PDA

View Full Version : NBA Street Homecourt

saturnotaku
03-07-07, 01:16 PM
Best Buy had a demo of this set up, and I thought it looked pretty cool. Anyone here have it and can provide impressions? If the word is good, I'll probably rent it.

OWA
03-07-07, 01:42 PM
I was going to get it today when I picked up Motorstorm but they didn't have it out yet. I liked the demo of it.

TiKiMaN1
03-07-07, 01:44 PM
Best Buy had a demo of this set up, and I thought it looked pretty cool. Anyone here have it and can provide impressions? If the word is good, I'll probably rent it.

One of my favorite Xbox Live demos ever.:D

OWA
03-07-07, 03:19 PM
Try the demo (on XBL). If you like the demo you'll like the full-game. It's pretty fun/funny. I went ahead and picked up the PS3 version a little while ago.

six_storm
03-07-07, 03:41 PM
I'm going to grab it from work tonight, I'll let you know how it is.

saturnotaku
03-07-07, 10:25 PM
Downloaded the demo, played it, hated it, deleted it. Thanks for pointing out that a demo was indeed available, else I would have felt like I wasted money renting. :)

OWA
03-08-07, 08:07 AM
I didn't like it the first time I played the demo b/c it was a lot more exaggerated than I expected. Once I accepted that, I ended up enjoying it. I played the full-game a while last night and enjoyed it but I don't think it'll be the kind of game that I play non-stop. I think I'll probably use it as a change of pace type game.

saturnotaku
03-08-07, 08:14 AM
Oh I think the exaggeration is what makes it cool. I didn't like the mechanics. There's no real style to the gameplay. IMO it felt just like button mashing in a fighting game. I couldn't do tricks for more than about half a second since the AI knocks the ball away or steals it every freaking time. By the time the little button icon to stop them appears above your head to evade, it's too late.

I think I'll stick to playing Crackdown, at least for the time being. :D

OWA
03-08-07, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. I won several without really knowing what I was doing (just button mashing) but then again, I was playing on easy mode. It was also fairly easy to come back just by shooting long range shots.

Heh, I started doing that to the AI once I figured out the "shove" button. They'd start doing their fancy tricks, I'd just shove the guy, grab the ball and score. :) Probably wouldn't work that way for me on a harder setting though.

saturnotaku
03-08-07, 08:32 AM
It's really nice in the current generation of consoles (Wii excepted) that we can download demos. I can use the money I otherwise would have spent buying the game or renting towards the purchase of other titles that I've demoed and enjoy more. :)

zoomy942
03-08-07, 10:58 AM
It's really nice in the current generation of consoles (Wii excepted) that we can download demos. I can use the money I otherwise would have spent buying the game or renting towards the purchase of other titles that I've demoed and enjoy more. :)

i'd completely agree. I have the Wii and i still have to ask around and google stuff to find out if a game is worth it. and even then im taking a risk. there are 6 games coming out in march for the wii that i want and i have to guess if they are worth playing or not

saturnotaku
03-08-07, 11:53 AM
i'd completely agree. I have the Wii and i still have to ask around and google stuff to find out if a game is worth it. and even then im taking a risk. there are 6 games coming out in march for the wii that i want and i have to guess if they are worth playing or not

That's where renting still comes in handy. My friends and I rented Sonic and the Secret Rings, and we all hated it. There are several Wii games this month and in early April that I'm very interested in (Cooking Mama, Marble Mania, and Super Paper Mario) and will probably just ask for them for my birthday. :D

zoomy942
03-08-07, 01:04 PM
I'm eyeing PAper Mario, TMNT, Wing Island, Medal of Honor, Cooking Mama and something else but i canmt remember the name.

My bday is the 19th of this month so i might ask for a game or 2 as well

six_storm
03-08-07, 08:20 PM
I played for a few mins today and thought it was alright. It's basically NBA Street with good graphics. The controls were ok and the graphics were pretty nice. I wouldn't buy it but I'd rent it. Not a big BBall fan.

1337_Like_ThaT
03-08-07, 08:28 PM
I'm going to grab it from work tonight, I'll let you know how it is.

Hey Six are you still working at your local BestBuy? If so, do you get any descent discounts at all? Just curious :)