PDA

View Full Version : I need some start-of-game saves for my Jap PS3

SebC
03-04-07, 03:15 PM
I have a Japanese PS3; as some may know Japanese PS3s sensor gory stuff like blood etc. There's a workaround though - download saves from US consoles. I wonder could someone here post up a save game from the very the first save in Call of Duty 3 and Resistance: Fall of Man, preferably on Hard mode. I'd be very greatful :D

|MaguS|
03-04-07, 03:40 PM
Japanese don't censor gore, not that I know of. I have plenty of Japanese titles that are just full of gore, only country I knew that censored gore was Germany.

EDIT: It also shouldn't matter aswell considering the system is multi regional meaing you could just play the game from another country that released an uncensored version. The console itself does not censor the game, its the actual game.

So just buy the US version of Call of Duty 3.

SebC
03-04-07, 03:58 PM
http://ps3.qj.net/Tip-You-can-evade-the-censors-for-RFoM/pg/49/aid/75249

|MaguS|
03-04-07, 04:59 PM
http://ps3.qj.net/Tip-You-can-evade-the-censors-for-RFoM/pg/49/aid/75249

I've never heard of such a limitation before, usually its the gore removed from the regions release. Have you tried playing a US copy of RFOM? The game doesn't have that much gore in it to begin with. They probably had to block some blood due to a difference in the rating system in Japan, meaning they would have been rated higher then they currently are rated.

SebC
03-04-07, 04:59 PM
@COD3: Ok just realised it does seem to have the blood effects, so the censorship doesn't effect this game.

For Resistance though there is absolutely no gore, except for 2D splatters on the screen when you get hit :) So that would be great Butter Bandit! I should have my network adapter tomorrow (if Royal Mail doesn't screw me again) so we'll do it then :)

Edit: Nvm, I got a save from a site on the intranet and there's now blood. Not the best blood effects.. but meh :/

GamerGuyX
03-04-07, 06:57 PM
This whole thread seems like the dumbest thing in the world.

Bad_Boy
03-04-07, 07:26 PM
Yup, resistance is the only game (so far I have heard) that limits the gore. IIRC they took out the hero moments and gore because the ratings in japan did not agree with it. Which is odd since gears of war and god of war are much more gory imo.

A US gamesave should fix it.