PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Nintendo should have...

kevJ420
03-06-07, 01:06 PM
continued on with the Gamecube w/ top notch 2D games? I'm really a conservative, old-schooler of a gamer, and I don't like how DS games usually have to use both screens.

The only thing that would be necessary for this would be for the Mega Man Super NES style controllers to be made again (they were for sale at various import shops.)

Think about how good 2D games native to the GameCube could look, and how long they could be.

I wish 2D (and also 2.5D) were still as common on consoles as they were in the 16 bit days. They could make some fast scrolling and rotating and scaling/zooming 2.5D games all while having excellent graphics and action.

The Gamecube only has enough processing and graphics quality to make great 2D games, so why not take advantage of it?

Imagine a new 2D Metroid (w/ 2.5D boss fights) w/ a Super NES controller all in 24 bit color with alpha-blending (transparency), and 1.35 GB long, and some phat-ass high quality special fx like rain, and high quality music. 640x480internal (and output, especially 480p) resolution would give it the edge over anything they can do on the DS.

Why does Nintendo always have to go against every good idea I have? My ideas are better than their ideas, nowadays. They could execute my ideas well too. I know they're capable.

nemecb
03-06-07, 01:11 PM
Why does Nintendo always have to go against every good idea I have? My ideas are better than their ideas, nowadays. They could execute my ideas well too. I know they're capable.
Wow...just wow.:headexplode:

thor1182
03-06-07, 01:12 PM
wow, just wow. Troll flame thread all the way. However I think your attempt at stupidity failed miserably and this is only a 3/10.

saturnotaku
03-06-07, 01:22 PM

Go away and take your stupid with you.

H3avyM3tal
03-06-07, 01:27 PM
I may get a ban for this, but man (thread maker), you must be one of the most stupid persons ever!

nemecb
03-06-07, 01:39 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0743424123.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

'nuff said.

Imbroglio
03-06-07, 01:56 PM
it's almost like a slightly less educated tehBigMan :headexplode:

Madpistol
03-06-07, 04:22 PM
Ok...

If you are whining about nintendo not doing any of "your ideas", that has to be one of the stupidist things I've heard ever. Nintendo is a company. They appeal to the masses. If the mass public wants something, they cater to them and make it. 2D games are mostly out of style now because the amount of processing power it takes to produce one is insignificant. In most cases, it would be a waste of power to make one of those games and risks not selling well because they're regressing rather than advancing. That's a big no-no in the electronics industry.

BTW, go pick up a Game Boy Advance or a Ninendo DS. Maybe that will keep you tied over for a while.

Flamebait.... :rolleyes:

saturnotaku
03-06-07, 05:21 PM
Companies are in business to make money and appease their stakeholders, not cater to some Internet forum jockey's petulent whim.

Zelda_fan
03-06-07, 07:23 PM
This must be NV40's butt buddy

kevJ420
03-06-07, 07:33 PM
Ok...

If you are whining about nintendo not doing any of "your ideas", that has to be one of the stupidist things I've heard ever. Nintendo is a company. They appeal to the masses. If the mass public wants something, they cater to them and make it. 2D games are mostly out of style now because the amount of processing power it takes to produce one is insignificant. In most cases, it would be a waste of power to make one of those games and risks not selling well because they're regressing rather than advancing. That's a big no-no in the electronics industry.

BTW, go pick up a Game Boy Advance or a Ninendo DS. Maybe that will keep you tied over for a while.

Flamebait.... :rolleyes:

I knew it was stupid of me to say that. I never really expected Nintendo to execute any of my ideas.

However, 2D is not necessarily going backwards. 2D improves w/ new technology just like 3D does. It's just that most have never really tried to make a 2D game to demonstrate improvements.

I have a GBA in the form of the GBA player, and in the form of a DS Lite. I think the Gamecube would do 2D games better than those.

Zelda_fan
03-06-07, 07:49 PM
You ever heard of Wario Ware?

You ever play half the games on the Nintendo DS?

Nintendo is not ignoring 2D, if anything they of all companies and breathing new life into it.

Buenamos
03-06-07, 08:21 PM
kevpla1, please don't speak. Every time I see one of your threads I always end up reading it and sitting there, pondering how someone could think this way.

SeriTonin
03-06-07, 10:36 PM
I guess I'm sorry Nintendo doesn't use your idea's? ( What do you want me to say?)

The irony is I'm sure if they did use your idea's you would then come here and tell us how they ripped off your idea's cause they didn't have their own, wouldn't you? Huh? Huh? Huuuuuh? C'mon, y'know you would! :thumbsup:

NaitoSan
03-06-07, 10:53 PM
Look at what happens when company takes up someone's idea... i.e. Snakes on the Plane? It flopped so bad.

Or... if you really want to become game designer, then I suggest you to get some education / skill from game design school or some where that provides some kind of trainings. Then try to get an interview at several companies including Nintendo. If you get a job, you can start by being make games based on your idea from there but that won't happen unless you can prove them your games will sell and make $$$.

Being in game industry takes a lot of work and patient. I don't expect myself to become game designer right away after I graduate... I just have to work myself through up there. It's all about business (most of time).

Madpistol
03-06-07, 11:54 PM
Have you played New Super Mario Bros. on the Nintendo DS? It uses 3D rendering on a 2D side scroller format.

The game is incredibly innovative and is very popular among DS owners. If you really want a good side scroller, this is a wonderful title to pick up.

ViN86
03-07-07, 08:52 AM
*insert generic stupidity insult here*

*insert other witty comment here*

:retard:

kevJ420
03-07-07, 10:15 AM
I guess I'm sorry Nintendo doesn't use your idea's? ( What do you want me to say?)

The irony is I'm sure if they did use your idea's you would then come here and tell us how they ripped off your idea's cause they didn't have their own, wouldn't you? Huh? Huh? Huuuuuh? C'mon, y'know you would! :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I would be so damn grateful (happy), I wouldn't care who gets credit. Don't worry, I wouldn't be complaining if my ideas were used and I got no credit for them.

kevJ420
03-07-07, 10:20 AM
You ever heard of Wario Ware?

You ever play half the games on the Nintendo DS?

Nintendo is not ignoring 2D, if anything they of all companies and breathing new life into it.

Thanks for posting.

I want a WarioLand 5 on the GameCube. I'm not into those new ideas like party games, mini-games. I want traditional 2D games, just on the GameCube.
Don't you think 2D Castlevania would be better on the GameCube than the DS?

It was better on the PS1 than the Super NES.

saturnotaku
03-07-07, 10:26 AM
Don't you think 2D Castlevania would be better on the GameCube than the DS?

No because the GC is a dead system and has been dead for a long time. Nintendo is selling DS Lites hand over fist. You make games where there's the greatest potential for profitability. Economics 101.

ralinn
03-07-07, 10:48 AM
A little piece of me has died inside... :(