Anthology. What are the exact problems occuring?

I thought UT used D3D and Glide, but not Open GL. I know that when it 1st came out in 99 it ran best on Glide, and then D3D support was added to it and the original Unreal released 1 year earlier in 1998.

blarg
03-01-07, 02:16 PM
My main issue with the Sh*&(^ 8800 drivers is flat-panel scaling doesn't work! Worked with the 7 series drivers. I hate playing games stretched, it's driving me insane!

Vasot02
03-01-07, 02:19 PM
everything

WOW :headexplode:

And your one-word answer is a proof for that right ?? :rolleyes:

BDUB
03-01-07, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath. Until Nvidia gets their Vista drivers sorted out, they likely aren't going to put any more effort into the XP drivers. What do they care if our cards don't work as promised? They already have our money.

Yup, and for that I can't wait until they crash and burn as a company, which they will if they ignore most of their customers.

Tranceaddict
03-01-07, 05:03 PM
The problem is stuttering. The game dips down to really low FPS, and it is definitively the drivers and not the card itself.

SH64
03-01-07, 05:09 PM
Sadly it dosent looks like nVIDIA is interested in XP drivers anymore. i guess we XP users are *****ed up now :|

larkin
03-01-07, 05:55 PM
What happened to this monthly release business?

SOMETIME in the future they will switch to that schedule?

what crap..

banned1011
03-01-07, 06:37 PM
What happened to this monthly release business?

SOMETIME in the future they will switch to that schedule?

what crap..

Go back and read that announcement - they stated they will post monthly VISTA driver releases - nothing was said about XP.

banned1011
03-01-07, 06:38 PM
Ok can you please post some links to tell me XP is dead for nVidia. If this is the case I think I will be selling off this 8800GTS and nabbing nothing until we get R600. This is really bad since I don't give a **** about vista until that bug ridden piece of **** OS problems are resolved.

Just one driver. Wtf?

Post a link to what? Isn't it apparent.

Last release is -
Release Date: January 10, 2007

swaaye
03-01-07, 08:14 PM
They supported 9x and Me until like 2006. XP support can't possibly be dead. Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Mr Bigman
03-01-07, 08:31 PM
I wonder the same thing. Driver support needs to be a priority for XP cuz those who use XP don't want to start all over with something thats only been out a month or 2.

KickAssCop
03-01-07, 08:32 PM
They supported 9x and Me until like 2006. XP support can't possibly be dead. Where do you guys come up with this stuff?
I really want to believe this. Where is it said that they will drop the XP support. I am going nuts here for crying out loud.

banned1011
03-01-07, 08:35 PM
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=357

NVIDIA told me that they planning to start releasing a new version of their Forceware driver for Vista at least once every month. I say at least because Diercks said that if they find several game fixes or bugs that are substantial they may have intermittent releases as well to help appease the gaming masses. This move is very similar to the driver development cycle that ATIís Catalyst drivers have been in for a couple of years now, with updates about once a month. Having this type of regular schedule should help NVIDIA users feel more at ease about their purchases knowing that a fixed time length is ahead of them to await another software release that could address whatever issue that ails them.

See, nothing about monthly drivers for XP.

einstein_314
03-01-07, 08:39 PM
*sigh*

You'd have to be an idiot to think that they won't release drivers for XP. Sure Vista is the priority at the moment. Once they get half decent drivers for Vista out some of their focus will go back to XP.

banned1011
03-01-07, 08:48 PM
*sigh*

You'd have to be an idiot to think that they won't release drivers for XP. Sure Vista is the priority at the moment. Once they get half decent drivers for Vista out some of their focus will go back to XP.

I'm not saying they wont - but the monthly scheduled driver release only seems to apply for Vista.