PDA

View Full Version : M&KB support in UT3 (ps3) confirmed!

Bad_Boy
03-09-07, 06:08 PM
http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/unreal-tournament-2007/771700p1.html
For those of you hardcore PC purists, mouse and keyboard controls will be available in the PS3 version through the USB ports on the front of the machine. In addition, the Sixaxis controller will get its usual nod and the motion sensor can be used to control where you look. The Sony rep apologized for it not being accessible on the demo I was playing, and he suggested that it was actually very accurate once you got the hang of it.
Theres more impressions on the game at the link but this is the only thing that matters to me.

This makes me one happy soul, no upgrading the PC this year to play one of my favorite MP games of all time. Theres no way I was going to play this game with controllers, no way. Don't get me wrong, I like controllers and I'm pretty damn good with them, but UT is a game clearly not built for them....unless you're the vehicle kind. DM/TDM/CTF is all I need. :D

|MaguS|
03-09-07, 06:19 PM
BWAHAHAHA No more bitching from PC users that you can't play FPS games on consoles!

But then again, I expected this... M&KB was supported in UT for the PS2.

Bad_Boy
03-09-07, 06:30 PM
But then again, I expected this... M&KB was supported in UT for the PS2.
Thats true, but I always had a little doubt in my mind they would actually do it. They were always very coy with their answers regarding it. Also, UT for PS2 wasnt that big on online, generally speaking. ;)

Anyways, its nice to finally have confirmation. As for the rest of the stuff, it seems like the game was running smooth and looked great. This is probably my most anticipated FPS of the year.

Imbroglio
03-09-07, 06:56 PM
wow this is interesting :)

what's even cooler than the M&KB support is the fact that you don't even have to worry if your console can run it unlike the computer. where people have to spend money to possibly upgrade, ps3 owners only need a M&KB with their console :D

SebC
03-09-07, 07:21 PM
If every game would have mouse and keyboard support I wouldnt have to spend hundreds of pounds on system upgrades anymore :D

LycosV
03-10-07, 12:51 AM
If every game would have mouse and keyboard support I wouldnt have to spend hundreds of pounds on system upgrades anymore :D

You just have to spend an equal quantity of money on a PS3. :D

jAkUp
03-10-07, 01:04 AM
hmmm, this gives some hope for cross-platform play.

Bman212121
03-10-07, 01:16 AM
hmmm, this gives some hope for cross-platform play.

That's what I'm really hoping for. If they do cross platform, I can play UT3 on my pc, and someone can play against me on my PS3. It will be very nice as not everyone I know wants or has the money to get a top notch pc.

Imbroglio
03-10-07, 09:39 AM
awaits M&KB support announcement for 360....

*starts crying* i know that will never happen :thumbdwn:

six_storm
03-10-07, 09:59 AM
Yeah, they need to just man up and support mouse and keyboard on the 360. The console has USB ports...let the people put them to use!!

Amen to that, I'd actually like to see KB&M support for the 360.

SeriTonin
03-10-07, 10:09 AM
As much as I do want M&KB support for consoles, that wouldn't have any effect on my pc gaming. The sharper textures, skins, mods, free online gaming..can't go wrong. :D

SwedX
03-10-07, 10:25 AM
M$ said that they will definetly NOT sell key/mouse for the 360..They said thats belongs to the Pc and thats whats Vista is for :)

One of the smartest thing that ever comes from Billy buts mouth!

H3avyM3tal
03-10-07, 10:39 AM
M$ said that they will definetly NOT sell key/mouse for the 360..They said thats belongs to the Pc and thats whats Vista is for :)

One of the smartest thing that ever comes from Billy buts mouth!

Riiiight... so does the internet and onlin gaming right?

Nv40
03-10-07, 01:52 PM
The last thing Microsoft will ever want to see ,is a hacked Vista that runs in the XBox360 with keyboard and mouse support. That day for sure will be the end of their company as they knew it. :)

That will be indeed cool ,and will surely increase dramatically their console sales.

I remember seeing Linux in the original xbox ,so they are aware of the potential problems that could happen between two of their products. Like some else told ,people will stop buying PC's the day they can do everything in their console. Keyboard and Mouse was crippled on purpose in the xbox360 ,for Business reasons. Their biggest business still is selling PC software.

Sony in the other hand have nothing to lose ,they dont sell operating systems ,neither PC's . So in their case they will get greater benefits if people ever perceive the PS3 as a personal computer that play games. For nothing they encourage the development of new software aplications that runs in the PS3. If they suceed , Their console could end being a direct competition to the PC industry ,killing Low end PC sales ,somewhat for the smaller user ,that use their computer only for internet ,office aplications,plus gaming.

Toss3
03-11-07, 05:20 PM
The last thing Microsoft will ever want to see ,is a hacked Vista that runs in the XBox360 with keyboard and mouse support. That day for sure will be the end of their company as they knew it. :)

That will be indeed cool ,and will surely increase dramatically their console sales.

I remember seeing Linux in the original xbox ,so they are aware of the potential problems that could happen between two of their products. Like some else told ,people will stop buying PC's the day they can do everything in their console. Keyboard and Mouse was crippled on purpose in the xbox360 ,for Business reasons. Their biggest business still is selling PC software.

Sony in the other hand have nothing to lose ,they dont sell operating systems ,neither PC's . So in their case they will get greater benefits if people ever perceive the PS3 as a personal computer that play games. For nothing they encourage the development of new software aplications that runs in the PS3. If they suceed , Their console could end being a direct competition to the PC industry ,killing Low end PC sales ,somewhat for the smaller user ,that use their computer only for internet ,office aplications,plus gaming.

You will never be able to install Vista on your xbox360, end of story. The ps3 supports linux - yes, but without access to the RSX chip it's still pretty much useless.

Consoles will never replace PCs, not even low end ones(you can get a mid-range PC for the price of the ps3!).

The consoles could replace media-center computers, though, in the future.

ViN86
03-11-07, 05:34 PM
Amen to that, I'd actually like to see KB&M support for the 360.
thirded.

ViN86
03-11-07, 05:35 PM

even if someone could possibly do this, it would be a flop. the 360 CPU's performance ranks so well against the Cell chip due to its very low resource OS. check out my sig for the link.

if you ran Vista, it would hog resources (comparatively).

six_storm
03-12-07, 12:50 AM
Vista would never run on the 360 cuz it doesn't have 30GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 8800GTXs in SLI, and a core4trioduouno 4.99GHz CPU. Everyone knows you gotta have that to RUN Vista. ;)

Bman212121
03-12-07, 12:59 AM
I'm not sure why Vista on a 360 would be bad for MS. It's their console, and their OS. They are making money on both fronts, where they are only making money on software by putting it on other pcs.

thor1182
03-12-07, 08:12 AM
AHH t3h ce11 will eat me!

Toss3
03-12-07, 10:02 AM
AHH t3h ce11 will eat me!
It's a Macrophage c311! :D