PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime 3 controller choice?

Pages : [1] 2

kevJ420
03-06-07, 01:45 PM
I wanted peoples' thoughts about if they would be satisfied or completely pissed off or somewhere inbetween if the old-school (VC) controller can't be used?

Myself, I will be pissed off actually. I think the VC controller is the one that's the best controller of all time (or one of them.)

It also wouldn't be Metroid w/ the new (wii-mote) controller, in my opinion.

Or do people think that it wouldn't be like the Wii if the new controller is used?

There's no reason they shouldn't allow the use of the VC controller with all games. It can only help Nintendo and other people if they offered the choice for both in my opinion.

I hope this thread isn't too stupid. I thought maybe it would be interesting, and also let me know if my opinion is popular or retarded.

|MaguS|
03-06-07, 01:47 PM
It wont be an option, Wii games need the Wii controller or well then the System loses its selling point.

Oh and this is a stupid thread...

kevJ420
03-06-07, 02:10 PM
I guess my next thread is even dumber. sorry about that. I just thought maybe some people would think they're good ideas.

Anyways, I guess people people see it more so as it wouldn't be wii, rather than it wouldn't be metroid.

I guess I'm wrong, but I had thought they hadn't confirmed yet whether or not there would be a choice.

|MaguS|
03-06-07, 02:12 PM
There will never be a choice, the Wiimote is part of the console and its experiance, remove that and you remove the reason to even own the console. It's not like it can compete with the X360 and PS3 on a graphical level. It's advantage is the unique control scheme.

nemecb
03-06-07, 02:15 PM
Oh and this is a stupid thread...
Impossible! He knows exactly what Nintendo should be doing and if they would listen to him their console would be selling like hotcakes...oh right, it already is. Never mind.

saturnotaku
03-06-07, 02:20 PM
I guess my next thread is even dumber. sorry about that. I just thought maybe some people would think they're good ideas.

You suck at the Internet. Find a new hobby.

kevJ420
03-06-07, 02:30 PM
Impossible! He knows exactly what Nintendo should be doing and if they would listen to him their console would be selling like hotcakes...oh right, it already is. Never mind.

It's selling like hotcakes, so my idea is just to please everyone , especially when it's such a long running series like Metroid.

But even then, I'd might not be pleased until Nintendo lowers the price to no higher than $149.99. Or even better, they make a new system that will be as impressive as the Super NES was for its time and price it however high they want, if it's powerful.

The PS3's price is higher, but it's justified.

Madpistol
03-06-07, 05:29 PM
It's selling like hotcakes, so my idea is just to please everyone , especially when it's such a long running series like Metroid.

But even then, I'd might not be pleased until Nintendo lowers the price to no higher than $149.99. Or even better, they make a new system that will be as impressive as the Super NES was for its time and price it however high they want, if it's powerful.

The PS3's price is higher, but it's justified.

ok, $149.99 at this point in the consoles life would be a net loss of money this early in the Wii's sales. Every game series I've ever known has either evolved into popular formats, or it has died due to stale ideas.

And the PS3's price point ISN'T justified. Have you checked current reviews? it looks as good as, if not WORSE than the Xbox360, and the premium Xbox360 sells for $200 LESS than the PS3. Sony screwed up. No question about it.

BTW, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 echos were massive hits on the Gamecube, and they wern't side scrolling shooters. I guess Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing... :rolleyes:

|MaguS|
03-06-07, 05:36 PM
And the PS3's price point ISN'T justified. Have you checked current reviews? it looks as good as, if not WORSE than the Xbox360, and the premium Xbox360 sells for $200 LESS than the PS3. Sony screwed up. No question about it.

$100 less, Premium X360 is $399, Core PS3 is $499. As for Sony screwing up, I don't believe they are. I have been playing more PS3 then X360 lately and will continue too untill the drought of X360 games stops.

saturnotaku
03-06-07, 06:19 PM
$100 less, Premium X360 is $399, Core PS3 is $499.

I challenge you to find a 20 GB PS3 on retail shelves at this very moment.

|MaguS|
03-06-07, 06:26 PM
I challenge you to find a 20 GB PS3 on retail shelves at this very moment.

Pfft in my area PS3s are still rare, im sure evilchris can find some...

kevJ420
03-06-07, 06:29 PM
ok, $149.99 at this point in the consoles life would be a net loss of money this early in the Wii's sales. Every game series I've ever known has either evolved into popular formats, or it has died due to stale ideas.

BTW, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 echos were massive hits on the Gamecube, and they wern't side scrolling shooters. I guess Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing... :rolleyes:

By saying "justified" I meant that the PlayStation 3 costs more to make than what it sells for and Sony is taking a huge loss. Meanwhile, Nintendo is selling something vastly underpowered for $250 and making a ~$90 profit from it. They could at least give the people at Foxconn more for labor if they're going to make a profit that big from it. And if they don't, then I personally think Nintendo doesn't deserve a profit if Sony loses a large amount of money from each PS3 sold.

Zelda_fan
03-06-07, 08:21 PM
The whole point of the Wii is to play games in a new, innovative way. It would be idiotic if they released Metroid 3 with virtual console controls.

saturnotaku
03-06-07, 08:46 PM
Pfft in my area PS3s are still rare

Probably because the retailers in your area aren't re-ordering since they're so slow to move. Within 5 miles of my office there are (all 60 GB): 33 at Best Buy (still), 3 at Target, and 3 at Wal-Mart. All Gamestop/EB stores have at least one, though most have 2-3.

saturnotaku
03-06-07, 08:47 PM
And if they don't, then I personally think Nintendo doesn't deserve a profit if Sony loses a large amount of money from each PS3 sold.

