PDA

View Full Version : The PS3 WILL reign supreme.

Pages : [1] 2 3

kevJ420
03-02-07, 03:44 PM
EDIT*** I meant for this to go in to the console part. I'm terribly sorry***

John Carmack, Scott Miller, and Tim Sweeney are all against the Wii. It has the worst graphics. John Carmack contains all of his own talent plus all of Shigeru Miyamoto's talent. Although Carmack favors the Xbox 360, he does have plans for the PS3. But he simply said he respects Nintendo and their idea to something new, but he simply has no plans for Wii development according to anand/daily tech.

Graphics, audio, gameplay, and features will eventually overpower the Wii.

I can guarantee you if the PS3 60GB sold for $100-170 less, then the Wii would be the ones sitting on the shelf and Nintendo would be out of the console market. People look at the numbers too much and not the logic behind Sony's pricing, and not at the greed of Nintendo's pricing.

Finally, people like the idea of emulated backwards compatibility better than hardware backwards compatibility (not me so much w/ PCs, but I agree that for consoles it would be better as long as effort was put into it.)

|MaguS|
03-02-07, 03:59 PM
Carmack has no talent in game design, Miyamoto would take him to school.

stevemedes
03-02-07, 04:01 PM

I wouldn't say he has no talent. But Miyamoto is the sh*t. I mean, Ocarina Of Time. Thats all i gotta say.

SebC
03-02-07, 04:07 PM
M$ has billions of dollars up their sleeves... they can keep on showering their console with cash, and if they do, I think they will buy out any games from being exclusive to ps3 and also always be adding things for their console. I don't think Sony has the resources for this.

I have got all 3 consoles and a 40" HD Samsung, and yes I do see your point about the Wii though; and even worse, the pointer is not as good for aiming as one would think. PS3 is a year behind X360; even more in Europe- and with few good games. It will be hard for Sony to catch up. I think if Sony starts making good decisions it will have a much better chance of becoming #1. Adding rumble back for eg, and also getting killer aps.

Marvel_us
03-02-07, 04:11 PM
Didn't they lock a thread similar to this earlier this week?

Time to lock again.

jAkUp
03-02-07, 04:25 PM

Carmack is not a "game designer" he is a technical designer.

saturnotaku
03-02-07, 04:42 PM
I can guarantee you if the PS3 60GB sold for $100-170 less, then the Wii would be the ones sitting on the shelf and Nintendo would be out of the console market. People look at the numbers too much and not the logic behind Sony's pricing, and not at the greed of Nintendo's pricing.

But the PS3 doesn't sell for that price, so your entire post is meaningless - pretty much the same as every other post you've made on this forum.

Finally, people like the idea of emulated backwards compatibility better than hardware backwards compatibility

People? What people? Whose people? Emulation sucks. Playing PS2 games on my PS3 is fantastic because the hardware is right there. Playing Xbox 1 games on my 360 can be an exercise in pain because of audio and video glitches. I applaud Microsoft for being able to write the emulators to make original Xbox games backward compatible, but there's a long, long way to go before emulation of old games is really viable.

Quickstar
03-02-07, 05:05 PM
and even worse, the pointer is not as good for aiming as one would think.

That's what I've been hearing. I heard it doesn't mimick your movements exactly. Like, you can just flick your wrist for most of the control schemes.

Quickstar
03-02-07, 06:43 PM
HAhah, i stumble upon this video and i thought it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJElsNaC6yQ

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer!

Toss3
03-02-07, 06:50 PM
But the PS3 doesn't sell for that price, so your entire post is meaningless - pretty much the same as every other post you've made on this forum.

People? What people? Whose people? Emulation sucks. Playing PS2 games on my PS3 is fantastic because the hardware is right there. Playing Xbox 1 games on my 360 can be an exercise in pain because of audio and video glitches. I applaud Microsoft for being able to write the emulators to make original Xbox games backward compatible, but there's a long, long way to go before emulation of old games is really viable.
I thought they changed how the backwards compatibility works on the EU-consoles?(from hardware to emulation!)

We're seriously getting butt-****ed by sony here; no 20Gb model, 670 price tag, half-a-year later than everyone else and ****ed up backwards compatibility! :thumbdwn:

I want the ps3 to be successful, but these r'tards at sony just keep screwing with us! :headexplode:

PeterJensen
03-02-07, 06:51 PM
the Wii ph0wnz the PS3

Marvel_us
03-02-07, 06:54 PM
I thought they changed how the backwards compatibility works on the EU-consoles?(from hardware to emulation!)

