PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer Renegade 2 In the Works?

SH64
03-06-07, 02:12 AM
w00t!!!11 :eek: & using the CryEngine 2 !!
In a recent internal meeting at EALA on February 23rd, 2007, it was announced to the project team leaders of all EALA projects that the Crysis engine would be moving in-house in the very near future. Speculation began to arise internally about a Command and Conquer Renegade sequel seeing that the EALA studio is primarily known for RTS titles and Crysis is a next generation FPS engine. After discussing this with an EALA employee who wishes to not be named, it was stated that there is an extremely high chance that Electronic Arts’ LA studio will be developing a new FPS Command and Conquer title for the PC. It is not known if the title will be a true sequel to Renegade or a new stand alone IP however EA is very serious about exploring the options of the Crysis engine with current IPs. Stay tuned as we get more information.
http://www.mediafeet.com/2007/03/03/crysis-goes-in-house-at-eala/

jAkUp
03-06-07, 02:33 AM
Nice! Glad Cryengine 2 is getting some use :D

stncttr908
03-06-07, 03:30 AM
Renegade was a pretty fun game. Granted it would have sucked without the C&C universe as a basis, but whatever.

Bman212121
03-06-07, 04:45 AM
I couldn't play renegades because it makes me want to hurl, but maybe this game will be playable.

crainger
03-06-07, 04:58 AM
I like this news very much. I loved the first game and the CryEngine2 will suit the game perfectly. Good to see it getting some use, unlike the first version.

AthlonXP1800
03-06-07, 05:41 AM
Fantastic, look forward to play C&C Renegade 2, well I never completed the first one, my nephew still got it, I will ask him to return it so I can complete it. :D

K007
03-06-07, 07:33 AM
Renegade was fun. Online was fun too ><. Sounds great too..i just hope if it does happend..its done well..and not another Crysis memory lane run -.-

CaptNKILL
03-06-07, 07:47 AM
Sweet. :)

Renegade was pretty fun though I mostly just played the multiplayer at the time, I don't think I ever beat the single player campaign. It had a very unique look and feel and it didn't play like any other first person shooter.

Very original.

rudedog
03-06-07, 08:35 AM
While I was just at EA LA last week there where several rumors floating around about this.

I'm also looking forward to CCR and if they do use the crisis engine, double woot!

WeReWoLf
03-06-07, 09:05 AM
Renegade was so much fun, lookin forward to this.

"Congrats kids... We now rank as a nuclear threat..."

Shamrock
03-06-07, 10:24 PM
I liked the first one online...but the community dropped like a hot potato

NaitoSan
03-06-07, 11:41 PM
Nice, I know my brother has finished this game. I was looking around and found several pictures from Renegade 2 before it got canned.

I'm looking forward to the sequel, especially CryEngine 2 being used.

Old Renegade 2 pictures before it got canned:
http://redalert3.net.ru/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=133

Madpistol
03-07-07, 01:04 AM
the original C & C Renegade was pretty fun. However, I picked up Medal of Honor: Allied Assault shortly after, and MOHAA was far superior to Renegade graphically, in multiplayer, and in storyline. Hopefully, this Renegade will be better.

Abraxus#
03-07-07, 12:29 PM
All the reviews said Renegade was a pile of S***e comparable to Daikatana, so I didn't buy it, I thought it looked good though.

BliNkEr]
03-07-07, 03:49 PM
Wow CryEngine2!
Could be very nice!

Destroy
03-07-07, 04:16 PM
This is good news if they get it right, and I'm not betting they'll get it right. :( Cry2 or not, sucky, barely average game number 2 on the way folks.