PDA

View Full Version : Video output problems. Need help.

Tuork
03-05-07, 10:15 PM
Hello all. Here's the situation:

Every so often my computer starts to act up and I get these weird artifacts on screen. I lose image for 1 or 2 seconds and then everything goes back to normal.

It is not the monitor seeing as I have my X360 plugged into the VGA port and this has not happened ONCE whilst playing.

I don't think it's the video card since I had this issue before I swapped my previous 6800gt with the one I have now (both BFG).

Could it be the AGP port dying on me?
Could it be a faulty DVI port on my monitor? (using both ports, as mentioned)
Could it be faulty drivers?

any suggestions are welcome. :)

mullet
03-06-07, 01:24 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of sloppy AGP slot. I use to get this a lot, just remove the card and stick back in with a solid feel, when you put the screw back in tighten it and the back off like a tiny tiny bit so the card isn't twisted. Good luck. ;)

Tuork
03-06-07, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of sloppy AGP slot. I use to get this a lot, just remove the card and stick back in with a solid feel, when you put the screw back in tighten it and the back off like a tiny tiny bit so the card isn't twisted. Good luck. ;)
Hmm, that's exactly what I thought it was. It also doesn't help that my case is a generic crap that doesn't quite lock the video card properly.

Will do as suggested once I get home.

Thanks!

EDIT: Yet another reason to upgrade! :)