PDA

View Full Version : 100.65 and Oblivion, HDR + AA working?

Pages : [1] 2

HitMaker
03-01-07, 04:21 PM
I cannot enable AA with HDR enable, its impossible, i am using nHander as i do under Windows XP with the same settings and everything exactly the same. But the AA doesnīt want to turn on!...

Anyone else with this "problem? :(

inSpirAcy
03-01-07, 05:23 PM
It's a known issue. From the driver release notes:

• NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing does not work with games that use high dynamic range (HDR) rendering, such as Oblivion and Rainbow Six Vegas.

NoWayDude
03-01-07, 06:58 PM
Have you tried Nhancer and the AA compatibility mode?

Dragunov
03-02-07, 06:41 AM
I hope Nvidia is gonna fix this :), maybe by using another kind of AA

stefan9
03-02-07, 02:59 PM
I hope Nvidia is gonna fix this :), maybe by using another kind of AA

They could also just make a patch for oblivion were the game actually correctly identifies the 8 series cards and allows you to enable both hdr and aa through the game config.

nekrosoft13
03-02-07, 03:35 PM
They could also just make a patch for oblivion were the game actually correctly identifies the 8 series cards and allows you to enable both hdr and aa through the game config.

bethesda, will only do that, if they will charge you money for it.

nothing is free from them

HitMaker
03-03-07, 01:08 PM
Have you tried Nhancer and the AA compatibility mode?

I had yes, it didnīt help :(

Dragunov
03-05-07, 04:38 PM

report it :)

Epyx
03-06-07, 03:50 PM
bethesda, will only do that, if they will charge you money for it.
nothing is free from them

If we consider the toolset they provide to the modding community which has allowed so many content/functionality and visual updates the $50 bucks it cost me to buy the game doesn't seem like much. Of course they have to charge for the odd thing, its how they pay their employees.

I know that when I load Oblivion today its 100 times the game it was on launch date and 80% of that is free content from the community, made possible by Bethesda.

I know you probably didn't mean it like they were Mc$crooge or anything..but Bethesda has always supported RPGs even during times when they weren't the "in" thing. Not only did they support RPGs but instead of coming out with cookie cutter versions of existing software they have always pushed the envelope.

With all of that said it would be nice if they re-allocate some of their limited resources to fixing some lingering bugs...like crash to desktop on exit (First reported in launch month..) etc.

Tho Jo Smale
03-14-07, 12:28 AM
I'm really enraged that I can't get AA and HDR to work in Bugblivion right now. I'm using the 101.41 drivers and the new spectacularly cool version of nHancer (which is teh coolest btw)

Anyays that's it....nothing constructive...just venting my rage.

If someone finds a fix that doesn't involve Winxp or a shotgun please post it up.

JC

Blacklash
03-14-07, 01:13 AM
I requested a patch on the official forums. If we could simply select AA + HDR from within the game it would likely work. The G80 has the capability to do it with np and handles the load with ease.

nekrosoft13
03-14-07, 01:44 AM
don't expect a second free patch from bethesda, oblivion is still a big bugfest and they do nothing about it

ArrowMk84
03-14-07, 08:28 AM
don't expect a second free patch from bethesda, oblivion is still a big bugfest and they do nothing about it

According the fan interview in the Shivering Isles second of the official forum, there is going to be a patch this month to fix some crashes. I just wish they gave a list of bugs they were going to fix.

Blacklash
03-14-07, 08:39 AM
This old article on the "chuck" patch is an interesting read:

http://www.elitebastards.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40

From the Hexus article linked from EB:

"On Friday, I spent a few hours studying the game's rendering path. Over the weekend I thought about how I could design an HDR+AA path for Oblivion without breaking other programs. On Monday, I wrote all the code and started testing it. I'd say about 12 hours total for designing and coding."

In the Hexus summary-

"It also makes you wonder why Beth have been hesitant to add it in, allocating the MSAA-able rendertarget and rendering into that, before copying (StretchRect after a global CheckDeviceFormatConversion maybe, to detect support by the driver) to copy to the bound texture before further sampling.

Having it an Xbox 360-only feature seems like the reasonable explanation, providing Bethesda weren't simply worried about performance overhead or rendertarget limitations."

