PDA

View Full Version : Which 7 or 8 series owners here are using Vista?

Maverickman
03-04-07, 11:24 AM
I'm tempted to put Vista Home Premium on my main computer, but I' resisiting the temptation for three main reasons: first, there's still no DV with the Vista 8800 drivers; second, there's no way to overclock the GPU or memory; and third, some games are still noticeably slower with Vista. I did upgrade one of my other systems, and I really like Vista. Like all of you, I just can't wait for Nvidia to put out some capable Vista drivers.

How many of you have gone to Vista?

CaptNKILL
03-04-07, 11:31 AM
Well, I am, but I think you'll get a better idea of how many people are using Vista if you check out the Vista forum or the Vista sub-forum under the drivers forum. There are a lot, and I'm guessing 90% of them are using 7 or 8 series cards.

Dazz
03-04-07, 12:41 PM
I use Vista on my 8800GTX crashes alot while playing games, with your display driver has recovered. Need to restart the PC before i can play games :( doesn't happen all the time but is very annoying. Also you can overclock in VISTA with ATi tools. no SLi support for 8800 range cards mind. Most games i play are fine in Vista.

grey_1
03-04-07, 01:01 PM
So far Vista 32bit is very sweet with the exception of gaming for me. It won't be my primary/sole OS for quite a while yet though

Lfctony
03-04-07, 02:06 PM
Vista x64 here. No visible performance problems.

L33t Masta
03-04-07, 03:01 PM
Well I use Home Premium 32bit on my main gaming machine (in my sig) and SupCom works fine other than a crash here and there, with the drivers released on the 2nd SupCom never crashes, CSS doesn't have the fog issue and it's become noticably stable and even provided an FPS boost in CSS (30+ FPS for a total of 200+ some times. SOurce games crash alot, older ones crash sometimes, compatibility is very nice. Oncve some compatibility patches get released it will all be cool.

spaceigg
03-04-07, 03:11 PM
Vista Ultimate... the only game I've tried is Fear and it works just fine.
as far as vista as OS is ok. looks good its a change from the old boring XP

I am still gaming mainly in XP because I had all my games installed in XP so I am dual booting.:alc:

Burnt_Ram
03-04-07, 03:16 PM
i'm dual booting XP and Vista aswell. sofar i'm not to impressed with Vista gaming, but time will sort things out i think ...

as for Vista as an operating system, i like it better than XP.

dual boot is your friend! XP for gaming, and Vista for playing around with *for now*

top3koms
03-04-07, 03:23 PM
I dual boot with Vista Ultimate 64 bit and WinXp 32bit.I have been running in Vista mostly lately and have just been playing Prey and Quake 4.

Bman212121
03-04-07, 03:27 PM
I'm using Vista Ultimate 32 bit and an 8800gtx. I haven't had any real problems that I can think of, and performance isn't noticably bad either. I don't play really close attention to the numbers, as long as I can vsync at 60 I'm happy. Games I have installed are UT2003, C&C 3 Demo, Supreme Commander, COD2, and COH.

I have a quad boot setup, but I really haven't felt the need to even go into xp other than the damn UAC.

jAkUp
03-04-07, 04:26 PM
I use Vista x64 as my one and only O.S.