PDA

View Full Version : 101.41 Broken DX10 - report

MaxyPads
03-02-07, 11:55 PM
There's another strange problem encountered:

I cannot play any AVI, MPG, WMV (HD) files, quicktime files (both regular and HD)! They play, but the video is now BLANK! Anyone else having the same issues?

seriously considering going back to 100.65 until this issue is fixed...basically cannot play any video file!

(topic was changed from "broken DX10")...

jAkUp
03-02-07, 11:55 PM
Hmmm... cascades runs great here...

lowdog
03-03-07, 12:42 AM
Cascades works ok for me.

DRen72
03-03-07, 01:55 AM
First thing I did was run Splinter Cell Double Agent after installing these. I'm up to level 3 already...no crashes.

Lfctony
03-03-07, 02:05 AM
Cascades runs fine here as well, it must be something with your setup mate. Try unistalling the drivers and putting them back on.

MaxyPads
03-03-07, 02:50 AM
Sorry guys, my fault here

I had to reboot a few times and one final time into vista safe mode...then rebooted back out normally. The cascades demo works (and seems like it's better performance with 101.41 than 100.65!!)...

booted up SCDA and the game runs and seems like an improvement AGAIN!

Dragunov
03-03-07, 07:54 AM
There's another strange problem encountered:

I cannot play any AVI, MPG, WMV (HD) files, quicktime files (both regular and HD)! They play, but the video is now BLANK! Anyone else having the same issues?

seriously considering going back to 100.65 until this issue is fixed...basically cannot play any video file!

(topic was changed from "broken DX10")...

no problems here :)

lumpyhed
03-03-07, 08:48 AM
Give Videolan (free) with the opengl output a try. Watching HD captures as i type with it. :p

MaxyPads
03-03-07, 02:13 PM
Edit:

I just reinstalled the drivers - EVERYTHING WORKED FINE (the items I was complaining about). Here's how I did it and what's different:
I DID NOT BOOT INTO SAFE MODE - TO UNINSTALL 100.65 DRIVERS...ALL I DID WAS DOUBLE CLICK THE 101.41 EXE LET IT EXTRACT AND RUN. It fixed everything. Before, I could not even see the adjustment panels inside the video/television controls...now it's there and all the videos play back as well! fixed!

Dazz
03-04-07, 12:03 PM
AVI, MPG, WMV files work for me HD is slow and Quicktime crashes with buffer overrun errors 10 seconds into the video.

Dragunov
03-04-07, 02:00 PM
Quicktime doesn't work yet on Vista according to several reports, tried quicktime myself today, got a crash, so did a search and got those reports

J-Mag
03-04-07, 02:04 PM
Quicktime doesn't work yet on Vista according to several reports, tried quicktime myself today, got a crash, so did a search and got those reports

HAHAH! I wonder if this was subconciously intentional.

Dragunov
03-04-07, 02:10 PM
well Apple says to its users, they still need to wait to install Vista, they are busy, together with MS, to update quicktime, Itunes, those airport stuff and several other programs to run on Vista

Dazz
03-07-07, 06:37 AM
They have had over a year of public beta to get them out the door.

nekrosoft13
03-07-07, 06:43 AM

haha, my quicktime ALTERNATIVE! works fine, and with coreavc and coreaac i can run 1080p trailers with hardware acceleration. not like that stuttering crashing piece of **** that apple tries to write.

Electronic Punk
03-07-07, 06:58 AM
Quicktime and Vista are working fine for me.

Apple are obviously hesistant cos they are so damn perfect and don't want to ruin there image.

Or something.

AdamK47
03-07-07, 10:36 AM
Quicktime and Vista are working fine for me.

Apple are obviously hesistant cos they are so damn perfect and don't want to ruin there image.

Or something.

It's amazing when I read something like this. It's very hard to understand how Mac fans see Apple this way.