Source:
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=5282&page=3

Dragunov
03-14-07, 10:51 AM
Chuck is now working for ATI and it seems the patch is in the drivers of ATI

I hope Bethesda fixes Oblivion in their next patch (gonna be released before the last expansion) or Nvidia knows a workaround for it

Blacklash
03-15-07, 05:21 AM
It depends on if they left it out to keep it exclusive to the Xbox or because they were concerned about performance overhead. One man was able to imagine and create a solution in 12 total hours. I realize that was for XP and that Vista drivers require much more work.

The more I think about it the more I feel I should have kept using XP media center edition 2005 and waited on Vista to mature. I haven't changed my hardware so I could drop MCE 2005 back on my rig and active with np.

I might miss aero and that's about it. I'd also get knocked down from 4GB memory to a total of 3.4GB because of the OS being 32bit.

Mr Fujisawa
03-20-07, 06:13 PM
phew, though it was just me that couldnt get AA and HDR to work in vista on my 8800gtx, hope someone finds a solution.

anyone found that STALKER has the same problem? though on that i cant get the in game AA to work (the game does use hdr though i hear)

Dragunov
03-20-07, 06:41 PM
I hope DX10 supports HDR+AA completely!!!

teazer84
04-07-07, 08:38 PM
I found the solution to enabling HDR + AA in oblivion on another website:

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t32414.html

Apparently u have to download the 101.70 driver (unofficial) then alter the oblivion.ini file in the [Display] section then look at iMultiSample and change the value, 2, 4, 8 etc. This forces the antialiasing level you choose.
I am using the 64-bit but u can download the 32-bit version of the 101.70 driver as well just google it.
I hope this helps, it definately did for me.
All credit goes to CrimsonKnight13

Cheers;)

My specs are:
Gigabyte Aroura 570 case
650 Watt Antec Trio PSU
Asus P5N32-sli-Premium 590
Intel core 2 duo E6600 2.4 ghz
Corsair 2X1Gb ddr2 667mhz
XFX 8800 GTX (stock speed) running 101.70 drivers
BenQ FP202W 20 inch LCD widescreen
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

RionikuAnjiru
04-08-07, 01:09 AM
I found the solution to enabling HDR + AA in oblivion on another website:

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t32414.html

Apparently u have to download the 101.70 driver (unofficial) then alter the oblivion.ini file in the [Display] section then look at iMultiSample and change the value, 2, 4, 8 etc. This forces the antialiasing level you choose.
I am using the 64-bit but u can download the 32-bit version of the 101.70 driver as well just google it.
I hope this helps, it definately did for me.
All credit goes to CrimsonKnight13

Cheers;)

My specs are:
Gigabyte Aroura 570 case
650 Watt Antec Trio PSU
Asus P5N32-sli-Premium 590
Intel core 2 duo E6600 2.4 ghz
Corsair 2X1Gb ddr2 667mhz
XFX 8800 GTX (stock speed) running 101.70 drivers
BenQ FP202W 20 inch LCD widescreen
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Did you ever knoooooow that you're my heroooooooooooooo!
You're everything I would like to beeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Seriously that fixed the problem for me. Thus, I love you. Have a kiss while I play.

Cheers!

HitMaker
04-08-07, 05:24 AM
You donīt have to do ANYTHING with de .ini file, just use nhancer and Oblivion profile with 101.7, its easy; by the way, there was an 101.7 Feedback thread where we said the HDR + AA is already fixed and working! ;)

I think if you modified the .ini maybe you loose the HDR and goes bloom instead of that.

badboy64
04-08-07, 09:20 AM
You donīt have to do ANYTHING with de .ini file, just use nhancer and Oblivion profile with 101.7, its easy; by the way, there was an 101.7 Feedback thread where we said the HDR + AA is already fixed and working! ;)

I think if you modified the .ini maybe you loose the HDR and goes bloom instead of that.
If I use enhancer then I get flashing spots on my character and Oblivion exits to the back saying it has stopped responding all of the time. :thumbdwn:

Seadogs
04-08-07, 10:05 AM
If I use enhancer then I get flashing spots on my character and Oblivion exits to the back saying it has stopped responding all of the time. :thumbdwn:

Hmm same here. Maybe we should play around with the nhancer settings? Your talking about those god awful white boxes right?

badboy64
04-08-07, 11:11 AM
Hmm same here. Maybe we should play around with the nhancer settings? Your talking about those god awful white boxes right?
It is flashing circles on my character. I get them with the 101.70 drivers too.

ArrowMk84
04-08-07, 03:21 PM

I get flashing white boxes on spell effects with AA+HDR on 101.70s.