PDA

View Full Version : Wii as good as it gets?

nemecb
03-06-07, 01:47 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/is-the-wii-going-to-get-any-better--30125.phtml

This is not flamebait for other console fanboys. If you think it is, go read the article again.

It's an interesting point: What motivation does Nintendo have to continue improving the Wii when it's already selling like crazy and even their last two "failed" consoles made them money hand over fist?

|MaguS|
03-06-07, 01:55 PM
Considering that they are **** blocking 3rd party developers for including Online Play who knows what Nintendo is thinking... well except kevpla1@cox.net... he's smarter then all of Nintendo.

Oh and heres the article covering the blocking of Online play.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/03/03/snk-president-talks-about-neo-geo-on-the-vc/

Herman says that Nintendo is not letting publishers add online functionality to games, VC or retail, and probably will continue this restriction throughout 2007.

nemecb
03-06-07, 02:10 PM
Yeah, it's weird that they would do that, unless they think it could be a boost to sales once they've slowed down.

kevJ420
03-06-07, 02:10 PM
This is what I've been talking about. Nintendo has always treated their 3rd parties like ****. Here's a brief list:
1. They held Capcom and Konami hostage for about the 1st 4 years of the Genesis' life cycle. When Capcom started developing for Sega there is a lot of clear and convincing evidence that they liked developing for Sega much better. I'm sure Konami felt the same way whether Nintendo fanboys liked it or not.
2. censored the hell out of things
3. would not let 3rd parties use vowels for passwords in games
4. over charged them for royalty fees
5. over charged them for rom chips
6. punished their 3rd parties at times.
7. got into a fight w/ sony (nintendo is the ones to blame.)
8. used carts for the N64 when advised not to. Sega had the good sense to make their console have a CD medium.

UDawg
03-06-07, 02:15 PM
This is what I've been talking about. Nintendo has always treated their 3rd parties like ****. Here's a brief list:
1. They held Capcom and Konami hostage for about the 1st 4 years of the Genesis' life cycle. When Capcom started developing for Sega there is a lot of clear and convincing evidence that they liked developing for Sega much better. I'm sure Konami felt the same way whether Nintendo fanboys liked it or not.
2. censored the hell out of things
3. would not let 3rd parties use vowels for passwords in games
4. over charged them for royalty fees
5. over charged them for rom chips
6. punished their 3rd parties at times.
7. got into a fight w/ sony (nintendo is the ones to blame.)
8. used carts for the N64 when advised not to. Sega had the good sense to make their console have a CD medium.
Quit crying and play the games OR quit crying and don't play the games. Either way quict crying.

kevJ420
03-06-07, 02:21 PM
Quit crying and play the games OR quit crying and don't play the games. Either way quict crying.

I'm not really crying, I'm here to emphasize what others are saying. I know that sounds stupid, but it's relevant and true.

UDawg
03-06-07, 03:01 PM
I'm not really crying, I'm here to emphasize what others are saying. I know that sounds stupid, but it's relevant and true.
No it isn't relavant. It has nothing to do with me having fun with the sytem. It is pure whinney geek talk and the type of meaningless stupidity that drives normal people to kill space marmot.

It's true. I read it on tEh web.

thor1182
03-06-07, 03:05 PM
the part that he said they they got in a fight with Sony is true. Sony was a tech partner for some of SNES. They started to work on a CD expansion for the system with sony, but scraped it and went with the FX chip. Sony feeling a bit craped on said F'it and took the work they did on the CD expansion system and made the PlayStation.

kevJ420
03-06-07, 03:46 PM
the part that he said they they got in a fight with Sony is true. Sony was a tech partner for some of SNES. They started to work on a CD expansion for the system with sony, but scraped it and went with the FX chip. Sony feeling a bit craped on said F'it and took the work they did on the CD expansion system and made the PlayStation.

Thanks for backing me up.

kevJ420
03-06-07, 03:50 PM
No it isn't relavant. It has nothing to do with me having fun with the sytem. It is pure whinney geek talk and the type of meaningless stupidity that drives normal people to kill space marmot.

It's true. I read it on tEh web.

I thought my post was relevant b/c this thread was about Nintendo and 3rd parties.

I guess other people can see something irrelevant about it that I can't. I just tried to give my explanation.