PDA

View Full Version : PS3 update stopped updating

Uberpwnage
03-09-07, 05:58 PM
I just got a PS3 today, mainly for Blu-ray movies. I Downloaded v1.54 from playstation.us.com and put it on my 256MB USB drive in the X:\PS3\UPDATE\ directory. Connected it to the PS3, and it found it, copied it to the hard drive, and then began installing it. It is currently stuck on 67% and has been for about 10 minutes. What should I do? It hasn't moved, and the HDD LED is inactive. What will happen if I turn it off?

Bad_Boy
03-09-07, 07:13 PM
Let it go for a few more minutes, if it it doesnt budge you might want to call customer support or see if you can restart and restore your machine. I'm not quite sure since it never happened to me. Your update may have corrupted when you downloaded or put it on the usb drive.

edit: also check the manual or the support on us.playstation.com to see if theres anything about an update stopping.

|MaguS|
03-09-07, 07:18 PM
How come you just didn't download the update through the system?

Uberpwnage
03-09-07, 07:57 PM
How come you just didn't download the update through the system?

Last time I did that (friend's PS3 he let me borrow) it took forever, alot longer than it should have. Probably about 2hrs, and the update I downloaded today was only 99MB which takes 30 min on my DSL connection. I didn't want to wait for 2hrs when my PC could get it in 30min.

I called support though, and they said to wait about 40 min lol, which I did, and then turn it off. Funny how simple it was, booted up and said "the update process was canceled, setup will now continue" and then it installed fine. Doesn't seem to be any problems.

Bad_Boy
03-09-07, 08:02 PM
Good to see you got it worked out. :)

kevJ420
03-09-07, 08:05 PM
Last time I did that (friend's PS3 he let me borrow) it took forever, alot longer than it should have. Probably about 2hrs, and the update I downloaded today was only 99MB which takes 30 min on my DSL connection. I didn't want to wait for 2hrs when my PC could get it in 30min.

I called support though, and they said to wait about 40 min lol, which I did, and then turn it off. Funny how simple it was, booted up and said "the update process was canceled, set will now continue" and then it installed fine. Doesn't seem to be any problems.

Glad it got fixed.

On a side note, the PS3 should be pretty reliable, much more so than it's 2 predecessors were for a long time. Ken Kutargi made sure that the Blue lasers were good to go and he got criticised for it, unfortunately.