PDA

View Full Version : Good bye Vista

XP_GUN
03-05-07, 11:29 PM
Well for my laptop that is, I was trying out Vista on it before buying myself another copy of Vista for it. Well didnít like what was happening. :(

First off my laptop is little more than a year old from Dell and ran Vista well, but... Intel never and might not ever make a driver for their Intel 915GM Graphics Card "since I guess itís not a DX9 chip or something". So basically Aero didnít work, I couldnít use Movie Maker and my games would not work.

Second my college is lacking behind tech, I went to there IT department with the problem that I couldnít log onto the internet and couldnít get a hold of any of them, "I can connect but you have to log in using your ID to surf". Well after 4 weeks I just gave up. Itís really sad too because I know allot of guys that just got laptops with Vista on them and canít even use the wifi internet.

Not saying that I wonít return to Vista on my laptop but I really didnít see a need to be using it right now. :)

jAkUp
03-05-07, 11:32 PM
Well for my laptop that is, I was trying out Vista on it before buying myself another copy of Vista for it. Well didnít like what was happening. :(

First off my laptop is little more than a year old from Dell and ran Vista well, but... Intel never and might not ever make a driver for their Intel 915GM Graphics Card "since I guess itís not a DX9 chip or something". So basically Aero didnít work, I couldnít use Movie Maker and my games would not work.

Second my college is lacking behind tech, I went to there IT department with the problem that I couldnít log onto the internet and couldnít get a hold of any of them, "I can connect but you have to log in using your ID to surf". Well after 4 weeks I just gave up. Itís really sad too because I know allot of guys that just got laptops with Vista on them and canít even use the wifi internet.

Not saying that I wonít return to Vista on my laptop but I really didnít see a need to be using it right now. :)

I had a problem with my wireless connection on my notebook also, but found out that Vista was trying to run it in low power mode... once I disabled that it worked great :)

XP_GUN
03-05-07, 11:39 PM
Hmmm I dont know what it was, I could connect great at home but at the college I guess there servers didnt like Windows Vista so when I would connect up to it, it would not let me login or surf the net.

nekrosoft13
03-05-07, 11:42 PM
i was testing vista RTM on my notebook with my atheros super G mini-pci adapter and it was working great, no disconnects