PDA

View Full Version : Completely uninstalling nvidia drivers?

PointlesS
03-16-03, 02:50 PM
well I'm an ati user (dodges thrown objects) and I know to completely uninstall the drivers for my radeon 8500 I Just go to add/remove programs...restart in safe mode then search for ati*.* and delete those leftover files and then delete leftover registry keys...but since I've never owned a nvidia card how do you completely uninstall drivers? because it'd be nice to know when I"m working on a friends system or something...do you just go to everything I described above but search for nv*.* instead?

saturnotaku
03-16-03, 11:22 PM
You don't even need to do a search. Just boot into safe mode and uninstall the drivers via control panel, add/remove programs, let it do its thing and reboot when it prompts you. Boot into Windows normally and install your drivers via your preferred method (setup.exe or device manager manual install).

CherryPopper
03-17-03, 12:46 PM
By far the easiest way for Either ATI or Nvidia cards is to simply run the add/remove from the control panel and then run "DriverCleaner", a free utility available from DriverHeaven.net that automatically removes ALL leftover files and reg entries for you, even the backup oem files. When you run the utility you have the options to clean for either ati or nvidia files. You can download it @

http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/