PDA

View Full Version : remove icon in Vista Games browser?

Sc0rp10n
03-06-07, 10:34 PM
Apparently, running Half Life 2 through Steam put an icon for "Half-Life: Source" in my Games browser. Is there a way to completely remove this icon? I see the "Hide this game" option, but I'd like to completely remove it from the browser if possible.

Zelda_fan
03-06-07, 10:52 PM
Why?

Sc0rp10n
03-06-07, 11:00 PM
Because I don't have Half-Life:Source installed on my computer.

jAkUp
03-06-07, 11:06 PM
Can't you just click and delete??

Zelda_fan
03-06-07, 11:19 PM
Because I don't have Half-Life:Source installed on my computer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you install HL2 through steam, it comes with HL:Source as well?

Stoneyguy
03-07-07, 12:12 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you install HL2 through steam, it comes with HL:Source as well?

There may be versions that do, but mine didn't. It came with CS: source but not HL 1

RAY16
03-07-07, 03:26 AM
Source games and the vista game browser don't seem to get along. After running DoD: S, CS: S, HL2, and Episode One a few times I had multiple "Half-Life 2" and "Half-Life: Source" entries in the game browser, all with the same icon.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to remove them permanently, so for now hiding them will have to do.

DRen72
03-07-07, 08:05 AM
I am not near my Vista PC at the moment, but I can tell you that you can remove and even edit these enties via the Registry. I did. Search the registry by the title of the game in the Games Browser and you'll find it. Delete the registry entry for the game and it will be gone.