PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't i make the jump sooner!!!!

Grov
03-02-07, 02:47 PM
Heh, just installed myself an Albatron 8800GTX, and iam seriously impressed with it's performance. Ive tried a few games, and they look great and the frame rate is over double, from my X1800XT 512mb.

Gonna take some getting used to Nvidia, ive had ATI since X800XT PE days......

Are there any guides on the net, for drivers settings? I.E what settings are best for benching, and what for gaming (IQ)?

Oh i get about 9300 in 3dmark 06, is this normal? I was thinking of a CPU upgrade, but i think im gonna wait for K10 and see how that is, or new Conroe's, still life in this 4400+ i think.

Oh and i shall be leaving Rage3d now.:D

GeniusPr0
03-02-07, 05:01 PM
youre going to love the control panel. it owns Atis. congrats on the 8800gtx, with UT3 having its graphical upgrades i might be getting an unexpected upgrade :D

Redeemed
03-02-07, 05:19 PM
Heh, just installed myself an Albatron 8800GTX, and iam seriously impressed with it's performance. Ive tried a few games, and they look great and the frame rate is over double, from my X1800XT 512mb.

Gonna take some getting used to Nvidia, ive had ATI since X800XT PE days......

Are there any guides on the net, for drivers settings? I.E what settings are best for benching, and what for gaming (IQ)?

Oh i get about 9300 in 3dmark 06, is this normal? I was thinking of a CPU upgrade, but i think im gonna wait for K10 and see how that is, or new Conroe's, still life in this 4400+ i think.

Oh and i shall be leaving Rage3d now.:D

lol :lol:

Yeah, they are rather awesome cards. I've got dual GTSs (eVGA) and I love 'em. They chomp through everything I throw at 'em with ease. :D I'm playing FEAR at 1920x1440, 16xAA, 16xAF, GCAA, TAA, vsync+tb, and all in-game options maxed. Runs like a dream. :wonder:

You'll have a blast with your GTX. The driver control panel should be rather straight forward. Just make sure that you are using the latest drivers from nVidia's website- they are quite a bit better than the driver's that come with the cards (in most cases).

Anyhow, congrats! :thumbsup:

J-Mag
03-02-07, 05:45 PM
@ thread title: Maybe because you were listening to all the (AMD) ATI propaganda?

Rage 3d must be in a sad state of affairs with Nvidia bringing the whoop down.

Treason
03-02-07, 07:06 PM
@ thread title: Maybe because you were listening to all the (AMD) ATI propaganda?

Rage 3d must be in a sad state of affairs with Nvidia bringing the whoop down.

They have lost all their hardware reveiwers because it's no longer an ATi fansite.

J-Mag
03-02-07, 07:11 PM
it's no longer an ATi fansite.

Really? What is it now, general debauchery?

tweaked
03-02-07, 07:37 PM
thats what we are here for.

J-Mag
03-02-07, 07:40 PM
For the record, I'm currently at work running the soundboard for our local radio station (KLBC FM 106.3) and your above comment caused me to spew soda on a 8000 dollar studio sound board. Congratulations, you almost got me fired :D

I do what I can :)

Did you screw up the broadcast?

J-Mag
03-02-07, 07:50 PM
Nah, I'm pretty sure this board could be submerged in sulfuric acid and still work.

Only the 3rd or 4th time something I've seen/read has caused me to spew whatever I was drinking at the time. The last time I can remember was the first time I played Resident Evil 2, and a stupid zombie dog jumped through a window while I was taking a sip of tea.

Heh, well tea isn't nearly as bad as soda.

If I had unlimited cash flow I would fedex you one of these sweet babies:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8731/cop9148uw6.jpg (http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cop9148uw6.jpg)

Sneeze Guard FTW!

SLippe
03-02-07, 10:41 PM
For the record, I'm currently at work running the soundboard for our local radio station (KLBC FM 106.3) and your above comment caused me to spew soda on a 8000 dollar studio sound board. Congratulations, you almost got me fired :D
Classic. :p

Bowen
03-02-07, 11:17 PM
Classic. :p

I'm getting ready to upgrade to an eVGA GF 8800 GTX myself and then Step Up to a 8900 GTX if it's released in time. I was holding out for the R600 but now with the delay that AMD/ATi said could last until the end of June (which actually means June of '08 I believe...heh) and the new article at [H]ard|OCP http://hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjQ0MTcsLCxobmV3cywsLDE saying the R600 needs 300 watts just for the PSU....I'm fine with staying with Nvidia thank you very much!

Grov
03-03-07, 07:28 AM

Nah, i was waiting for the R600, but since it's been delayed again, i can't wait anymore.

Wow, Company of Heroes is sick, it's at least tripled my framerates.:captnkill: