PDA

View Full Version : Is something wrong with my 8800 GTX?

nx02nx02
03-06-07, 03:28 PM
Hi there. I need a little bit of help. I just bought a new EVGA 8800 GTX. And I noticed some strange things happening in BF2. I am currently testing other games but is something maybe wrong with my GTX or is this a bug with Battlefield 2? I bought the EVGA brand new shrinkwrapped and havent overclocked it. I am using 97.92 drivers.

Here is some pics of what is happening.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8742/untitledja6.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4411/untitled1ur2.jpg

Imageshack is being slow for me. Please give them a sec to load.

It could just be Battlefield 2's fault. But I wanted to make sure with such an expensive card.

My old EVGA 7600 GT on the same system definitely never did this.

I can also see small black dots coming and going real quick like when looking up at the sky but I cant get those in screenshots.

WinXp sp2 32-bit
ASUS P5B deluxe
Core 2 Duo E6600
2 gig crucial ballistix
80 gig WD SE hard drive

Madpistol
03-06-07, 05:12 PM
either it's a driver issue or the card is overheating. The "black dots" sounds like a form of artifacting. I'm not sure though. Try reinstalling the drivers or going to an older set and see if that works.

ATOJAR
03-06-07, 05:41 PM
Try uninstalling the drivers with driver cleaner pro, uninstalling BF2, removing and re-inserting the card and re-install the drivers again then installing BF2 again!... what psu do you have?.... what temps is the card at when its artifacting? does it do that in 3dmark?

SLippe
03-06-07, 08:02 PM
First off, you don't have to uninstall BF2. WTF? I got those same little black dots (boxes) in Rainbow Six Vegas, but it was due to having the Core overclocked too high. Once I lowered it or put it back to stock, they went away. Sounds like the card is getting too hot, but could be a driver problem.

Just uninstall the drivers, run DCPro and reinstall the 97.92 set. I'm using them without any problems on BF2, R6V, Q4, NHL07, Sims2 (all), GRAW, and NFSMW.