We're seriously getting butt-****ed by sony here; no 20Gb model, 670 price tag, half-a-year later than everyone else and ****ed up backwards compatibility! :thumbdwn:

I want the ps3 to be successful, but these r'tards at sony just keep screwing with us! :headexplode:

Maybe you didn't get the memo but Phil Harrison announced yesterday that PS1 BC should be the same on all PS3s while PS2 BC is currently a little above 1000 games and counting. I wouldn't really call that f'ed up. Especially since I think the option to upscale to HD will be available for UK.

kevJ420
03-02-07, 06:58 PM

Terribly sorry. I should have mentioned who it was. The people on dailytech's forum were in favor of it.

You're right about emulation. I still have my reg. Xbox sitting next to my 360, b/c the 360's backwards compatibility does suck. I knew it would before I bought the 360. I've been thinking, "what the hell do I do when my reg. Xbox dies?" I worry about that frequently actually.

The PS3 does not have all of the processors the PS2 had. It's missing the
SPU2, but that's not quite as important as it would have been a long time ago. Games don't have as good of music as they did in the 16/32 bit era.

toxikneedle
03-02-07, 07:04 PM
Oh please, backwards compatability for Xbox is pointless. I'm glad MS did it the way they did do it. How many original Xbox games are there that are really worth going back to that often? And any game worth going back to is pretty much on the BC list by now. PS2 on the other hand, has like 10 billion games... and plenty that people would want to go back to, not mention games still coming (GOW2).

So do you honestly worry that much about your original Xbox and all the "great" games you won't be able to play anymore.

kevJ420
03-02-07, 07:09 PM

In Masters of Doom by David Kushner, Carmack more or less reprogrammed SMB3 (in 90, which was right around the time it was released) before he and all the others started id (91). Carmack may not be a game designer, but if he tried it, then he would be just as good as Miyamoto at it, I think. But that's just my opinion.

PeterJensen
03-02-07, 07:35 PM
The above statement was made by a wiitard and may be disregarded ;)

Just messing with you PJ, when you venture into these forums you should always wear your flameretardant bodysuit.

Yea :) I just love my my wii right now :p I have my "wii" moment :cool:

PeterJensen
03-02-07, 08:11 PM
Excellent, then we'll get along in a fantastic manner.

Just because I flame the Wii right now, doesn't mean I won't buy one before long ;)

Heh i was just the same way :) "I HAVE MY X360 AND I WILL NEVER BUY A WII" Untill yesterday, and i LOVE THE DAMN THING. It is one of the best consoles i have EVER played.

PeterJensen
03-02-07, 08:13 PM
I mean, me and and 3 friends have NEVER had so much fun with a game then with the Wii. Vodka shots and Wii sports? What more do you need? God damn!

Buenamos
03-02-07, 08:42 PM
I mean, me and and 3 friends have NEVER had so much fun with a game then with the Wii. Vodka shots and Wii sports? What more do you need? God damn!

bud :smoking2:

S.I.N
03-02-07, 08:43 PM
Were you all playing naked?

buffbiff21
03-03-07, 05:44 AM
I wouldn't say he has no talent. But Miyamoto is the sh*t. I mean, Ocarina Of Time. Thats all i gotta say.

qft

H3avyM3tal
03-03-07, 05:57 AM

Girls. That would be nice, I think.

saturnotaku
03-03-07, 08:03 AM
How many original Xbox games are there that are really worth going back to that often? And any game worth going back to is pretty much on the BC list by now.

For me, there are exactly four games: Halo, Halo 2, Shenmue 2, and the original Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. The first three are playable on the 360, and the last should be coming soon, as Dead or Alive: Ultimate is compatible and uses the same engine as DOAX. Most everything else that was playable on the original Xbox is either on the list, or it came out for the PS2.

Zelda_fan
03-03-07, 09:23 AM
EDIT*** I meant for this to go in to the console part. I'm terribly sorry***

John Carmack, Scott Miller, and Tim Sweeney are all against the Wii. It has the worst graphics. John Carmack contains all of his own talent plus all of Shigeru Miyamoto's talent. Although Carmack favors the Xbox 360, he does have plans for the PS3. But he simply said he respects Nintendo and their idea to something new, but he simply has no plans for Wii development according to anand/daily tech.

Graphics, audio, gameplay, and features will eventually overpower the Wii.

Finally, people like the idea of emulated backwards compatibility better than hardware backwards compatibility (not me so much w/ PCs, but I agree that for consoles it would be better as long as effort was put into it.)

lol when you decide to finally give yourself a dose of reality come and maybe I'll talk to you.

H3avyM3tal
03-03-07, 10:31 AM
lol when you decide to finally give yourself a dose of reality come and maybe I'll talk to you.

You give yourself waaaay too much credit zelda_fan...