PDA

View Full Version : New Crysis Sandbox Video

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mojoman0
03-07-07, 11:58 PM
You guys should check this out. It's about 8 mins long and shows off some of the power of the sandbox editor...it's pretty insane how much work they've put into this game.

http://www.crysis-online.com/
the one on the right

XP_GUN
03-08-07, 12:01 AM
Downloading now :)

jAkUp
03-08-07, 12:05 AM
OMG that first one was incredible!

mojoman0
03-08-07, 12:09 AM
They're both incredible. I feel this games gonna be worth way more than 50 bucks a pop.

XP_GUN
03-08-07, 12:28 AM
OMG I want Crysis now :D

Both videos were amazing, I really love the fact that you can just jump in and play test stuff sandbox editor.

methimpikehoses
03-08-07, 12:32 AM
I'm a big fan of the depth of field and motion blur. The helicopter and the nuke clips were ridiculous.

It also appears I will need at least 6 cores and 4 X2950XTX's (in double-secret crossfire) to run this game.

CaptNKILL
03-08-07, 12:36 AM
My jaw is on the floor after that first video.

Is this real or are they joking? Seriously... real time ambient light maps? Procedural skeletal animation? Destructible trees, buildings and vehicles? Motion blurring, amazing physics, photo-realistic 3d water?

I'm in awe. Really.

No words. :wtf:

mojoman0
03-08-07, 12:39 AM
is it impossible to play crysis in dx9 with dx10 effects?

No not quite possible, but it will still look pretty darn good

XxDeadlyxX
03-08-07, 12:50 AM
Simply incredible.

Damn I hope it comes out this year and isnt delayed into 2008 so everyone will laugh at Halo 3's 'next-gen' graphics... ha! :D

STALKER, UT3, Crysis all in one year = best year evar.

Single Player
03-08-07, 01:06 AM
The nuclear explosion was AAMazinGG

CaptNKILL
03-08-07, 01:37 AM
Wow, in that second vid I think the guy said the game uses Voxel terrain. I never thought I'd hear that word again.

For more info on Voxels:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voxel

Basically, they aren't polygons. Its something completely different and in the past I don't think they have been able to use them with 3d Accelerators.

jAkUp
03-08-07, 01:37 AM
The nuclear explosion was AAMazinGG

Ditto.

NaitoSan
03-08-07, 01:50 AM
saw first clip (tech trailer) and man, it's extremely impressive especially nuclear explosion. it made my jaw drop.

i can't imagine what cryengine 3 will do...

NaitoSan
03-08-07, 01:52 AM
Wow, in that second vid I think the guy said the game uses Voxel terrain. I never thought I'd hear that word again.

For more info on Voxels:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voxel

Basically, they aren't polygons. Its something completely different and in the past I don't think they have been able to use them with 3d Accelerators.
Whoa? Since I'm deaf and unable to hear what guy's talking about... that's damn pretty cool. I've always thought about possiblity of using voxel sometime in the future because voxel technology is very neat and could be impressive if used properly or coded right for high end gpu.

CaptNKILL
03-08-07, 01:59 AM
Whoa? Since I'm deaf and unable to hear what guy's talking about... that's damn pretty cool. I've always thought about possiblity of using voxel sometime in the future because voxel technology is very neat and could be impressive if used properly or coded right for high end gpu.
Yeah, when describing the terrain he said it wasnt a standard height map and that it was "woxel" terrain... and judging by his accent, thats actually "voxel".

I could be wrong, but I think it'd probably explain part of how they can show so much detail in such a gigantic area without the game being a nine billion polygon slide show.

The sandbox editor is freaking amazing though. I will be buying this game when it comes out, regardless of how much I disliked Far Cry. I can't believe you can actually customize the shaders with simple sliders. Thats so damn cool!

If this engine can pull all of this off and perform well (or at least scale well with different hardware) I think we may have THE top next generation game engine. The next Quake or Unreal engine. Seriously, if this is being licensed, why use anything else? Nothing can have more features than this.

Ohhgg... imagine an RPG on this engine... like Elder Scrolls V... :drooling:

CaptNKILL
03-08-07, 02:14 AM
Well as I suspected, the game isn't really using voxels for all the terrain, they just use the term "voxel objects" for something:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryENGINE2

# Terrain: Uses an advanced heightmap system and polygon reduction to create massive, realistic environments. The view distance can be up to 2km when converted from game units.
# Voxel Object: Allows creating geometry a heightmap system wouldn’t support to create cliffs, caves, canyons and alien shapes. Voxel editing is as easy as heightmap editing and fast in rendering.

So that was a false alarm but the engine is still extremely impressive.

For what its worth, I was reading around a bit about voxels and I guess they can actually be done in hardware now using an SM 3.0 shader. Pretty cool stuff, though I guess its still far from practical and the immense polygon pushing power of the current hardware makes voxels all the more obsolete.

Single Player
03-08-07, 05:11 AM
ohh the wheels! Shooting of the wheels was Kinda CooL thing!
it is bad that in BF2 it can not be done.

ASUSEN7900GTX
03-08-07, 06:33 AM
well it is said 8800gts/gts shall be able to run this game just hope it does or iīm ****ed.

i canīt afford a new HGX if crysis isnīt playable ona GF800GTS it has to be

Abraxus#
03-08-07, 11:14 AM
The water height adjustment was pretty impressive, I wonder if proper waves are possible.

Also the animation of the guy running aroung was flawless.

Tuork
03-08-07, 11:39 AM
link for the vids doesnīt load. :(

CaptNKILL
03-08-07, 01:48 PM
The editor looks a lot like the Elder Scrolls Construction Set for Oblivion and Morrowind, but the most obvious difference is that its actually real time and in-engine while you're using it. Its so cool how he just hits a button and then falls out of the sky into the level, with his weapon ready to "test" out his creation. :D

Toss3
03-08-07, 02:20 PM
Wow, this is just the epitome of lousy download-speeds; 19kb/s! :D It only takes an HOUR! (nana2)

Could someone host these, or find other mirrors, pwetty please? :wonder:

BliNkEr]
03-08-07, 02:37 PM
Just seen these two videos!
Both are simply amazing!
The editor is very cool, you can make nice things with that. The explosion at the end of the first video was incredible!
Crysis will be sooo great, can't wait for the full-version!
I hope the release will be still in month september.

D!Z
03-08-07, 02:45 PM
The game looks unreal, i just hope the performance is great on midrange computers. On one of the videos he creates a soldier and takes him out if you look closesly it stutters a few times. Its one thing too have a awesome looking game its another too have great performance. I hope this is game of the year.

SlamDunk
03-08-07, 02:50 PM
link for the vids doesnīt load. :(
http://incrysis.com/crysis/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=282&Itemid=2