PDA

View Full Version : CnC3 is boring!

Pages : [1] 2

h0102468
03-07-07, 10:06 AM
It lacks variety.

I;ve played 2 sides so far and I think there are simply not enough units. How can u play such a game for long?

CaptNKILL
03-07-07, 10:23 AM
:|

How do you have the game already, and why is this not in the other C&C3 thread?

SebC
03-07-07, 10:44 AM
So not enough units == boring?

Abraxus#
03-07-07, 11:23 AM
I think its boring but that's just because I can stand RTS's

Quickstar
03-07-07, 12:02 PM
It's boring because CoH set a new standard. The tactics in CoH are unmatched.

CaptNKILL
03-07-07, 01:23 PM
It's boring because CoH set a new standard. The tactics in CoH are unmatched.
Meh, I still have a few levels of CoH that I haven't finished.

It got boring pretty fast for me...

Athena
03-07-07, 01:56 PM
what does City of Heros have to do with this? ;)

How do some of you guys have this game or are you basing this all off the one demo map?

SH64
03-07-07, 02:03 PM
How did you get the full game :confused: & what about the 3rd side .. the Scrin ?

maybe there isnt too many units in C&C3 but that dosent make the game boring , its an RTS remember ? the new strategies you invent is what makes the game fun.

K007
03-08-07, 06:19 AM
its kinda obvious this is a troll thread -.-

crainger
03-08-07, 06:29 AM
This thread is boring. I mean there is no talk of RGSS, w-buffers or Subaru WRXs

CaptNKILL
03-08-07, 06:46 AM
This thread is boring. I mean there is no talk of RGSS, w-buffers or Subaru WRXs
:rofl

nekrosoft13
03-08-07, 07:25 AM

yeah buffered Subaru WRX with RGSS FTW

BliNkEr]
03-08-07, 07:41 AM
I think, play the campaign in the full-version, so you won't say that C&C 3 is boring anymore. The cutscenes are just amazing, just take a look from the demo version.
Story will be great!

LORD-eX-Bu
03-08-07, 09:47 AM
mmm... cutscenes :rofl

Hoopla
03-08-07, 12:14 PM
I won't say that it's boring, but based on the demo, it's the same old game that we played 10 years ago just with better graphics. I will probably avoid this one.

Destroy
03-08-07, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't call it boring but it certainly isn't adding much new or innovative.

LORD-eX-Bu
03-08-07, 02:13 PM
I think Supreme Commander is much better:D

crainger
03-08-07, 02:50 PM
-LORD-eX-Bu']I think Supreme Commander is much better:D

While it is a better game. SupComs cutscenes don't have Michael Ironside or the chicks from Battlestar. Combine the two and you would have a game so good, it would probably be unplayable for us mere mortals.

LORD-eX-Bu
03-08-07, 02:54 PM
I'm pretty sure Michael Flatley would be the only one who could so you're right:lol:

lognoronon
03-08-07, 06:53 PM
I don't need a NASA super computer to play CnC3 but I do for Supreme Commander.

nekrosoft13
03-08-07, 07:22 PM
I don't need a NASA super computer to play CnC3 but I do for Supreme Commander.

i don't have a "NASA super computer" and i can play it great

crainger
03-08-07, 09:26 PM
I have a lowly single core and I've yet to have any slow downs in the campaign.

Multiplayer is different though. Playing in my mates hosted game with him, myself and two AI brought my FPS to 10! :(

BTW TA pwns all!

lognoronon
03-08-07, 10:22 PM
I was kind of joking. In all seriousness though I know a good many friends that have really good systems and the game still runs like crap for them. Performance is the sole reason I have not purchased the game. The graphics don't justify the performance IMO. I also had far more fun with CnC3 but I guess I'm one of the few people that liked generals also :)

Bman212121
03-08-07, 10:29 PM
Damn animated avatars, I can't figure out who's posting what because everyone is changing their av's. :D

I'd have to agree that it is pretty hard to judge a game based on a demo with only 1 map. If you don't particularly enjoy RTS games to begin with, it can be hard to find something to pull you in. I could agrue that any FPS game you just aim and click the mouse, and they have all been the same since doom. Obviously this isn't true, and it can be hard to see the changes that have taken place because they are suddle and have been refined over time.

Play the original C&C and compare that with 3, and you'll be amazed at how many suttle things have been done to improve the game. The concept is still the same, and a lot of the same units are there, but after that a lot of things are different. There weren't any veterancy rankings for units, upgrades for anything, movable MCV's, waypoints, multiple building queues, fog of war, cloaking devices (not 100%, but I think RA started that), special units like sniper that can help find hidden units and point out targets, etc, etc.

I think this will be a great game, as it provides a good balance between completity and simplicity. I'm not crazy about invisible stuff, and having to preform upgrades, but they didn't go overboard with that so it isn't a huge task. Other games like AOE specifically have such in-depth upgrades, it makes it hard to keep track of what is good, what you want to use, and what you'll need to get the other upgrades. It is a lot easier to pick up C&C and figure it out than AOE is. The other really nice thing is that there isn't a pop cap, so it allows much bigger armies to be made.

crainger
03-08-07, 10:48 PM
LOL. My avatar hasn't changed much. Still Max. :D