PDA

View Full Version : Mounting holes on the GeForce FX

Pages : [1] 2

gokickrocks
03-16-03, 03:05 PM
are the mounting holes the same as the GF 4's? i need to prepare my waterblock to mount on it, my FX arrives tomorrow

nagus
03-16-03, 03:12 PM
:eek:

I'm curious ... why did you bought a GFFX ? Your signature tells me, that you own a Radeon 9700 pro.

gokickrocks
03-16-03, 03:19 PM
out of curiousity really, and yes i do own a 9700 pro...

Matt-AWD
03-16-03, 03:40 PM
You must have quite a bit of money to throw around to spend $400 on a downgrade...

volt
03-16-03, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Matt-AWD
You must have quite a bit of money to throw around to spend $400 on a downgrade...

Your point is? What do you care? :rolleyes:

gravioli
03-16-03, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by volt

He makes a good point. I don't know anybody that would spend $400 for an IQ downgrade, unless he/she was not spending his/her own hard earned cash. I guess a video card collector might spend that kind of money too.

Fortunately, gokickrocks can always fall back on his 9700 Pro if he decides he has had enough of the Geforce FX cinematic quality experience. :)

netviper13
03-16-03, 04:25 PM
Wow, the guy asks for technical information and gets a bunch of whiny trolls telling him that his purchase was bad.

Now back on topic; I don't think the mounting holes are the same. You should PM BladeRunner, as he was working on waterblocks for the GFFX.

/me agrees with Volt on this one.

volt
03-16-03, 04:25 PM
So what? It's not anyone's business what I do with my money...geez. It's NVIDIA fan site, go play somewhere else guys :cool:

volt
03-16-03, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by gokickrocks
are the mounting holes the same as the GF 4's? i need to prepare my waterblock to mount on it, my FX arrives tomorrow

As to your question. I'm not sure, but you might want to fire up a PM to Jakup. He has one :)

gokickrocks
03-16-03, 04:28 PM
who said i was downgrading? i am going to keep the 9700 pro in my main gaming rig, the FX is going in another comp (my diamond viper v550 is dying on me)...but like i said, its out of curiousity, i could always exchange it for a 9800 pro when it comes out (which hopefully will be within 30 days of my purchase)

-=DVS=-
03-16-03, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by gokickrocks

There are hardly anyone who have or had a GFFX in his/her hands :rolleyes:

So offcourse people are gonna ask why WHY WHY :banghead: did you buy that :fu: :firedevil: :tongue2:

RobHague
03-16-03, 04:49 PM
I've never seen so many ATi fans in one place ;) i thought this was an Nvidia forum? where are all you nvidia fans when we need some good reasons why the FX is better than the Radeon... tut tut. ;)

Im joining the party though, i too am after an FX which should be in my grasp in April lol.

jAkUp
03-16-03, 04:50 PM
i dont have a geforce 4... so i dunno if the mounting holes are the same...

muzz
03-16-03, 04:51 PM
badboy over at FM ripped off that noisy mess and put a wb on his.......
May wanna go ask him if he had to do anything else.

GL GKR
Let us know how ya make out.

volt
03-16-03, 05:04 PM
Gokickrocks, here is your answer :)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=61028#post61028

ReDeeMeR
03-16-03, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
There are hardly anyone who have or had a GFFX in his/her hands :rolleyes:

So offcourse people are gonna ask why WHY WHY :banghead: did you buy that :fu: :firedevil: :tongue2:

lmao ;)

YeuEmMaiMai
03-17-03, 10:54 AM
Point is.... Why settle for inferior technology when you can quite clearly have the best available R300/R350. At least ATi does not have to resort to driver hacks to make 3Dmark 2K3 run close to ATi's card.

If it my understanding that Nvidia is TRYING to get MS to add FP 16 to the DX 9 spec and THNAK GOD that as of this time MS is saying "kiss my butt" to them.

I was under the impression that Nvidia was all for "Cinematic Computing" and is not "Image Quality" part of that? SO WHY IS IT THAT nVidia WANTS TO LOWER THE STANDARD?

Originally posted by volt

sbp
03-17-03, 11:05 AM
Cause the dude wants a GF FX.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sbp777/smilies/duh2.gif

SurfMonkey
03-17-03, 11:07 AM
Maybe the name of this forum should be changed to Rage3D!

As there seems to be more pro-ATi'ers with nothing to do except sit around making sad jokes, and and fill an Nvidia forum up with verbal diarrhoea, around here than there is over there.

ragejg
03-17-03, 11:21 AM
Dang guys, just stick to the topic!!

...please?

honest question, deserving of an honest answer. That's it.

:confused:

Sazar
03-17-03, 11:30 AM
trolling is the fastest and easiest way to p!ss people off and to ruin a perfectly valid thread...

and FYi... per the application screenies... the IQ is the SAME for ati and nvidia cards it would appear... performance @ those iq levels is a different matter... but heck he bought the card... his choice... his money... his computer... let him do his stuff...

creedamd
03-17-03, 12:35 PM
have any of you guys thought that some people just might be interested to see what would make someone buy this card, there are not going to be many, most of them aren't going to own up to having one, so the few that do pop up, we might have questions.

Is there a review that you saw that justified it? Are you just that hardcore for nvidia? Is it just for testing purposes? Do you have money to throw away?

Some people just want to know, back off. It's not like every thread here stays completely on topic. Sometimes the fanboyism kills me. It's the internet. Nothing serious. It's like you are trying to cover your geforcefx in the litterbox. Everyone knows(well almost, evidently) that the geforcefx is a failure even to the hardest of nvidiots around the world.

to sum it up.. lighten up... you will live longer.

ragejg
03-17-03, 01:08 PM
it's the thread replies that are laced with troll-ness ("why'd you get it? ... i mean, why'd you waste yer $:rolleyes:") that are subject to criticism from myself and others who are not proponents of this sort of posting style. The questions you listed, creedamd, would be great replies to questions like these, but it seems that none are that straight-forward... Almost all have that little "extra ingredient"... which can deter new members, making them think that this site is full of punks or something. A new member right now would get a totally diff. impression of this site vs. if they logged on in ... let's say September '02.

... not sayin these forums have gone to heck at all... but nobody wants to get crap for their card just cuz they've posted a question about it... no, I don't mince words about the nv30 at all... matter of fact I'm not stating a single opinion (check all my posts) UNTIL I have one in my hands... regardless of claims of failure OR success...

- nvidia AND ati owner -

-=DVS=-
03-17-03, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by YeuEmMaiMai
Point is.... Why settle for inferior technology when you can quite clearly have the best available R300/R350. ..........

Lol didn't you read his Signatures why would he need R300 ? he have Radeon9700Pro already :lol: and to buy Radoen9800Pro it is realy worth for that little boost ? better wait for NV35 or NV40 or R350 with DDR 2 :thumbsup:

saturnotaku
03-17-03, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by creedamd
have any of you guys thought that some people just might be interested to see what would make someone buy this card, there are not going to be many, most of them aren't going to own up to having one, so the few that do pop up, we might have questions.

And that's a topic for another thread. If the question had been "should I buy a GF FX?" that's one thing, but the guy was asking a more simple, straightforward question. Instead of getting a reply, people are jumping down his throat.

Just give the poor guy an answer and move on.

lighten up... you will live longer.

Then may I suggest you practice what you preach?