PDA

View Full Version : So, i've had this copy of Vista since release date...

Tygerwoody
03-08-07, 10:09 AM
And i still haven't installed it :p

Main reason is because i dont want to have two different saves for all my games and two different installs. Is there a way to avoid this? I want to install my copy of Vista. :o

saturnotaku
03-08-07, 10:15 AM
u shud instal lUnIx 'cuz viZtaH iz teh l4mE roflsauce M$ bil g4te$

evilghost
03-08-07, 10:22 AM
Set up a paypal donation and I'll sling a little cash your way so you can afford that 4GB of RAM, the maximum a 32 bit system can use, so Vista will run smoothly. Don't forget to rip some of the RAM out during the install so the installation doesn't vomit.

Remember, this is a modern OS.

Vapor Trail
03-08-07, 10:35 AM
I have all my games on a different HD from my operating systems.

When I boot to Vista, Vista is C\: and I map my games drive E:.
When I boot XP, Xp is c:\ and I change the games drive to drive E:.

Games run fine no matter which boot I choose and only one set of games and saves is required except for games that put their save games in the user or docs directory or elsewhere on the boot drive. They would have to be replicated.

Still is works pretty well and makes backing up the OS a snap since the drive is relatively small.

evilghost
03-08-07, 10:42 AM
Ya'll need to check out the SUBSTR function, it will allow you to alias a drive letter to a directory path.

grey_1
03-08-07, 11:17 AM
u shud instal lUnIx 'cuz viZtaH iz teh l4mE roflsauce M$ bil g4te$
roflsauce?!?!?!!?
:rofl

grey_1
03-08-07, 11:18 AM
Set up a paypal donation and I'll sling a little cash your way so you can afford that 4GB of RAM, the maximum a 32 bit system can use, so Vista will run smoothly. Don't forget to rip some of the RAM out during the install so the installation doesn't vomit.

Remember, this is a modern OS.
Ubuntu officially sucks again.