PDA

View Full Version : Media Player "Save As..." for MP3's is greyed out.

DRen72
03-05-07, 07:52 AM
In Vista 32-Ultimate the "Save As..." in my Media Player has recently become greyed out for MP3's. I can save any other type of file (sound and video) but not an MP3. This started happening a few days ago. I could save MP3's fine before. I've Googled the issue and can't find a solution to the problem. Anyone around here ever had this issue or have any suggestions?

btw..I've checked the MP3 codec and its installed fine.

nekrosoft13
03-05-07, 08:31 AM
wait? you installed a seperate mp3 codec? why? vista has its own codec. remove what ever mp3 codec you isntalled.

and if you use any of those stupid codec packs also remove it

DRen72
03-05-07, 10:38 AM
wait? you installed a seperate mp3 codec? why? vista has its own codec. remove what ever mp3 codec you isntalled.

and if you use any of those stupid codec packs also remove it

Nope. No separate Codec for MP3's installed here. I did install a Codec pack for DivX, but that was weeks ago and I've saved MP3's since then. Suddenly the other day I could not save MP3's anymore. I thought it was the codec but MSINFO32 reports it as being ok. I'm stumped with this one and when it comes to PC stuff, little stumps me.

DRen72
03-06-07, 02:34 PM
So nobody has ever had this happen? Odd.

DRen72
03-07-07, 08:07 AM
Get this, for kicks because I still have XP installed, I formatted my Vista partition and reinstalled it last night. I still cannot save an MP3!!! I have no clue what has happened. All my MP3's "Save As..." opition is greyed out. I can save any other file type, just not an MP3. This is driving me nuts.

nekrosoft13
03-07-07, 08:18 AM
can you post screenshot or something? because i'm still trying to understand what are you doing.

DRen72
03-07-07, 10:20 AM
You know how you can play an MP3 in Media Player and then click File, "Save As.." to save the file somewhere? I'm just trying to simply save the MP3, except the option where it says "Save As..." is greyed out and it won't let me save them. Apparently this is a problem what is not easy to fix. I thought reinstalling Vista would have fixed it. I'm completely stumped.

DRen72
03-08-07, 01:05 PM
Microsoft tech support is telling me that they have reproduced this "bug" in their lab computers recently but they could not offer an explaination. Is anyone running XP and Vista (dual booting) able to save MP3 files?