PDA

View Full Version : Particular Shinobi 3 discussion

kevJ420
03-09-07, 10:14 AM
This may be viewed as retarded to some, but who thinks this is clear and convincing evidence of Shinobi 3 being fragments pieced together? (not that it's a bad game, I think it was a great game but anyways):

There's music in the music test that isn't in the game. Sega was infamous for this. Some of the names of them don't make sense. (not that Sega wasn't pretty damn perfect or anything, they just used to rush things. A similar issue to this was like in the 32X's ****ty version of Doom, the Big ****ing Gun wasn't able to be found in the game, but it was there thru cheat codes. Not that I use cheat codes or anything, but it was noted a while ago although it may have been b/c the 32X version only had 15 levels.)

There were 2 betas. 1 was mostly different and it had a blond woman standing by Joe at a similar ending scene to the final, and seemed like it had more of a story (different text at the beginning). Remember how Shinobi 3 (the final) kind of had an ending, that really wasn't very ending-like.

In the 2nd beta, it was basically the same levels just with errors and darker even scarier palettes except:
There was this cool, but scary looking maze level in place of the maze level that was in the final game. In the beta the maze didn't work right. So they removed it, and the maze in the final game really seems weird b/c of how you get out. If I remember correctly it's weird b/c it's just in the upper right hand corner of the screen, and then you get where you're going. They also re-used the final boss of the Revenge of Shinobi, who you fought after each game's maze. See how it seems so pasted together?

The box mentions something about ninjas of "Joe's own bloodline." There's nothing mentioned about that in the game, although the final boss was a shadow or something, I don't remember it too well, haven't played it since I was but a wee lad.

Shinobi X/ Shin Shinobi Den/ Shinobi Legions also went thru major changes in development. The HUD was more like the Genesis ones, and the backgrounds were different, mainly in terms of color.

This is like how most of us will probably never play the Hidden Palace (or any of the other discarded levels) in Sonic 2, or any of the Sonic X-treme builds.

But at least Sega pumped out great games at 10X the rate Nintendo ever has. Think about 92-93, Sega's market-leading years, Nintendo was struggling to release as many good games as Sega could. It wasn't until Spring 94 that Nintendo had a game to answer back with. We all know what excellent game it was. Super ****in Metroid. Too bad the series' continuity is ruined forever for me.

Imbroglio
03-09-07, 10:29 AM
:wtf:

saturnotaku
03-09-07, 10:50 AM
I'll send you an invite to join Livejournal, and you can post on your very own blog instead of clogging up this forum with your crap.

kev13dd
03-09-07, 10:56 AM
Have... have all 185 of his posts been like this? Cause... just wow

K

saturnotaku
03-09-07, 10:58 AM
Have... have all 185 of his posts been like this? Cause... just wow

K

You can search through his history, though I would only do that on an empty stomach.

Mr. Hunt
03-09-07, 11:05 AM
I thought I was a pretty hardcore gamer, but I've never even heard of Shinobi.

You aren't serious are you?!

Mr. Hunt
03-09-07, 11:44 AM
I'm dead serious, lol...
But to be fair...I didn't know what Metriod was when Metroid Prime came out either.

I would say "Metroid? What the **** is that?"

Ok... all of this yet you consider yourself a hardcore gamer? I don't even consider myself truly "hardcore"... and I know this stuff... do you know what The Legend of Zelda is? or Final Fantasy?

Imbroglio
03-09-07, 11:53 AM
he probably knows those about as well as you know Celtic Tiger

kevJ420
03-09-07, 11:54 AM
Ok... all of this yet you consider yourself a hardcore gamer? I don't even consider myself truly "hardcore"... and I know this stuff... do you know what The Legend of Zelda is? or Final Fantasy?

Metroid has never been done on nvidia hw, so I kind think it's kind of ok to not have known, although this is the console forum.

Mr. Hunt
03-09-07, 12:01 PM
Metroid has never been done on nvidia hw, so I kind think it's kind of ok to not have known, although this is the console forum.

IT IS?! HOLY ****ING ****!

saturnotaku
03-09-07, 12:03 PM

What color is the sky in your world?

ENU291
03-09-07, 01:28 PM
I see that Retardo Montalban is at it again... It is the year 2007 and :retard: @cox.net is talking about Shinobi. WTF is this world coming too??

Imbroglio
03-09-07, 01:41 PM
he probably knows those about as well as you know Celtic Tiger

Oh certainly.

I've played every Zelda game, beat every Mario game except Sunshine, all Final Fantasies since number 7...in fact, probably every game ever released by Square since the PS1.

I've owned an Atari, NES, Super NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, and PS3. So I considered myself well versed.

I had just never heard of Metriod...and looking back, I probably saw it and thought it was retarded, so I didn't care. I have strange tastes.

looking back, Mr. Hunt you may know Celtic Tiger (http://www.celtictigerlive.com/) better than he knows zelda and the FF series.

ViN86
03-09-07, 02:05 PM
looking back, Mr. Hunt you may know Celtic Tiger (http://www.celtictigerlive.com/) better than he knows zelda and the FF series.
that picture on the right of the page is hilarious :rofl

ENU291
03-09-07, 02:33 PM
In all fairness, was Metroid even that big of a deal before Prime on the GC? I think the first time I can recall being exposed to Samus was Super Smash Brothers.

And, in my post regarding having beat every FF since 7...I guess I didn't technically "beat" FFXI online. In fact, I only hit level 45 or so...I kind of gave up on it, though it was a fun game.
You must be young. Metroid was a monster hit on the original NES. Look that THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid) link for details on one of Nintendo's greatest franchise title.

kevJ420
03-09-07, 02:58 PM
What color is the sky in your world?

Well, I've heard of metroid. Heard of it 1st time when Super Metroid (3) came out 13 years ago.

As for the sky color in my world, it varies, as I think it does in everyone's world. Sometime is black (or close to it), sometimes it baby blue, sometimes its dark blue, sometimes its grey, sometimes it's even pink and orange in certain spots depending on the actions of the sun.

saturnotaku
03-09-07, 03:16 PM
As for the sky color in my world, it varies, as I think it does in everyone's world. Sometime is black (or close to it), sometimes it baby blue, sometimes its dark blue, sometimes its grey, sometimes it's even pink and orange in certain spots depending on the actions of the sun.

It was a rhetorical question numbnuts, written in response to your brainless post about someone not having heard of Metroid because he's a member of an NVIDIA fan site and Metroid was done a GameCube, which has a graphics chip done by an ATI-owned company.

Damn that was convoluted. Your stupid is contagious.

H3avyM3tal
03-09-07, 04:01 PM
I knew it! I have been telling everyone all along!

There was a conspiracy behind Shinobi!!!

Imbroglio
03-09-07, 05:16 PM
I have like 30 games on my NES, Battletoads, all the street fighters, SMB1,2,3 (Did anyone else HATE the ending of 2?)....tons more that I can't recall off the top of my head. Those are just the NES games that come to mind. I think I used to play Battletoads like 8 hours a day...that game was tough.

battletoads is awsome, the cart level was insanely fun and difficult, i used to have the entire level memorized :)

kevJ420
03-09-07, 07:09 PM
battletoads is awsome, the cart level was insanely fun and difficult, i used to have the entire level memorized :)

It would be cool if Rare made a new one for the x360.

So would a new KI, IMO.

The NES version was the weakest version, though, since they made it for genesis and the ones for the super nes are cool as **** too.

mike686
03-09-07, 08:21 PM
:wonder: kevpla1

kevJ420
03-09-07, 08:28 PM
:wonder: kevpla1

What was retarded with my last post? Some are but not that one. I'd really like to know.

Microsoft makes the Xbox360 and they own Rare. Rare made battletoads. I, and many other people would like the series to be resurrected. The only system a new Battletoads game could be on the is x360.

I would also like a sequel to killer instinct. I happen to like the 1st 2. And I may very well be retarded, but not b/c of this.

You can call me retarded, but make sure you have the right reason.

My last post was not one of them.

|MaguS|
03-09-07, 09:08 PM
Nintendo owns the rights to Killer Instinct, don't know about battletoads.

kev13dd
03-09-07, 09:10 PM
What was retarded with my last post? Some are but not that one. I'd really like to know.

Microsoft makes the Xbox360 and they own Rare. Rare made battletoads. I, and many other people would like the series to be resurrected. The only system a new Battletoads game could be on the is x360.

I would also like a sequel to killer instinct. I happen to like the 1st 2. And I may very well be retarded, but not b/c of this.

You can call me retarded, but make sure you have the right reason.

My last post was not one of them.

You need to read the rest of your post. Do things just slip out without you even knowing it? Do fanboy and extremely judgemental opinions just automatically get attached to your posts without your approved written consent?

The NES version was the weakest version, though, since they made it for genesis and the ones for the super nes are cool as **** too.

K