PDA

View Full Version : Look MAA! :D (no 56k)

PeterJensen
03-02-07, 05:55 AM
weeee or should i say "wiiiiii" :captnkill:

http://ww.tagteam.dk/randompics/01032007014.jpg

http://ww.tagteam.dk/randompics/01032007015.jpg

http://ww.tagteam.dk/randompics/02032007018.jpg

Cant wait to get home from work now :afro:

PeterJensen
03-02-07, 06:04 AM
OMG this thing is so SMALL!!

NaitoSan
03-02-07, 07:18 AM
Hahaha congrats! :) Wii is a very fun console, be sure to check virtual console and expect to spend like $100 on games. ;)

brady
03-02-07, 08:00 AM
Those are the biggest photos of a wii I have every seen!

PeterJensen
03-02-07, 08:10 AM
hehe i went with a 2GB sd card for alle the stuff you can download :o

PeterJensen
03-02-07, 08:13 AM
what games to get?

Mr. Hunt
03-02-07, 08:17 AM
Check for me real quick... are your side panels (for Gamecube controller and memory cards) REALLY flimsy and kind of crappy? Mine are trash which sucks.

Namrok
03-02-07, 08:47 AM
hehe i went with a 2GB sd card for alle the stuff you can download :o

Sadly all the VC games have to be downloaded to the internal memory :( You can back them up to the memory card, but you can't play off them. Same goes for save games I believe. The memory card is really meant as a fun option for people with digital cameras I think than a legitimate storage option for Nintendo related files.

Zelda is awesome if you haven't gotten it already. Trauma Center is great too if you haven't played it on the DS. Red Steel is sort of a $20 game. Enjoyable, but not something you'd want to pay full price on. Raving Rabbids is awesome, but I got bored of it since so few of the games had simultaneous play. Excite Truck was awesome too, especially multiplayer, but there aren't a lot of tracks. Another $20 game there. Elebits I say pass on entirely. I got it for x-mas and it was really quite boring. It's like they wanted to cash in on the whole Katamari thing, but made the gameplay just slightly too complex for that sort of simple pleasure, but not complex enough to go for something more cerebral. Thats all off the top of my head. I have a sneaking suspicion there is a game I played that I've forgotten about...but if I can't even remember it that doesn't bode well for its quality either.

saturnotaku
03-02-07, 09:11 AM
The memory card is really meant as a fun option for people with digital cameras I think than a legitimate storage option for Nintendo related files.

I'm hoping Nintendo will release a software update that will allow play from an SD card, at least for NES and SNES titles. It's not as if they require a superfast machine to run them.

Zelda is awesome if you haven't gotten it already. Trauma Center is great too if you haven't played it on the DS. Red Steel is sort of a $20 game. Enjoyable, but not something you'd want to pay full price on. Raving Rabbids is awesome, but I got bored of it since so few of the games had simultaneous play. Excite Truck was awesome too, especially multiplayer, but there aren't a lot of tracks. Another $20 game there. Elebits I say pass on entirely. I got it for x-mas and it was really quite boring. It's like they wanted to cash in on the whole Katamari thing, but made the gameplay just slightly too complex for that sort of simple pleasure, but not complex enough to go for something more cerebral.

Elebits, Rayman, and Red Steel are all at least worth renting. For all its bugs, I actually enjoyed Red Steel quite a bit, though there's no replay value. I'm going to trade in my copy when I pick up MotorStorm next week. Wii Play is cool because, even though the games are shallow, you get the extra remote with it. WarioWare is cool, too, though the mulitplayer is not as robust as that of its GameCube counterpart. Super Swing Golf is all right. I was going to get it because one of the unlockables is a costume set to dress one of the characters up as Kasumi from Dead or Alive. But after reading through a GameFAQ guide, it's quite an arduous task to get there, so I'm going to trade that one in, too.

Do you have any GC titles? Make sure you at least pick up Resident Evil 4 and a Wavebird if you haven't.

PeterJensen
03-02-07, 10:13 AM
OMG YES Wavebird, will get that. I have now spent 30 mins with the Wii and OMG i live it.

PeterJensen
03-02-07, 10:13 AM
On the net with it now and downloading update :) Love that i can chill with the controller in the sofa :D