You're not just retarded; you're retarded and a communist. Very dangerous.

nemecb
03-06-07, 08:48 PM
And if they don't, then I personally think Nintendo doesn't deserve a profit if Sony loses a large amount of money from each PS3 sold.
What? The fact that Sony was stupid and is hemorrhaging cash right now means that Nintendo should be too? Nintendo's business model, purely from a business standpoint, is better than either Microsoft or Sony's and that's why they're still in business. They don't have a sugar-daddy multi-billion dollar corporation to absorb losses on all of their consoles.

And they're not making $90 on each console either. I think it costs them a little under $200 to build, and then there's retail markup so in reality they're probably making less than $50 a console.

NaitoSan
03-07-07, 12:01 AM
It'll be STUPID for Nintendo not to use Wii-mote for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Hell, one of Wii's major features is Wii-mote. So, this thread is... well sorta of dumb. I'm sorry but it really is. :(

I don't see how retro controller will work or behave as good as Wii-mote for this game... beside it'll require more time to include alternate control scheme. Remember, MP3:C is built with mind for Wii-mote otherwise MP3:C would be already released for Gamecube.

Madpistol
03-07-07, 12:48 AM
Wait.... let me get this straight.

Nintendo is selling the Wii @ $250 per console. They are not only making a small profit per system sold, but they are selling like crazy.

Sony is selling the PS3 @ $499 and $599 depending on the version. They are losing money per system sold, and aren't selling nearly as quickly as the Wii.

by what you're saying kevpla1, since sony is losing money, nintendo should be losing money too? REALLY??? I thought the object of a company was to MAKE money, not LOSE it.

Sorry, but in this scenario, Nintendo is the smart one. Sony screwed up.

Like the saying goes, "To the victor goes the spoils." In the business world, spoils are handed out in the form of profit.

kevJ420
03-07-07, 11:30 AM
You're not just retarded; you're retarded and a communist. Very dangerous.

You're right. A libertarian, like myself, shouldn't be thinking that.

kevJ420
03-07-07, 11:38 AM
It'll be STUPID for Nintendo not to use Wii-mote for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Hell, one of Wii's major features is Wii-mote. So, this thread is... well sorta of dumb. I'm sorry but it really is. :(

I don't see how retro controller will work or behave as good as Wii-mote for this game... beside it'll require more time to include alternate control scheme. Remember, MP3:C is built with mind for Wii-mote otherwise MP3:C would be already released for Gamecube.

I always knew and expected Nintendo to use the Wii-mote. I just thought maybe they could give you a choice to use the VC controller.

But now I know that it's unpopular (and dumb) to allow the use of the VC controller. I wasn't sure of other's opinions about this, so that's why I asked. I'm interested in what you and everyone else has to say.

Keep in mind that the VC controller actually would work better than a GC controller. It's kind of like a Super NES controller with 2 analog sticks.

Ninjaman09
03-07-07, 11:40 AM
By saying "justified" I meant that the PlayStation 3 costs more to make than what it sells for and Sony is taking a huge loss. Meanwhile, Nintendo is selling something vastly underpowered for $250 and making a ~$90 profit from it. They could at least give the people at Foxconn more for labor if they're going to make a profit that big from it. And if they don't, then I personally think Nintendo doesn't deserve a profit if Sony loses a large amount of money from each PS3 sold.
Let me see if I understand this correctly. You are holding it against Nintendo that they decided to create a console that does not cost a lot of money to manufacture. They sell their systems at a profit, and this bothers you because Sony sells a system that costs more money to manufacture at a loss. You seem to consider the fact that the PS3 is more graphically powerful than the Wii a crime on Nintendo's part, and therefore that they should not be allowed to make money selling their system on the open market. You go on to say that since Nintendo's controller is not easily replicated for third party manufacturers, they should be penalized. Does that sound right?

If it does, you're a communist, but more than that, you're a complete moron.

ViN86
03-07-07, 02:29 PM
http://www.monsteras.net/blogimg/20040220-communist.jpg
I translated the text under the image, it says:

"IM TALKING TO YOU NINTENDO - QUIT ****ING AROUND!"

kevJ420
03-07-07, 04:45 PM
http://www.monsteras.net/blogimg/20040220-communist.jpg
I translated the text under the image, it says:

"IM TALKING TO YOU NINTENDO - QUIT ****ING AROUND!"

I'm not like Joseph Stalin.

Trust me. My dad's an MD. The librarians at my old highschool get pissed when kids (who have parents that make more than the librarians do) **** with their Apple Cinema HD monitors when my dad put more money into them than the librarians did and I'm like "they're telling me not mess with "their" monitors when my dad put more money into them than you did?!?"
[note: the more you make the more the communists take]

Needless to say, I think the education budget should be reduced to like 1/3 of what it is.

Also, I hope to be a lawyer and make it so the school boards (parts of, or at least friends of the govt) can't dictate how people dress.

Finally, I don't want the government telling me I can't smoke weed.

I'm not a communist.

saturnotaku
03-07-07, 04:51 PM
Also, I hope to be a lawyer and make it so the school boards (parts of, or at least friends of the govt) can't dictate how people dress.

You also have to be elected to a school board. Having been an education reporter myself and interviewed many potential candidates, you wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

nemecb
03-07-07, 05:02 PM
Needless to say, I think the education budget should be reduced to like 1/3 of what it is.
My my my, the hits just keep coming. The education system in the U.S. is already a mess because of underfunding, and that would pretty much guarantee that it would never recover. Of course this is getting into P&R forum territory and there's a reason I stay out of there...:rolleyes: