PDA

View Full Version : Help me....

SlowJoeBlow
03-07-07, 02:56 PM
Hep Me My computer (see sig) will no longer power up. At first I thought it was the PSU as for the last few months I would have trouble starting it after I lost power from the wall outlet, or unpluged the PS cord. When this happened I could play with it and would get it to start again,and would have no problems until I lost power from the wall.Now The only thing I get from it is the MB led light. I thought it would be a bad MB but I checked it on my P4P800 and it started with no problem. So now it looks like my MB may be bad, but I've heard that the A8N_sli premium board has problems with Antec PS.. SO any ideas where I should go from here? Also..Is it a Pain in the A$$ to RMA MB's to Asus, How should I go about it, so that it's as painless as possible.

ViN86
03-07-07, 03:06 PM
i would try a different PSU. probably something like OCZ or if you want to throw down some cash, a PC Power and Cooling.

RMAing with Asus isnt very hard from what i remember. i RMA'd my a8n-sli deluxe board a few years ago and it went smooth.

did you test other parts of your PC? ie cpu/memory/video/hard drive?
did you look over your connections? make sure everything is connected and secured and not grounded.

gl man :)

SlowJoeBlow
03-08-07, 09:32 AM
i would try a different PSU. probably something like OCZ or if you want to throw down some cash, a PC Power and Cooling.

RMAing with Asus isnt very hard from what i remember. i RMA'd my a8n-sli deluxe board a few years ago and it went smooth.

did you test other parts of your PC? ie cpu/memory/video/hard drive?
did you look over your connections? make sure everything is connected and secured and not grounded.

gl man :)
Thanks for the help. I'm gonna try a new PS first, then see where to go from there. Hopefully it's only a PS