PDA

View Full Version : Fault with HDD?

kam03
03-06-07, 06:50 PM
I just purchased a 2nd WD Raptor (10,000 rpm, 16mb cache) and i started to format the HDD but during the format process the format percentage just gets stuck at 6% and once i left the HDD on format for 5 hours and it only reached 22%.

I installed vista before formatting and it went to the final stages of installation then suddenly i get error message saying cannot complete installation...That's installation was on quick format. I then did normal format and it went to 22% then nothing so i just cancelled format. After that i tried installing Vista, it worked but i cannot format the HDD 100%.

I guess my HDD has something wrong with it? i copied a few files (7gb total) to the HDD and it transferred without any problems. What could the problem be?

Thanks

grey_1
03-06-07, 07:35 PM
Try replacing your SATA cable with a known good one. If that doesn't work try the SATA port your other raptor is working good off of.

kam03
03-07-07, 04:58 PM
Try replacing your SATA cable with a known good one. If that doesn't work try the SATA port your other raptor is working good off of.

Tried that, no luck. ill just send it off for RMA.