PDA

View Full Version : Video Card + 680i board - WoW

gulizard
03-08-07, 05:36 AM
This is just something that I've been amazed at. For anyone who disses the 680i boards they are something amazing. I remember on my old nforce4 board my 8800 GTS wouldn't even pass at 580MHz and 1000 on the Memory. I got my card running at 44c right now, and managed to get it clocked up to 650MHz Core, and 1050. Stable so far played 3 full hours of BF2 SF and it ran perfect.

Is it because of this board? It has to be...

Probably the wrong section but I think it pertains to this board and the video card. I just can't believe how great this board is.

It almost makes me wish nvidia would bring back soundstorm. God I miss the days of nforce2 sound :(.

Dazz
03-08-07, 06:10 AM
Yes it is due to theboard, Linkboost etc adds more voltage to the nVIDA card which allows more overclocking head room. This is also the reason why the cards run hotter on the NF680i boards too.

Xion X2
03-08-07, 07:15 AM
The problem with the 680is isn't performance. It's reliability. Nvidia just rolled out the chipset too soon before it passed enough quality control.

gulizard
03-09-07, 08:36 AM
Yes it is due to theboard, Linkboost etc adds more voltage to the nVIDA card which allows more overclocking head room. This is also the reason why the cards run hotter on the NF680i boards too.

Wrong yet again it idled at 49-50c before. It idles at 44c now and 52-56c loaded. All on air. So either my board is reporting lower or the fact I did some cleaning up with cables helped the temps its actually lower.

Dazz
03-10-07, 12:13 AM
The chances are if you gone from a Hotter running Athlon to a cooler running Core2 and neater cabling then yes it will drop the temps. The board inceases the voltage by 0.2v for the GPU not known if it increases the memory voltage. After all this is an overclocking board at the same time it increases the HT from 200MHz to 250MHz. However on NV's web site the feature has now been removed http://www.nvidia.com/page/nforce_600i_tech_specs.html